Mrs. Burns Banner

Advertisement
Im sure artie and family seeing a banner would get a positive reaction. It would feel good to see fans come to your support as an individual with more then just words. But i do agree, if we could donate the money to family, i think that would be a better idea if not a violation

precisely. Should double check to see if a donation is within compliance.

Do they have anything setup to help the family with funeral arrangements or the like? If so, the money is better spent there.

Maybe true, but maybe also an NCAA violation. I don't know the answer, but I raise the question for those who are seriously considering a donation.

Lol we as fans can blow up the athletic director's office phones to talk **** about golden and co. We should be able to do the same to see if what we are talking about is a violation. Those with numbers to direct lines at the University should be calling in.

Advertisement
Whoever did the banners set this up stat...will be a great gesture and show that we care about our players. We've had enough negativity the past 5 years...lets flip the script and show some support

I can think of no better way to honor Mrs. Burns and her entire family than flying a banner in her honor during the Duke game. Like it or not the UM players do not think very highly of us fans right now and this show of unity from us in support of our players and their family will go a very long way in restoring the trust/camaraderie/unity that has been lost during the past few seasons.

I understand people may argue that her family could use the $1,600 better at this moment but I think this gesture will go a very very long way with the players, media, but above all her entire family during this incredibly tragic time.

Caneinsight is full of professional banner flying individuals...I am hopeful one of them shows up and coordinates this with the ease in which they coordinated banners this entire season. Let's Fly the **** Banner in support of our players!!!!! It's time. Let's show who we are as fans and that we will always go out of our way to support these young men in good times and in bad.

Please don't do this. This looks like you are making a public display of something he might not want done. It really looks like your doing it to make yourself look good. Send the money to his family with a card that says it's from the canes fans. It's like donating to a charity and bragging about it, just not classy IMO.

Advertisement
Whoever did the banners set this up stat...will be a great gesture and show that we care about our players. We've had enough negativity the past 5 years...lets flip the script and show some support

Why can't you do it?

You seem to be so adamant about this, yet need other people to do the job?

There are people who have done this with ease in the past and could get it done in mere minutes vs me spending much longer on it. Simple division of labor and more productive that way.

I don't know why someone down voted me really think about it you do something to be sincere behind the scenes you don't make a public display in front of an entire stadium when you have literally done nothing to help except for fly a banner which helps them in no way. The family is going to need money to have a funeral service unexpectedly not have the fans try to get back into the players good grace by flying a banner. Fly a banner for butch and help Artie behind the scenes.

If you want to fly a banner for Artie fly one that has a link to a gofundme account where you can donate to his family

Advertisement
"fly a banner which helps them in no way"...this is where many disagree with you. It shows that we as fans genuinely care about the young man and his family and shows support during a tough time. As someone who lost a parent at a young age I can personally say this gesture would have made me very proud. It is also important to let our players know we support them through think and thin and care about them as more than football players. That sends a strong message and is in line with the unique and amazing "U Family" culture that has been around the Miami program for decades. So yes...the banner would help in multiple ways.

"fly a banner which helps them in no way"...this is where many disagree with you. It shows that we as fans genuinely care about the young man and his family and shows support during a tough time. As someone who lost a parent at a young age I can personally say this gesture would have made me very proud. It is also important to let our players know we support them through think and thin and care about them as more than football players. That sends a strong message and is in line with the unique and amazing "U Family" culture that has been around the Miami program for decades. So yes...the banner would help in multiple ways.

Everything you just said was let the all the players know that we care which is taking advantage of an awful situation. So your post lets me know how it helps the fans, explain how it helps Artie. Doing something behind the scenes lets him know we care just as much. It's just not a public display so the fans can look good too.

There's a difference in telling someone in public that you will be there for them and actually being there for them behind the scenes.

Advertisement
How it helps Artie and his family is by letting them know that we as fans genuinely care about them during a trying time. When people go though something devastating like this that simple gesture goes a very long way. This will be well received by him and his entire family.

How it helps Artie and his family is by letting them know that we as fans genuinely care about them during a trying time. When people go though something devastating like this that simple gesture goes a very long way. This will be well received by him and his entire family.

I agree letting him know is a good thing. But donating 1600 with a card does the same thing. If all everyone cares about is letting him and the players know then just fly the banner over practice. I think that u want to let them know we care while also making us look good.

Flying a banner seems more self-serving than how it is intended. I would use other means to show condolences

Advertisement
Back