Moves are being made

If you knew the temperature of responses coming from those we have interest in you’d understand why. Can you not see things clearly? CMR fell to us out of chance. Take a look at what we have now and what we had going back to AG as a short term reference and the staffs those guys have and had. He’s not my guy. As a matter of fact he’s below my preferred few. But when your preferred few respond with “eh” along with a host of others, you take the best guy you can get.

Wake up and realize, regardless of what you hear, what this job is at this point right now. All I hear is “well this guy or that guy would be so fulfilled to turn things around”. Yes that’s true to an extent. But these guys see what’s on the field along with what the athletic department has been. A LB corp that shouldn’t be in a lower level group of 5 team. An OL, and I know people don’t want to hear this, that with few exceptions has zero dog and we’re HUGE misses as far as scouting went. And a DL with a piece or two but completely underwhelming.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OR TWO YEAR FIX! I can tell you one of these hot coaching commodities, at least at this point, has been interested in the least. I’d be hesitant as it stands now to trust any that did in fear it’d be another sale job by an underwhelming AG. The feeling is things will change, I’ve said that. But at this moment it’s slim. If it comes down to Chud or some unknown who’s even less qualified than Manny you take your pick, that’s the context I put that in. Don’t like it, don’t like it. I’m telling you that not one of the names mentioned repeatedly on this board as a candidate has been beyond the “eh” response recently.

And last but not least. Anyone who thinks anyone with any decision making ability cares about this board as a whole needs to seek help fast. Especially caring enough to place a mole in order to drop nuggets on the masses. My information is concrete and I stand by it. My opinion is my opinion. Don’t like it, kick rocks on here and micro manage every single word. We’d be light years ahead of where we are now if we had Chud as opposed to Manny and it wouldn’t be nearly the **** show it is now. At the same time I have other preferences moving forward in the search as that’s possible to have.
We all acknowledge this program has shortcomings but let's not act like we are trying to hire a Head Coach for FIU. This is still a very attractive job if we are willing to invest in program. If candidates are telling you "eh" it has zero to due with our roster and everything to do with the now very public knowledge that our athletic administration is completely dysfunctional and we lack a commitment to investing the necessary resources to make this a successful program. There is more than enough on our roster that with the right coach, the right investment in staff and infrastructure while adding some transfers that you could compete for the coastal in year one! Now if Ferman's report today is correct and we demonstrate that to candidates we won't be hearing any "eh's".

Now that doesn't mean that we are going to outbid LSU for their top pick or we are going to poach Lane or Stoops but there's quite a few candidates that would be interested that would come before Chud. Yes some of those happen to be in G5 who are WAY more qualified than AG ever was so lets stop using him as an excuse and definitely more qualified than Manny will ever be. As far as Chud goes I like him and OFCOURSE he would have been a better option than Manny who was completely unqualified. **** Chud may have even been the right choice back in 2019 when he was coming off being an NFL OC, but now its just lazy and he should be nowhere in the discussion for HC.

Advertisement
The opposite. Manny pushed BJ into a corner about the job. Told him he’s kicking his can down the road unless there’s a close to immediate offer. BJ being the feckless buffoon he is folded like a paper tiger relatively quickly. Yes it happened quick. But understand we’re not talking minutes here. CMR went to bat for Manny. All the moving parts involved in either decision making, rubber stamping, financing, or all three, were of the understanding of the importance of having pieces in place to help Manny along the way. CMR was very specific on that with his blessing, and that’s exactly what it was, when it came to the hire. Should have been a red flag on the immediate deficiencies.

The understanding amongst all involved was the hire was contingent upon these pieces being put in place. A part of that understanding was a very flexible budget for those around him when it came to help and assistants. Once the ink was dry, Manny took his ball, ran to BJ, and bypassed all the understandings and started rewarding his people who we all know are not worthy of competing at the level we expect.

At some point in that chain, relatively early, BJ bypassed his channels and went straight to JF. Hence you have the mess, angst, and betrayal which saturated all levels both inside and out of the organization.

