Moves are being made

Advertisement
Absolutely they should & need to...

But given what we know about how this Board of Trustees operates do you really think they will?

I mean Miami’s problems could’ve been fixed theoretically 15 years ago, but do you know why it wasn’t? Because the money men don’t have the wherewithal nor do they even care to fix it, in their mind everything’s perfectly fine, just keep hiring the nearest former Cane or whoever has some sparse connection to the city of Miami in general & that’ll solve everything.

Whoever that dope is on the BOT that keeps on mentioning former Canes as literally the first names to be presented whenever it’s time for our annual 3/4 year coaching search is more than likely a guy who has more influence in the room than any of us care to accept. I mean, just look at how things have unfolded over the last 17 years, I’m almost certain that due to the fact the majority of those guys have no idea what’s going in athletics let alone even know what a football looks like, they probably just let the goofy Billionaire who can rattle off the most amount of former Canes in the board meeting make all the decisions anyway.

You wanna know why I’m so skeptical of it & can see what’s coming from a mile away, because take a wild ****** guess who the top names that have been trotted out there for our next AD?? That’s right you guessed it, some former Canes lol! And make no mistake about it, the same guy who always offers up these God awful suggestions for the next HC is the same guy who’s campaigning to bring in Zo & Torretta, I won’t be shocked if we start hearing Michael Irvin’s name getting thrown in there...

It will take a miracle from all the Angels in Heaven to pull this potential train wreck of a decision out from the grips of quite possibly the most inept group of stooges with money that college athletics has ever seen. They’re going to fck this thing up because that’s all they know how to do, if you asked one of those f*ck sticks how to solve the city of Miami’s future sea level problem they’d probably say, “Idk, but lets hire Bill Miller & figure something out!”.

I’m sorry I’m probably come off like super whiny *** negative mf’a since I been back lol, but I’m just done with falling for false hope, there’s a Mountain of evidence that points exactly to what’s about to happen, we just have to decide if we’re gonna keep ignoring it for the 18th year in a row...
Does someone know someone that can get this guy in a room with some of these supposed brain surgeon billionaires?

You are not coming off as whiny, you are tired of being sick and tired like most of us. This program sucks, athletics sucks and the people who run all of these schools are ruining society, never mind a football team. $70k to go to college, get fackin bent. You can only have one opinion and if not you get sent to Siberia. Yeah, that’s education. Raising, wait for the word, beta’s. Some meatball with seampybfront underwear wrote an article in an NJ paper about a Yankees pitcher getting heckled at Fenway before a playoff game. The kid was mortified at the behavior of some fan holding a Kermit the Frog hand puppet and heckling Cole. I though the article was satire, nope, the kid was just a gigantic ******. Thanks College, keep firing up safe space.

Keep getting the check, hopefully realignment goes bonkers this year and Miami and BC get sent to Bolivia. Check ***** private universities.

Now that was a whiny *** post partner!

Agree on much of what you pointed out. Disagree because Manny’s actions with his staff have revamped the complaining and moaning about adequately paying assistants. Understand, those people were sold a bill of goods were and are not happy. The strife between Manny and those with juice either financially, decision wise, or both is beyond repair. Again based on broken agreements and an arrogance that permeates the buildings. I’m of the opinion almost anyone else reputable and who knows and played the game would have brought in a better staff, that’s hard to argue. Basically the way he does and did business with his staff has made this sticking point a cause for conversation again with those who just don’t get it, but nonetheless have juice. I hope that clarifies just how he’s set us back at a time we need no more objections no matter how fruitless they may be.

Which is ridiculous because if they get it right, their return on investment is stupid amounts.

As referenced above, Ferman did drop and article regarding the "behind the scenes" conversations/actions...

He says that in addition to Rudy Fernandez and Joe Echevarria becoming more involved,
Some of the most successful business executives in South Florida have also been recruited to advise the University on the path forward. One of the most influential of this group is Jose Mas, CEO of Mastec, who also happens to be a trustee of the University. The involvement of Mas and other top level executives could signal a recognition that the U must start conducting its athletics affairs at a level never before demanded of the University.

Miami athletics budget is believed to be over $100 million right now.

Agree. My and some other peoples hope is the response due to the time of season. I’ve said it multiple times, things change, but at the same time the response was not desirable or at least what those wanted and that hasn’t always been the case in the past. I’m not saying we’re U of Buffalo but the ease at which this should occur in terms on conversation is not there, at least not now.
I will get crucified for this but if Scott Frost gets canned would they look at him?

Advertisement
Do you know if the people reaching out are making it clear that the Athletic Department is going to be completely revamped and that we are willing to pay top dollar for a coach and staff (based on your first post)?

There is a huge difference to this job given the current limitations and this job given those upgrades.

If we cannot attract even mid-level candidates with top dollar then we really are dead.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF
We may be.
I'm starting to think that the next coaches job is to get us back to a "semi-desirable program" status that will attract better coaches on the next hire in 2024.

People don't realize...but Butch wanted more $$$ for his staff in 99 & 2000 but to no avail...
This is something the experts on here ignore all the time. “We have the money for Mario”

Yeah ok. And who you gonna have with him. You get what you pay for when it comes to staff. Manny’s first year that was potentially the worst staff in college football. Overpaid enos, stumblefvck, patke, Banda, rumph. Brutally bad

As referenced above, Ferman did drop and article regarding the "behind the scenes" conversations/actions...

