Multiple Penalties Not Called On Louisville's First TD

drewm3i

Junior
Rewatching the game, it is clear the refs not only missed a blatant offensive pass interference one of Louisville's receivers (#5), but the same guy also had a BLATANT block in the back of Gurvan Hall that should have been called. Hall probably would have been able to push Atwell out of bounds if it were not for that block!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rewatching the game, it is clear the refs not only missed a blatant offensive pass interference one of Louisville's receivers (#5), but the same guy also had a BLATANT block in the back of Gurvan Hall that should have been called. Hall probably would have been able to push Atwell out of bounds if it were not for that block!
I said that too.

And that’s precisely why we need to have the mindset that we need to win games by 21 points. Because Tobacco Road crew will surely give opponent 7 to 10 points.
To be honest, the refs were pretty good and called lots of penalties on the Cards. It is hard to see everything, but this play should have been called back.

Advertisement
There was a major hold on the play on their OL, but honestly, when ISNT there?
Holding is one thing, a wide receiver driving a LB back ten yards and then a blatant blind side/ block in the back, by the same guy on the same play is different. A player being held can still make a play, a player getting cheap shotted in the back cannot.

I didn't get to watch the game live, but why did it seem like louisville got a lot of bull**** late hit on the qb flags?

Advertisement
Holding is one thing, a wide receiver driving a LB back ten yards and then a blatant blind side/ block in the back, by the same guy on the same play is different. A player being held can still make a play, a player getting cheap shotted in the back cannot.
Both very blatant which is unfortunate. The OL holding was right in the middle of the field with the guy closest to the QB.

You don’t expect every call but you hope when there’s multiple blatant ones on one play that one gets noticed.

Honestly, they called so many penalties on Louisville it's hard to say they were trying to ***** us. They're just going to miss some.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back