Off-Topic Movie/TV Recommendations Thread

Gomorrah - but only if you watch it in the original Italian with subtitles. Absolutely no voice-overs.

View attachment 194864
The original movie was the closest depiction of Naples La Camorra Mafia ever shown on film.

They actually had real life Camorra members in the movie playing in different roles.

Advertisement
The original movie was the closest depiction of Naples La Camorra Mafia ever shown on film.

They actually had real life Camorra members in the movie playing in different roles.

I didn’t know that, but it doesn’t surprise me because quite a few those guys looked real. You know what I mean, they didn’t look like actors at all.

As a parallel, there’s a movie on HBO right now call O.G., with Jeffrey Wright, and you can tell who the real prisoners are from the actors.

Also, tell you what, the Camorra makes the mafia look like boy scouts.

I didn’t know that, but it doesn’t surprise me because quite a few those guys looked real. You know what I mean, they didn’t look like actors at all.

As a parallel, there’s a movie on HBO right now call O.G., with Jeffrey Wright, and you can tell who the real prisoners are from the actors.

Also, tell you what, the Camorra makes the mafia look like boy scouts.
Yeah the Blonde haired guy with the voice box was an actual member of the Castellammare di Stabia Cesarano Clan.

They also had members from the Mallardo, Contini, De Luca Bossa, Rinaldi & Fabbrocino clans & several more.

The La Camorra is probably the only remaining Mafioso organizations that remain some semblance to it’s original inception.

The Ndrangheta is the most powerful & most lucrative organized crime syndicate in the world, they’ve completely taken over the Heroin drug trade in the world & are a Multi-Billion dollar organization. They’re a Southern Italy group but they’re not really like the La Camorra or the Palermo Sicilian Mafia, they operate completely different in terms of rules & structure.

…….The Ndrangheta is the most powerful & most lucrative organized crime syndicate in the world, they’ve completely taken over the Heroin drug trade in the world & are a Multi-Billion dollar organization. They’re a Southern Italy group but they’re not really like the La Camorra or the Palermo Sicilian Mafia, they operate completely different in terms of rules & structure.

I believe that zerozerozero miniseries (based on Saviano’s book) was about them.

Advertisement
Finally finished Ozarks. Thoughts on the ending? Seems most people were disappointed based on what I’ve been able to read. I didn’t mind it, still my favorite Netflix show. Starting the terminal list now.

The Gomorrah author had to go into witness protection because there was basically a hit on him for exposing so much of the mafia world to the outside world.

Yup, Netflix is moving to an ad model too. Give content ad-free so people drop broadcast/cable, then adopt broadcast/cable's ad model, but don't allow fast forwarding. Brilliant.
Also supposed to charge for sharing passwords...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back