Mr.Glass is practicing again for those wondering where he was

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory

Advertisement
I really don't get it. The kid has had one injury after another and some treat him like it was intentional. Some people just suck!
I wish those people suffered similar incidents like the student athletes they bash and was vilified publically. Maybe then the weak ******** would see they need to gain perspective. Some decency. Unreal.

Advertisement
Didn't Joyner go from LB to DE BACK to LB now back at DE? Do I have that right? I have not heard a peep about his name in a minute and last year in the scrimmage we were hearing how good he was looking pre-injury.

Didn't Joyner go from LB to DE BACK to LB now back at DE? Do I have that right? I have not heard a peep about his name in a minute and last year in the scrimmage we were hearing how good he was looking pre-injury.
He is a tweener who doesnt seem to have a role.. Sucks to see..

Advertisement
Nice to see some posters backing up Burns. To be fair to the OP, Burns' nickname on here was Glassman for the longest time. So I for one took it as a joke not meant to be mean.

But, yeah, thank god we have a 4th back in the mix. And I personally have always felt Burns could be a star if he could stay healthy. He was flashing at the end of last season and quite frankly playing as good as or better than Harris IMHO. I had him as my dark horse breakout player this year until his knee injury sidelined him.

Advertisement
The real problem I see is ... his Star rating was too high. 4 Stars typically find away to be a presence. Burns team mates really like him, so that is a positive.

Advertisement

Instead of them creating sub packages as a hybrid lber/de to maximize his skill set they rather just keep passing him around until he decides to transfer bc they have no real plan on how to use him.

Burns is a great high character kid and a pleasure to be around according to many sources close to the UM locker room. It's extremely unfortunate that injury after injury after injury have just about destroyed his opportunity to make a living playing this game.

Don't cry for Burns because he certainly isn't doing it. RB is not the type of kid to wallow in negativity and feel sorry for himself. He is the type of kid that others are drawn to because of his good natured, optimistic and upbeat attitude/personality. He continues to work hard through the entire thing which has earned him the respect of his teammates. He is also a very well balanced kid with many interests outside of football with the intelligence and proper mindset to make it happen. Burns is an excellent student and very active in his church and community. It's a great bet that Robert Burns will truly make something out of his life football or not.

Advertisement
Back