Moves are being made

Advertisement
I understand why Ed and Freeze are controversial but why leach and Kiffin?
I would take Kiffin in a heartbeat but he's probably too controversial for Frenk: https://athlonsports.com/college-football/lane-kiffin-twitter-wife-salary
Kiffin, 44, is one of the most controversial figures in all of sports. In certain circles, just saying the name "Lane Kiffin" is the easiest way to turn a friendly group of football fans into an angry mob.

Lane and Layla divorced in 2016 but appear to remain on good terms as the parents of three children together. Lane’s personal life, however, is (allegedly) complicated. Off-field rumors have swirled around Kiffin, involving a hilarious alias “Joey Freshwater” that he uses to hit on girls at college bars and rumored affairs that involved a fake Tinder account (according to and exposed by Auburn grad Ashley Spry), former University of Alabama secretary Carly Settel, a high-profile booster’s daughter and even Nick Saban’s daughter, Kristen.

Leach's history is well documented. **** the fight at the end of MSU's bowl game last year is probably enough to scare Frenk away.

If the issue is that the school sold Manny a bill of goods in terms of promising him monies to hire a staff that he didn't really get, why would his staff have issues with him?
I think he was saying that the admin/bot were willing to spend more money than before for Manny's assistant coaches. Manny/BJ sold them a bill of goods pertaining to spending the given money to surround him with high quality or experienced coaches to offset Manny's inexperience, which Manny didn't. The admin/bot is using Manny's failure to deliver on his promise to argue that even when they provide more money for quality assistants, this is what they get. So the conversation about whether or not to spend money on assistant coaches gets started again.

It’s a chicken or the egg scenario. Financial backers of Miami football have been hesitant to donate more money because of the people (BJ and BOT) leading things.

You have to acknowledge you ha e a problem first, and then consult the right people to fix the problem.

We’ve been letting the dishwasher (BJ) cook the meals in our restaurant and wondering why no one likes the food.

if you want to believe that then go right ahead. Not including Richt because he was the exception because he was on the back 9 of his career when he got here and clearly didn't have the passion for coaching long term (or the health) over the last 30 years coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC. Let me say again coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC.

Those that were fired from Miami haven't had another HC(and yes I know Coker got a job at a school that was trying to start football years after the fact). Do you understand how hard it is for a HC at a P5 school to not get a second chance on some lower lever with all the rethreads that get hired. Think about this Miami has a rep as a school that doesn't give their HC enough help from the AD and above, yet NO One wants to take one of the turds we fired and polish them off to see if they are a diamond. Willie T with the advantages FSU was supposed to have failed miserably there and got another job asap, Strong with all the resources Texas has got another job asap, Shark molester with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another job asap, Muschamp with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another SEC job after his debacle at UF. Brady Hoke with all the resources Michigan has was able to eventually get another HC job. I can go on and on but you know what schools turds don't get a second chance when they get fired?

Miami with all there bad resources and leadership no one ever wants to try and put one of these turds in a better situation and see if they actually are legit. Maybe because all these coaches are trash and never should have been HC to begin with and its why no one...no one even gives them a second sniff.

The leadership here is trash but a guy that was burned out, had health issues, and wanted to focus more on his missionary work basically had us knocking on the door of relevancy. Even with the nepotism that he had going on Miami was knocking on the door of big boy football again. So miss me with the professionals and decent coach are hanging up on Miami calls. Any coach worth a **** thats trying to move up will give Miami (the school that has been a springboard to the NFL for good coaches even without the help of the higher ups) a look if they even think they'll get some real support from the leadership group here.
**** my dude, applause.

Advertisement
If USc hits a home run and gets The Cincinnati guy it only increases our chances with Cristobal imo.

So freeze is not too damaged to be hired by liberty University?! You’re sitting here trying to tell us that this administration will not go after Hugh freeze because of his past? Liberty University a private evangelical university that was founded by Jerry Falwell Has no problem making that man the head coach of their football program but the university of Miami with everything we’ve been through and everything that goes on in the city and all the shady deals at the board has been accused of having is too good and too high and mighty to hire freeze. This is so ridiculous and ironic that I can’t even anymore
I could be wrong but wasn't Falwell and his wife in some *** ring scandal with the pool boy or some crap?!?! I am not so sure Liberty is as clean as everyone thinks it is.......

If the issue is that the school sold Manny a bill of goods in terms of promising him monies to hire a staff that he didn't really get, why would his staff have issues with him?
The opposite. Manny pushed BJ into a corner about the job. Told him he’s kicking his can down the road unless there’s a close to immediate offer. BJ being the feckless buffoon he is folded like a paper tiger relatively quickly. Yes it happened quick. But understand we’re not talking minutes here. CMR went to bat for Manny. All the moving parts involved in either decision making, rubber stamping, financing, or all three, were of the understanding of the importance of having pieces in place to help Manny along the way. CMR was very specific on that with his blessing, and that’s exactly what it was, when it came to the hire. Should have been a red flag on the immediate deficiencies.

