Mrs. Burns Banner

Advertisement
Why doesn't the university fly such a banner? Artie is a student at UM. For that matter, why doesn't the university fly a banner for the death of any student family member. All UM students should be worthy of such an honor.

Of course, my real point is that the trolling OP is trying to make a statement about how banner money could be purposed in other ways. Ways that he suggests.

Besides, banners don't work. Right?

I was about to agree with OP but you opened my eyes. We can give to a fun if NCAA allows it.

It really is impossible to do anything nice around here without getting persecuted for being a troll or spy or UM Insider which isn't surprising when a High School teenager like Klamalama spends all his extra time after class posting 7,000 times a day is leading the charge pretending to be Joseph McCarthy. There is a reason all reasonable adults, like Shaq's father who contributed greatly, have left this board...young kids like Klamalama.

I genuinely do not do not care how we contribute and show love towards the Burns family...whether banner or fund or funeral expenses. Just do something positive without b*tching for once and unite like grown men.

Advertisement
Flying a banner seems more self-serving than how it is intended. I would use other means to show condolences

Exactly my point as well

CanesFreak, you're on point brother. Don't know why you'd get downvoted.

The first thing that came to mind when I read the OP was "You're going to take advantage of this awful situation to show how not ****** of a fanbase we are. Very self-serving"

OP's idea is well intentioned, but it would be a much more valuable gesture for all if we raised the money for his family. This would check all the boxes we want checked, except the one where we get applause from the audience, which is not needed imo.

Advertisement
Back