Moves are being made

No we wouldn’t be light years ahead with Chud and no it won't be good. Who's next.
A clear take from the periphery. What’s going on now with Manny goes beyond a lack of discipline for the players and the garbage you see on the field. It goes beyond being in over his head or being threatened by putting competent staff and assistants around him.

The big issue right now is not money for a HC, it’s money for his staff. Internally, those who know the game and a successful program, set demands on staff relative to what they had to offer. As we’ve seen Manny stuck with his boys for the most part and they are grossly overpaid as many have not been qualified for the positions they are in. You can take that first portion of this paragraph as another promise broken when Manny signed.

Right now that is one of the major issues being kicked around as a concern, aka, willingness to provide the budget to the next coach. It’s not about the pay for the next HC, it’s about the commitment to financing the staff. So yes, Manny has set us back from where someone who’s not threatened by people who know football being around the HC. If you know anything about what’s been the gripe around this joint for decades you know the last thing we need is reluctance to finance staff which leads to big candidates moving on. You’re wrong.

Advertisement
A clear take from the periphery. What’s going on now with Manny goes beyond a lack of discipline for the players and the garbage you see on the field. It goes beyond being in over his head or being threatened by putting competent staff and assistants around him.

The big issue right now is not money for a HC, it’s money for his staff. Internally, those who know the game and a successful program, set demands on staff relative to what they had to offer. As we’ve seen Manny stuck with his boys for the most part and they are grossly overpaid as many have not been qualified for the positions they are in. You can take that first portion of this paragraph as another promise broken when Manny signed.

Right now that is one of the major issues being kicked around as a concern, aka, willingness to provide the budget to the next coach. It’s not about the pay for the next HC, it’s about the commitment to financing the staff. So yes, Manny has set us back from where someone who’s not threatened by people who know football being around the HC. If you know anything about what’s been the gripe around this joint for decades you know the last thing we need is reluctance to finance staff which leads to big candidates moving on. You’re wrong.
One thing I definitely disagree with you on.

This is a quick turnaround because the talent is definitely enough to win the Coastal, even with attrition. It's a trash division.

Also why is Manny being kept around and not put out of his misery?

The Fermanator apparently dropped an article on CS this morning talking about the university realizing it needs to put its big boy pants on and commit to spending the necessary dough to attract talent at the coaching level but also within the athletic admin. Now I think many people take his info with a grain of salt due to the Gruden fiasco years ago but are you hearing anything similar?

People don't realize...but Butch wanted more $$$ for his staff in 99 & 2000 but to no avail...

That seems to be thought process, unfortunately I have no timeframe. That’s the concern with those I associate with is the progression of when this happens. Unfortunately with a couple they seem to think it’s Manny first and then BJ which is a problem. They’ve made it a point they’re concerned about Strawley at any time having any real input, even if it’s short term. The structure of athletic admin will no doubt have a weight in who will have interest. Let’s face it, anyone with what it takes to run this program will not be willing to work in the current environment or with uncertainty.
Thank you for sharing your info with us!

Also, thank you from clarifying the concerns that some have with Manny being fired before Blake, and with the concerns that these same people have with Strawley having any kind of input in things going forward, even if in the interim or short term.

Many here have tried to paint Strawley as a powerless liaison, so I’m glad that you’re bringing clarity to this situation.

Advertisement
If you knew the temperature of responses coming from those we have interest in you’d understand why. Can you not see things clearly? CMR fell to us out of chance. Take a look at what we have now and what we had going back to AG as a short term reference and the staffs those guys have and had. He’s not my guy. As a matter of fact he’s below my preferred few. But when your preferred few respond with “eh” along with a host of others, you take the best guy you can get.

