Muschump on JC Jackson

How much of Urban Meyer's success at UF was really due, at least in part, from some of the recruits he got from his predecessor, whose name escapes me. The guy was a lousy coach, but a very good recruiter, as I recall.

I just don't remember the history. It seems that there were some good players in the program when Meyer got there.

Zook

Advertisement
Zook isn't on butch da gawd level, but the ******* guy knows talent. Even at Illinois, quite a few of the kids he recruited got drafted.

Zook isn't on butch da gawd level, but the ****ing guy knows talent. Even at Illinois, quite a few of the kids he recruited got drafted.

At least at UF, his classes were highly rated and made up of recognized top prospects, as I recall. I don't remember him being a "finding unheralded players" type. He may have been, but I don't recall that.

Rumors of pay offs were rampant back then and one highly rated player told me point blank that he was offered money to attend UF back at that time. Can't say he was telling me the truth--only that he did tell me that occurred.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back