Mrs. Burns Banner

TruCane

Sophomore
I can think of no better way to honor Mrs. Burns and her entire family than flying a banner in her honor during the Duke game. Like it or not the UM players do not think very highly of us fans right now and this show of unity from us in support of our players and their family will go a very long way in restoring the trust/camaraderie/unity that has been lost during the past few seasons.

I understand people may argue that her family could use the $1,600 better at this moment but I think this gesture will go a very very long way with the players, media, but above all her entire family during this incredibly tragic time.

Caneinsight is full of professional banner flying individuals...I am hopeful one of them shows up and coordinates this with the ease in which they coordinated banners this entire season. Let's Fly the **** Banner in support of our players!!!!! It's time. Let's show who we are as fans and that we will always go out of our way to support these young men in good times and in bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do they have anything setup to help the family with funeral arrangements or the like? If so, the money is better spent there.

No disrespect.... But the Wez doesn't do things like this. We are straight savages. We are getting ready to fly a fire coach Scott banner, our funds are tied up.

Advertisement
I'm not sure a banner is the best way to show support given the full context of the situation here.

Probably won't be as well received as your intentions.

No disrespect.... But the Wez doesn't do things like this. We are straight savages. We are getting ready to fly a fire coach Scott banner, our funds are tied up.
Why fire Scott. Ain't he just holding the seat warm till they figure who they want to hire?

Why doesn't the university fly such a banner? Artie is a student at UM. For that matter, why doesn't the university fly a banner for the death of any student family member. All UM students should be worthy of such an honor.

Of course, my real point is that the trolling OP is trying to make a statement about how banner money could be purposed in other ways. Ways that he suggests.

Besides, banners don't work. Right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
just keep him and his family in your prayers..
he has tons of support from players, coaches students etc....

I think we are done with Banners for a while

Not sure how I feel about a banner one way or the other....BUT the concept here is a good one. Things have been so negative (for obvious reasons), even to the point of fans and players yelling at eachother. The idea of a gesture that gets the players (and media) to say "wow, that's a really cool thing for the fans to come together and do to support a player during personal family tragedy" is very good. Gotta get good vibes flowing in all directions now that Phase I (fire the used car salesman) is complete.

Advertisement
Why fire Scott. Ain't he just holding the seat warm till they figure who they want to hire?

Like I said... We are savages. Win or gtfo
Savages are not irrational, attacking Scott would make u all look like clowns. Attack the administration if you want, the ball is in their court. Why they havent fired No D and still low balling Butch . Scott really? Smh

Im sure artie and family seeing a banner would get a positive reaction. It would feel good to see fans come to your support as an individual with more then just talking and from behind a keyboard. Im sure he will hear people feeling sorry for him a million times. You guys know how it feels to lose a loved one. The whole town will tell you how they are sorry and if their as anything you need then call them, then they go on about their lives. A banner shows you putting your money where your mouth is. But i do agree, if we could donate the money to family, i think that would be a better idea if not a violation

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back