Wake up and realize, regardless of what you hear, what this job is at this point right now. All I hear is “well this guy or that guy would be so fulfilled to turn things around”. Yes that’s true to an extent. But these guys see what’s on the field along with what the athletic department has been. A LB corp that shouldn’t be in a lower level group of 5 team. An OL, and I know people don’t want to hear this, that with few exceptions has zero dog and we’re HUGE misses as far as scouting went. And a DL with a piece or two but completely underwhelming.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OR TWO YEAR FIX! I can tell you one of these hot coaching commodities, at least at this point, has been interested in the least. I’d be hesitant as it stands now to trust any that did in fear it’d be another sale job by an underwhelming AG. The feeling is things will change, I’ve said that. But at this moment it’s slim. If it comes down to Chud or some unknown who’s even less qualified than Manny you take your pick, that’s the context I put that in. Don’t like it, don’t like it. I’m telling you that not one of the names mentioned repeatedly on this board as a candidate has been beyond the “eh” response recently.

And last but not least. Anyone who thinks anyone with any decision making ability cares about this board as a whole needs to seek help fast. Especially caring enough to place a mole in order to drop nuggets on the masses. My information is concrete and I stand by it. My opinion is my opinion. Don’t like it, kick rocks on here and micro manage every single word. We’d be light years ahead of where we are now if we had Chud as opposed to Manny and it wouldn’t be nearly the **** show it is now. At the same time I have other preferences moving forward in the search as that’s possible to have.
Again, and as stated multiple times by multiple people on here, of course you are going to get a "meh" from anyone that the BOT reaches out to for a new HC until we fix the problem at the top, and that is the AD. Fix that problem first, and the HC problem begins to fix itself. It really isn't rocket science.

So far this has been the only move been made: to the banned list.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 6.22.09 AM.png

The Fermanator apparently dropped an article on CS this morning talking about the university realizing it needs to put its big boy pants on and commit to spending the necessary dough to attract talent at the coaching level but also within the athletic admin. Now I think many people take his info with a grain of salt due to the Gruden fiasco years ago but are you hearing anything similar?
Yes. The spend and do it right tenor has after all these years gained more traction than in times past. My point in my post was that the voices of a lack of priority for the program, aka being economical, are still there and Manny has not helped the cause with his choices and their salaries whether they are on par with other programs or not. I can tell you the willingness to spend on staff was there more than ever with this regime and Manny **** the bed and in turn ****ed off those who thought his employment was contingent on a willingness to have experienced staff around him, not his boys or specifically discarding more well equipped candidates who were willing to come here. And yes that did occur on at least two instances. ****ed a lot of football and non football people off.

Advertisement
That seems to be thought process, unfortunately I have no timeframe. That’s the concern with those I associate with is the progression of when this happens. Unfortunately with a couple they seem to think it’s Manny first and then BJ which is a problem. They’ve made it a point they’re concerned about Strawley at any time having any real input, even if it’s short term. The structure of athletic admin will no doubt have a weight in who will have interest. Let’s face it, anyone with what it takes to run this program will not be willing to work in the current environment or with uncertainty.
Does Blake have dirt on the BoT members, because it sounds as though they’re scared to fire him because of repercussions?

At any other program, they would have canned him a long time ago. But it seems that from what you’re saying, they’re walking on egg shells where Blake is concerned. Him being stubborn should have zero to do with him being fired. It almost sounds as if he is the one wielding the power.

With all due respect to the guy(s) with inside info, I simply don’t believe there isn’t interest nationally. Maybe that’s what their selling but it’s disingenuous at best IMO. Sounds like what someone would say when they want to justify their choice. Lazy. Cheap. Typical.

A. Manny is still employed
B. BJ snd his minions are still in place
C. We aren’t half thru the CFB season

How in the world would any legit CFB coach replacements be identified at this point. To get concerned that responses at this point are “meh” should 100% be expected.