And let me make this very clear. Manny marking himself as DC after the departure of BB was Manny asserting his weight with the feckless incompetents I’ve mentioned. In other words. The guy who needed his hand held is ruling the roost and the feckless wing nuts have just walked in lock step with him. You really cannot make up the dysfunction.
Its absolutely crazy to me that he still has a job after going rogue like this. I would understand if he was winning but he's been a complete incompetent and should have been **** canned weeks ago

Okay guys. I heard from a guy, that knows a guy, that knows some chick's cousin connected to the Admin. Apparently Manny lost his lisp today after Ed Reed slapped the speech impediment out of him.
q5YF63X.png

Advertisement
I don't get why people are basically blowing a gasket about this Chud thing. Alot of you never learn. Miami doesn't need fancy flashy, they need experience, talent evaluators, that demand respect. People coming from the NFL, or people that have significant big schools experience. Thats what we had in Howard and Butch. There was nothing fancy about those guys when they came to Miami, they were serious men, that were talent developers, teachers and leaders. Chud is almost in the same region of his career. He was one of the best NFL OCs while being in there. Meaning he would have extensive links to assistants. This knashing of teeth is overblown. He fits right into the attritbutes i think we need in a coach. Respected and disciplined with NFL coaching experience
Just a heads up, it’s been almost 40 years since Howard coached here and 21 years since Butch. Not sure if you knew that.

Well this devolved pretty quickly like some other threads I’ve seen on here. I stick with my earlier estimate that 50% of you have an IQ above the daily average temperature in San Diego. For those of you who fit in this category I say this. The information provided is unequivocally correct. I realize we’re used to dealing with lots of pessimism due to our experience. Understand BJ is a dead man walking. Better yet he was made aware of it directly. Whether we agree with the path of the exit or not, take solace in the fact it’s actively occurring. That exit includes those he’s formed into his toxic little clique of incompetent and myopic minions who have managed to make our three biggest athletic programs into a joke. I’m not saying he did it alone. But his lack of professionalism above all has led him to where both he and we are right now. Not just incompetence, but a lack of professionalism and decorum such a position commands.

As for Manny. I hope but seriously doubt he’s learned from any of this. I wish no ill will but understand he’s not the likable failure of a football coach I’ve heard described. He isolated and surrounded himself with yes men (including BJ) and disregarded some very thoughtful voices who would have helped him a great deal. Don’t feel bad for the guy, just hope he gets it on the way to his next stop in life.

I said before, my livelihood is not in the slightest dependent upon spreading rumor or providing correct information to others. This isn’t my job, hence I will not directly name my sources as I’d much rather keep the relationships I have. My family lines to this University, both by blood and by marriage, go back to the 1940’s. All-American seasons, team and individual conference championships, Wimbledon appearances, professional contracts, and a host of other accomplishments by us took place on the fields and courts of the University or were the drivers of those future accomplishments. Many of the old guard who take part in this **** show watched my father in law at the OB in the mid to late 70’s which laid the foundation of becoming an NFL alum.

My point is I love this university. I’ve heard some crazy things through the years whether it be while sweating my skin off at the OB or from the luxury of an air conditioned box at Joe Robbie. Most of which I’d be happy to share if you provide the bottle of Willet Family Reserve Single Barrel. With that being said. In the eyes of those that matter this is unequivocally the most pressing time for the athletic program they have seen. Their words, not mine. Even though we all, or at least 50% of us that can form a rational thought can see it for what it is. If you haven’t already I ask you do what you can to make your discontent known. Well thought out correspondence and a complete cut off of finances goes farther than incoherent thought (yes you other 50% on here). Maybe your pockets aren’t as deep as some I’ve referenced or your influence not as large. But understand it does matter and I can assure you without doubt that the key decision makers at the University see it as well when done is mass. I’ll do my best to hop on here when I can and drop any information I get. Fortunately I’m down to my last day of staying at home with my kids due to a contact tracing forced quarantine at their school.

As for the other 50%. Don’t waste your time as you will only hurt the cause with your incoherent mumbling. Stay on this board and continue to taint the fan base and give the administration further reason to disregard you.

Well this devolved pretty quickly like some other threads I’ve seen on here. I stick with my earlier estimate that 50% of you have an IQ above the daily average temperature in San Diego. For those of you who fit in this category I say this. The information provided is unequivocally correct. I realize we’re used to dealing with lots of pessimism due to our experience. Understand BJ is a dead man walking. Better yet he was made aware of it directly. Whether we agree with the path of the exit or not, take solace in the fact it’s actively occurring. That exit includes those he’s formed into his toxic little clique of incompetent and myopic minions who have managed to make our three biggest athletic programs into a joke. I’m not saying he did it alone. But his lack of professionalism above all has led him to where both he and we are right now. Not just incompetence, but a lack of professionalism and decorum such a position commands.

