Much was made when Miami

It is never positive to lose talent you want and could have. "Next year" has gotten so old. A miss is a miss. Have we yet gotten a RB better than Collins after we lost him? If we want to get back, there has to be a player on the bench younger and better than the star playing in front of him. Imagine Collins coming in with fresh legs and that beast body after Duke went down in Tally? Maybe we go on to win that game. That is the way that made us great TWICE. We need talent stacked upon talent.

Agreed. You always add talent ASAP. No "saving rides" for players you might get next year.

Advertisement
It is never positive to lose talent you want and could have. "Next year" has gotten so old. A miss is a miss. Have we yet gotten a RB better than Collins after we lost him? If we want to get back, there has to be a player on the bench younger and better than the star playing in front of him. Imagine Collins coming in with fresh legs and that beast body after Duke went down in Tally? Maybe we go on to win that game. That is the way that made us great TWICE. We need talent stacked upon talent.

Agreed. You always add talent ASAP. No "saving rides" for players you might get next year.

It aint about saving spots but not getting edwards and henderson allowed for that to happen. I would rather get the 2 extra DBs in this year class rather than have edwards and henderson on the team.

McFarland may have played next year.

Edwards and Henderson would have red shirted.

At this point who cares? Henderson and Edwards are mental midgets. Not the kind of kids you build championship teams with. Those are the type of kids Randy Shannon built 7 win Miami teams with.

Henderson and Edwards knew who was coming in behind them and wanted no part of it.

Advertisement
Broke really got that Golden mentality. That's all we heard during the Golden years, "next year." Losing those prospects isn't a good thing no matter how you spin it.

Yeah I hear you. But had we got the players we targeted and were still reeling in top guys like we are now, those older players would have been pushed out same as it happens at other schools when there is a log jam at a position.

Does it make selling playing time easier and more believeable When your depth chart is empty absolutley.

Not getting henderson or edwards opened up 2 extra scholarships for this class. And i wasnt high on either of them so its all good by me.

Yeah but if the staff was absolutely sold on guys not cutting it then they could still take who wanted and push the other guys out. It's never hurts to have more bodies for camp and practice.

elite teams stack talent, they're not fortunate for missing on kids one year in order to get others the next.

We aren't elite though.

agreed, thats the point I'm making. But, the OP is spinning losing on those kids as a positive. Missing on Mcfarland, when we only have 2 RBs is reprehensible. And missing on Henderson, which has first round talent, at possibly our position of biggest need is not acceptable either.

First round talent? No. He has ideal size and is fast, but that doesn't always guarantee success. As of now, he is completely raw as a CB. He couldn't even start at the USA all-star game and he is way behind Bandy in terms of skill.

Agreed on Mcfarland, however. That one stung.

ok, First round measurables. Kid is 6', with a frame to put on good weight and runs a 4.3. I know people like to think kids that size running 4.3's grow on trees down here, but that aint so... There actually aren't that many walking the planet.

elite teams stack talent, they're not fortunate for missing on kids one year in order to get others the next.

We aren't elite though.

agreed, thats the point I'm making. But, the OP is spinning losing on those kids as a positive. Missing on Mcfarland, when we only have 2 RBs is reprehensible. And missing on Henderson, which has first round talent, at possibly our position of biggest need is not acceptable either.

First round talent? No. He has ideal size and is fast, but that doesn't always guarantee success. As of now, he is completely raw as a CB. He couldn't even start at the USA all-star game and he is way behind Bandy in terms of skill.

Agreed on Mcfarland, however. That one stung.

ok, First round measurables. Kid is 6', with a frame to put on good weight and runs a 4.3. I know people like to think kids that size running 4.3's grow on trees down here, but that aint so... There actually aren't that many walking the planet.

Trust me, I realize that and agree that a lot of people take that kind of speed for granted. I would have loved to have him here, not even going to act otherwise. However, with his current lack of skill and coaching at the position, I'm not so sure he will maximize (or even come close) his potential being coached by Corey Bell. Would be a different story had Gray not bolted, but yeah with the current situation at UF I don't think he will end up being very good. On the other hand, I think Rumph would have molded him very well.

Advertisement
Who cares? These guys are not on Miami. Move on. Miami is one year away from having a secondary of Jaquan Johnson, Amari Carter, Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, and Dean. And, a backfield of Homer, Lingard, Davis, Cain, and/or Wright. There won't be a better position group in the nation.

And I forgot Al Blades, Jr.

Who cares? These guys are not on Miami. Move on. Miami is one year away from having a secondary of Jaquan Johnson, Amari Carter, Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, DJ Ivey, Gilbert Frierson, and Dean. And, a backfield of Homer, Lingard, Davis, Cain, and/or Wright. There won't be a better position group in the nation.

And I forgot Al Blades, Jr.

Since you're saying Miami is one year away from having these guys...Cain and Wright are 2019.

Henderson and Edwards most likely wouldn't start this year, and by the time the 2018 DBs showed up, they would both be trying to transfer out once they realized they would never see the field behind kids who came in a year after them.

Both those kids are baby powder soft and missing on them this past signing day was definitely a HUGE blessing in disguise, especially when you factor in who will be replacing those DB spots on our roster with elite dogs from this 2018 class.

Advertisement
Elite athlete, not elite DB. There is a difference. I suspect he would have either been asked to RS or would only have played in limited packages, then would have whined that he wasn't being utilized properly (because he has little actual CB experience), then when the huge crop of actual elite DBs from 2018 arrive , he'd likely get moved to a different position if he wanted to see the field.

Advertisement

It aint about saving spots but not getting edwards and henderson allowed for that to happen. I would rather get the 2 extra DBs in this year class rather than have edwards and henderson on the team.

That is a little like, well that chick who just threw a drink in my face was hot but there are hotter ones in the parking lot waiting to turn 21 to get in the bar.

All three players were depth talent...but, you need depth talent. None of those guys would have been in the two deep this year and they all get lapped next year by the incoming freshman...but again, you need those types to build a championship roster...its also a situation where you want to keep these talents away from other teams (sans McFarland).

Mods:
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] should only be allowed to post in the active voice. Please delete all posts and thread where he uses the passive voice. Thanks.

Advertisement
Back