Hence why USC and LSU are getting ahead of things. It’s clear they are programs that know how to navigate these waters and Miami doesn’t

Yes. The spend and do it right tenor has after all these years gained more traction than in times past. My point in my post was that the voices of a lack of priority for the program, aka being economical, are still there and Manny has not helped the cause with his choices and their salaries whether they are on par with other programs or not. I can tell you the willingness to spend on staff was there more than ever with this regime and Manny **** the bed and in turn ****ed off those who thought his employment was contingent on a willingness to have experienced staff around him, not his boys or specifically discarding more well equipped candidates who were willing to come here. And yes that did occur on at least two instances. ****ed a lot of football and non football people off.
Sounds like incompetence and stubbornness from the top down. Hopefully everything comes together this time around.

With all due respect to the guy(s) with inside info, I simply don’t believe there isn’t interest nationally. Maybe that’s what their selling but it’s disingenuous at best IMO. Sounds like what someone would say when they want to justify their choice. Lazy. Cheap. Typical.
Agree. My and some other peoples hope is the response due to the time of season. I’ve said it multiple times, things change, but at the same time the response was not desirable or at least what those wanted and that hasn’t always been the case in the past. I’m not saying we’re U of Buffalo but the ease at which this should occur in terms on conversation is not there, at least not now.

Advertisement

I agree with you 100% so i am a bit confused as to what i am wrong about. The only thing that i have said is that CHUD will NOT equal championships. Thats all that matters. Division, conference and national championships. Chud is not doing that. Chud is not even going to get Richt results. He has never done it as a college HC and does not know how to do it and the circumstances surrounding the program you beautifully laid out in terms if commitment ensures he will not do it. He is NOT a good HC and has at no time demonstrated as much nor has any other program or entity shown any significant belief in him to be.

You know when we will have someone light years better than Manny? When the coaches who currently have too much respect for themselves to work for such an operation become interested BECAUSE the level of commitment has changed..

Last edited:
Exactly. It’s called politics and creating narratives. Its” nobody wants the job” , not incompetence by the administration.

Advertisement

Difficult to pay for a staff when you’re giving $4 million to Temple. Unfortunately, your points are very valid. In addition, the $ that’s lacking in recruiting isn’t competitive to most programs, I would imagine. That topic is often ignored because we are located in the Mecca of High School football and are a drive away from some of the most talented players.

One thing I definitely disagree with you on.

This is a quick turnaround because the talent is definitely enough to win the Coastal, even with attrition. It's a trash division.

Also why is Manny being kept around and not put out of his misery?
I agree with you 100% so i am a bit confused as to what i am wrong about. The only thing that i have said is that CHUD will NOT equal championships. Thats all that matters. Division, conference and national championships. Chud is not doing that. Chud is not even going to get Richt results. He has never done it, does not know how to do it and the circumstances surrounding the program you beautifully laid out in terms if commitment ensures be will not do it.

You know when we will have someone light years better than Manny? When the coaches who currently have too much respect for themselves to work for such an operation become interested BECAUSE the level of commitment has changed..
Agree on much of what you pointed out. Disagree because Manny’s actions with his staff have revamped the complaining and moaning about adequately paying assistants. Understand, those people were sold a bill of goods were and are not happy. The strife between Manny and those with juice either financially, decision wise, or both is beyond repair. Again based on broken agreements and an arrogance that permeates the buildings. I’m of the opinion almost anyone else reputable and who knows and played the game would have brought in a better staff, that’s hard to argue. Basically the way he does and did business with his staff has made this sticking point a cause for conversation again with those who just don’t get it, but nonetheless have juice. I hope that clarifies just how he’s set us back at a time we need no more objections no matter how fruitless they may be.

Here's the part that I can't see from the cheap seats. When FSU couldn't hire a coach to replace Taggart, we all knew it was because of the dysfunctional athletic department and booster organizations. I know we're perceived as crappy, but how crappy compared to them? That determines a lot.

I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.
It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems.

Perfect. I agree.

I laugh when I get accused of being "part of the problem"
My follow-up question to them is usually "how are you part of the solution, other than complaining on CIS?".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back