He says that in addition to Rudy Fernandez and Joe Echevarria becoming more involved,
Some of the most successful business executives in South Florida have also been recruited to advise the University on the path forward. One of the most influential of this group is Jose Mas, CEO of Mastec, who also happens to be a trustee of the University. The involvement of Mas and other top level executives could signal a recognition that the U must start conducting its athletics affairs at a level never before demanded of the University.

Miami athletics budget is believed to be over $100 million right now.
Thanks for the info Hoya. Always appreciated.

I counter with this. What the heck does Jose mas know about football lol

Advertisement
It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems.

Perfect.

I laugh when being accused of being "part of the problem"
My follow-up question is usually "how are you part of the solution, other than complaining on CIS?".
Not complaining, part of a group of people who are fed up and sick of the nonsense and choosing to provide correct information to the rational people who I believe make up about 50% of this board. I’m part of the solution because I’ve made it very clear to those I have associations with, and they are in the same boat, that my financial faucet has been cut off. There’s enough people like myself who not only give to athletics but also to other institutional programs. That’s both directly and through business to university funding which is not only vital to the university, but gets the attention of all when it starts to hit programs other than athletics. It’s a case where the tail wagging the dog is acceptable because it’s the only way to make things happen. Want to grab the attention of someone who the wise doesn’t care? Hit them where it hurts the most until they do care.

Thanks for the info Hoya. Always appreciated.

I counter with this. What the heck does Jose mas know about football lol
Yes great info and exactly what I’m alluding to. The pressure is beyond where it has been. The empty seats are one thing. But when you’re given an ultimatum and your primary goal is fundraising, you start to listen.

paying all on field assistants competitive rates is only a portion of what needs to be corrected as far as paying coaches goes. In order to compete for championships again we also need to pay for the dozens of off field assistants that teams like Bama and uga do now. I hope the people that want to over haul the way we are doing things, realize this as well. we could pay the on field assistants more than what Bama does and still be so far behind because those teams have 90 extra sets of eyeballs scouting for every game. And that goes for every aspect of the program.

Advertisement
Frenk won’t hire anyone remotely controversial so that probably rules out guys like Orgeron, Kiffin, Freeze, and Leach. So in other words, brace yourselves for another underwhelming hire.
I understand why Ed and Freeze are controversial but why leach and Kiffin?

Absolutely they should & need to...

But given what we know about how this Board of Trustees operates do you really think they will?

I mean Miami’s problems could’ve been fixed theoretically 15 years ago, but do you know why it wasn’t? Because the money men don’t have the wherewithal nor do they even care to fix it, in their mind everything’s perfectly fine, just keep hiring the nearest former Cane or whoever has some sparse connection to the city of Miami in general & that’ll solve everything.

Whoever that dope is on the BOT that keeps on mentioning former Canes as literally the first names to be presented whenever it’s time for our annual 3/4 year coaching search is more than likely a guy who has more influence in the room than any of us care to accept. I mean, just look at how things have unfolded over the last 17 years, I’m almost certain that due to the fact the majority of those guys have no idea what’s going in athletics let alone even know what a football looks like, they probably just let the goofy Billionaire who can rattle off the most amount of former Canes in the board meeting make all the decisions anyway.

You wanna know why I’m so skeptical of it & can see what’s coming from a mile away, because take a wild ****** guess who the top names that have been trotted out there for our next AD?? That’s right you guessed it, some former Canes lol! And make no mistake about it, the same guy who always offers up these God awful suggestions for the next HC is the same guy who’s campaigning to bring in Zo & Torretta, I won’t be shocked if we start hearing Michael Irvin’s name getting thrown in there...

It will take a miracle from all the Angels in Heaven to pull this potential train wreck of a decision out from the grips of quite possibly the most inept group of stooges with money that college athletics has ever seen. They’re going to fck this thing up because that’s all they know how to do, if you asked one of those f*ck sticks how to solve the city of Miami’s future sea level problem they’d probably say, “Idk, but lets hire Bill Miller & figure something out!”.

I’m sorry I’m probably come off like super whiny *** negative mf’a since I been back lol, but I’m just done with falling for false hope, there’s a Mountain of evidence that points exactly to what’s about to happen, we just have to decide if we’re gonna keep ignoring it for the 18th year in a row...
POTY LCE. Well said. My stats prof once told me that universities were second only to the military in bureaucracy, and I know personally trying to change entrenched, rigid and dysfunctional systems is a tall task. If I were a betting man, sadly, I’d bet the streak with UM.

Advertisement
If USc hits a home run and gets The Cincinnati guy it only increases our chances with Cristobal imo.
I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.
So freeze is not too damaged to be hired by liberty University?! You’re sitting here trying to tell us that this administration will not go after Hugh freeze because of his past? Liberty University a private evangelical university that was founded by Jerry Falwell Has no problem making that man the head coach of their football program but the university of Miami with everything we’ve been through and everything that goes on in the city and all the shady deals at the board has been accused of having is too good and too high and mighty to hire freeze. This is so ridiculous and ironic that I can’t even anymore

Just like everything else, you gotta spend money to make money. Invest in this program and they will see the huge return. Pay the right guys the right money and lets get this program where it is supposed to be.

Do the top brass guys have the faith or knowledge to get this done? I doubt it, but there are people out there that can help direct us, so pay them too!!

So tired of this mediocre BS year after year, and now we are not even that. We have fallen to the bottom of a **** confrence and watching the likes of Virginia and UNC celebrate after kicking our teeth in.

Advertisement
Back