As for Manny. I hope but seriously doubt he’s learned from any of this. I wish no ill will but understand he’s not the likable failure of a football coach I’ve heard described. He isolated and surrounded himself with yes men (including BJ) and disregarded some very thoughtful voices who would have helped him a great deal. Don’t feel bad for the guy, just hope he gets it on the way to his next stop in life.

I said before, my livelihood is not in the slightest dependent upon spreading rumor or providing correct information to others. This isn’t my job, hence I will not directly name my sources as I’d much rather keep the relationships I have. My family lines to this University, both by blood and by marriage, go back to the 1940’s. All-American seasons, team and individual conference championships, Wimbledon appearances, professional contracts, and a host of other accomplishments by us took place on the fields and courts of the University or were the drivers of those future accomplishments. Many of the old guard who take part in this **** show watched my father in law at the OB in the mid to late 70’s which laid the foundation of becoming an NFL alum.

My point is I love this university. I’ve heard some crazy things through the years whether it be while sweating my skin off at the OB or from the luxury of an air conditioned box at Joe Robbie. Most of which I’d be happy to share if you provide the bottle of Willet Family Reserve Single Barrel. With that being said. In the eyes of those that matter this is unequivocally the most pressing time for the athletic program they have seen. Their words, not mine. Even though we all, or at least 50% of us that can form a rational thought can see it for what it is. If you haven’t already I ask you do what you can to make your discontent known. Well thought out correspondence and a complete cut off of finances goes farther than incoherent thought (yes you other 50% on here). Maybe your pockets aren’t as deep as some I’ve referenced or your influence not as large. But understand it does matter and I can assure you without doubt that the key decision makers at the University see it as well when done is mass. I’ll do my best to hop on here when I can and drop any information I get. Fortunately I’m down to my last day of staying at home with my kids due to a contact tracing forced quarantine at their school.

As for the other 50%. Don’t waste your time as you will only hurt the cause with your incoherent mumbling. Stay on this board and continue to taint the fan base and give the administration further reason to disregard you.
One of the most intelligently written posts I have seen here.

Advertisement

Do you know the carpet guy by any chance?

Attachments

• 3F4D8451-9D87-4A87-A231-A56BA5E1453B.jpeg
    3F4D8451-9D87-4A87-A231-A56BA5E1453B.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 36

Thanks for the information. Certainly im struggling with even wanting to go saturday night. I have had two lower level endzone seats for the last decade, and travel to atleast one away game each year. IIf we hire mario ill upgrade to club level next seaspm

You good bro, some of us appreciate the info. Alit of people know what the deal is....do your thing and be blessed brother.

Advertisement
JP, thanks very much for the insight. Any info on process or timing on replacing BJ? Seems you’d want the right AD in place before hiring new, expensive head coaches.

You don’t know a **** thing, but you write coherently so people believe you’re an ‘insider’. You probably do hear things from people that are in connected positions, but their takes are laced with their own biases and speculations.

You then have the nerve to insult everyone on the board that isn’t buying in to your BS. You’ve made it pretty clear that you are the biggest buffoon in this thread. I hope you deeply cherish your fake insider status, though.

I, and the board greatly appreciate the insight, as well as the support from you and your family over the years.

As it relates to communication with the powers that be, besides Julio Frenk, which BOT member(s) would you recommend be contacted? Obviously not all are created equal. Some might disregard the comm while others might use it as fuel for change.

Thank you again for the information

Advertisement
Has anyone wondered the possibility that Zo wouldn’t be this vocal and attached by so many as a possibility of being the AD or football only AD unless he actually knew who the head coach would be?

Seems like a pretty smart guy to be all gung ho and then take the job without having a specific plan.

Or he wants to be the one that makes that decision or has a say in the process

You don’t know a **** thing, but you write coherently so people believe you’re an ‘insider’. You probably do hear things from people that are in connected positions, but their takes are laced with their own biases and speculations.

You then have the nerve to insult everyone on the board that isn’t buying in to your BS. You’ve made it pretty clear that you are the biggest buffoon in this thread. I hope you deeply cherish your fake insider status, though.
Why you hating though? We got somebody providing information and you're alienating a possible source of information most of the fanbase wants to know. All I know is that he said this then the Fermin article came out. There is smoke to the fire.

This is great to hear. Do you think Manny has any chance to save himself? I hope the answer is no and they have already told him he’s done

Advertisement
Back