The understanding amongst all involved was the hire was contingent upon these pieces being put in place. A part of that understanding was a very flexible budget for those around him when it came to help and assistants. Once the ink was dry, Manny took his ball, ran to BJ, and bypassed all the understandings and started rewarding his people who we all know are not worthy of competing at the level we expect.

At some point in that chain, relatively early, BJ bypassed his channels and went straight to JF. Hence you have the mess, angst, and betrayal which saturated all levels both inside and out of the organization.

And let me make this very clear. Manny marking himself as DC after the departure of BB was Manny asserting his weight with the feckless incompetents I’ve mentioned. In other words. The guy who needed his hand held is ruling the roost and the feckless wing nuts have just walked in lock step with him. You really cannot make up the dysfunction.

This is what us dumb fans have been saying for years , they’re sitting on a good mind. They can use football for their intimate agenda , rather than separating itself. Maybe they’ll figure it out this time.

Which is why it’s the most frustrating thing. Furthermore, You know who would benefit greatly, the players, the NIL deals they would see down here would be just as much up there as the small town colleges. Right now they’re on an uneven playing field but if this team was great and this town was shining with miami football they would be stars.

Advertisement
Agree. My and some other peoples hope is the response due to the time of season. I’ve said it multiple times, things change, but at the same time the response was not desirable or at least what those wanted and that hasn’t always been the case in the past. I’m not saying we’re U of Buffalo but the ease at which this should occur in terms on conversation is not there, at least not no
Agree but yes thats what I’m saying.

Hey jp2344, it's no secret that I have been a Chris Petersen fanboy for years. What are your thoughts on him, especially since he has no buyout and no team at the moment?

I could be wrong but wasn't Falwell and his wife in some *** ring scandal with the pool boy or some crap?!?! I am not so sure Liberty is as clean as everyone thinks it is.......
No one is clean. Everyone in the entire nation knows that Saban bought so many players and still nobody GAF.
Just like the only people that GAF that Hugh freeze was either buying hookers for players or slaying ho’s himself are people on the UM bot.

But the fact that this school has a serious complex problem is so immature on so many levels is quite disturbing.
They are so **** afraid of the other 2 schools and the blue bloods pointing out any impropriety by us and it’s comical.
Like I posted on other threads. This school’s entire model is healthcare based and the thing that hospitals care more about than anything is image.
The **** president is a healthcare dude and this type of thinking is indoctrinated into all healthcare administrators. Image above all. Image above employee satisfaction, image above actual healthcare, image above everything.

No one is clean. Everyone in the entire nation knows that Saban bought so many players and still nobody GAF.
Just like the only people that GAF that Hugh freeze was either buying hookers for players or slaying ho’s himself are people on the UM bot.

But the fact that this school has a serious complex problem is so immature on so many levels is quite disturbing.
They are so **** afraid of the other 2 schools and the blue bloods pointing out any impropriety by us and it’s comical.
Like I posted on other threads. This school’s entire model is healthcare based and the thing that hospitals care more about than anything is image.
The **** president is a healthcare dude and this type of thinking is indoctrinated into all healthcare administrators. Image above all. Image above employee satisfaction, image above actual healthcare, image above everything.
I am not disagreeing with you at all, just pointing out that Liberty has/had a lot of egg on their face.

Hey jp2344, it's no secret that I have been a Chris Petersen fanboy for years. What are your thoughts on him, especially since he has no buyout and no team at the moment?
Personally I would be ecstatic with the hire and so would others. Almost mid conversation I was sent this link on him. Seems like a fantastic guy and coach but just isn’t going to happen.

Advertisement
Personally I would be ecstatic with the hire and so would others. Almost mid conversation I was sent this link on him. Seems like a fantastic guy and coach but just isn’t going to happen.

Mid conversation during the aftermath of the MSU game.

We at least gotta put the phone call in. Is there any truth to the rumors that before Al Golden was hired, he considered us while he was at Boise? I always wondered...

Advertisement
@jp2344 if what you are saying is true regarding AD changes, I will hold off on a knee jerk reaction on the pool of head coaches would be.

Personally agree with @Alex Jones that if you have a strong AD and make the financial commitment that there will be quality candidates available.

First thing first…
Completely agree. The **** hire and who everyone reached out to are the coaches. Ultimately the AD will have to be in place in order to obtain the best possible chance with a premier name. Not happening now under the current circumstances. Hence all the pressure and things behind the scenes involving BJ.

@jp2344 sorry if you’ve already answered this, but what’s the hold up on firing Manny? Do the people in charge realize that things will continue to rot the longer he stays around? i.e recruiting, team morale, etc.. Firing him now would at least give the players and fans a boost I would think. Just can’t understand why he’s still around is all.

Advertisement
Back