Much was made when Miami

brock

All-American
Missed on Anthony McFarland , Brian Edwards and cj henderson down the stretch.
Critical losses for this upcoming season but it may have made our reward in recruiting even better in 2018. What a blessing in disguise... The running back commits KNOW its immediate playing time available right away especially with walton likely leaving(he just had a kid). The dbs we are targeting KNOW there is immediate playing time and that Miami is reshaping the talent level at the position. Outside of the 2016 and 2017 class many of the dbs we have shouldn't be at Miami other than(Johnson, redwine, jackson(maybe). On top of that we lost ced wright last week so that's another spot we have to fill. I have said this before and will say it again if you ask anyone which class would you want to load up on dbs with they would pick this 2018 class over 2017 without question.

Advertisement
Yeah I hear you. But had we got the players we targeted and were still reeling in top guys like we are now, those older players would have been pushed out same as it happens at other schools when there is a log jam at a position.

Does it make selling playing time easier and more believeable When your depth chart is empty absolutley.

It's safe to say that Henderson and Edwards would be plan b guys to Ivey, Campbell, and Blades at CB if they all were in the same class.

I also think that McFarland would be a distant 3rd to Lingard and Davis in the pecking order.

agree about the db's bc grad transfers can help for that one year before the 2018 db's show up but I still think we get Lingard if Mcfarland came.

McFarland may have played next year.

Edwards and Henderson would have red shirted.

At this point who cares? Henderson and Edwards are mental midgets. Not the kind of kids you build championship teams with. Those are the type of kids Randy Shannon built 7 win Miami teams with.

Advertisement
Missed on Anthony McFarland , Brian Edwards and cj henderson down the stretch.
Critical losses for this upcoming season but it may have made our reward in recruiting even better in 2018. What a blessing in disguise... The running back commits KNOW its immediate playing time available right away especially with walton likely leaving(he just had a kid). The dbs we are targeting KNOW there is immediate playing time and that Miami is reshaping the talent level at the position. Outside of the 2016 and 2017 class many of the dbs we have shouldn't be at Miami other than(Johnson, redwine, jackson(maybe). On top of that we lost ced wright last week so that's another spot we have to fill. I have said this before and will say it again if you ask anyone which class would you want to load up on dbs with they would pick this 2018 class over 2017 without question.

Love your passion for The U man. Can always depend on brock for a thread or 5 any given day/week. Love it man!!!!!

Brock be like.........
XkJXhCI.jpg

Yeah I hear you. But had we got the players we targeted and were still reeling in top guys like we are now, those older players would have been pushed out same as it happens at other schools when there is a log jam at a position.

Does it make selling playing time easier and more believeable When your depth chart is empty absolutley.

Eh.. Guys are going to get pushed out anyway.

elite teams stack talent, they're not fortunate for missing on kids one year in order to get others the next.

These type of situations always work themselves out when U have a competent coaaaching staff. It was astonishing to watch all of the blog meltdowns when it was obvious that those kids simply didn't want to be Canes. It wasn't anyone's fault. The was all over them in ever way. When this is the case, the kid is not a loss. Those dudes are Gayturds and there was no way for them to fight it off. And in that sense we came out fine. I was never pressed by any of that ish, and it's hard to sit back and watch other Cane fans lose it over things that aren't regrettable. I might be an old timer in here at 38 years of age and 29 years in as a Canes fan. Once the incompetence is gone and sincerity in being the absolute best is a reality again, then as fans just sit back and enjoy the journey to our 6th.

Advertisement
I still think McFarland is a good player, and a team can ALWAYS use Henderson's speed (regardless of which position he ends up at).

But, it is what it is. There's really nothing major to complain about right now. We just need to win some ****** games this year and lock this 2018 class UP.

Not getting henderson or edwards opened up 2 extra scholarships for this class. And i wasnt high on either of them so its all good by me.

Advertisement
elite teams stack talent, they're not fortunate for missing on kids one year in order to get others the next.

We aren't elite though.

agreed, thats the point I'm making. But, the OP is spinning losing on those kids as a positive. Missing on Mcfarland, when we only have 2 RBs is reprehensible. And missing on Henderson, which has first round talent, at possibly our position of biggest need is not acceptable either.

We aren't elite though.

agreed, thats the point I'm making. But, the OP is spinning losing on those kids as a positive. Missing on Mcfarland, when we only have 2 RBs is reprehensible. And missing on Henderson, which has first round talent, at possibly our position of biggest need is not acceptable either.

Spinning? It allowed us to make more dbs in a class that is better top to bottom

Advertisement

We aren't elite though.

First round talent? No. He has ideal size and is fast, but that doesn't always guarantee success. As of now, he is completely raw as a CB. He couldn't even start at the USA all-star game and he is way behind Bandy in terms of skill.

Agreed on Mcfarland, however. That one stung.

It is never positive to lose talent you want and could have. "Next year" has gotten so old. A miss is a miss. Have we yet gotten a RB better than Collins after we lost him? If we want to get back, there has to be a player on the bench younger and better than the star playing in front of him. Imagine Collins coming in with fresh legs and that beast body after Duke went down in Tally? Maybe we go on to win that game. That is the way that made us great TWICE. We need talent stacked upon talent.

Lingard and Davis had no fear of Whoopi. They would have come to UM and pushed that soft-shouldered pud out of the way.

It's safe to say that Henderson and Edwards would be plan b guys to Ivey, Campbell, and Blades at CB if they all were in the same class.

I also think that McFarland would be a distant 3rd to Lingard and Davis in the pecking order.

Agree with you on edwards, but have to disagree on Henderson. I cant stand the way he handled his recruitment, but he is an elite athlete and wouldnt really be a plan b guy imo

Advertisement
Back