Moves are being made

Notice how the narrative quickly changed from:

“We’d be making a massive mistake if we did not lock him down. He checks every single box whether it be the “Miami guy” need or most importantly in my mind a track record of success who hasn’t burned any legitimate bridges by his doing along the way. Being in his early 50’s he’s the perfect combination of success and experience combined with the wiggle room of having another 10 or so years left to be at the top of his game."

To:

"He’s not my guy but he is a guy that as usual, in this unofficial period, is getting kicked around and yes he’s been reached out to."
Think you are definitely onto something. 46 posts and this guy shows up out of nowhere. Like I said nice work Colombo.

Advertisement
Exactly. You know how we instantly dispel the supposed committment stigma that any potential new head coach candidate might perceive about the school and football? You lay out to them in the interview or even in sending out feelers the amount of money we're willing to spend. This will either change their mind immediately or solidify their preconceived notion. There won't be a whole lot of gray area here or guessing about what our level of commitment is or will be.

It took me two days to pick up my jaw from the floor regarding anybody actually seriously considering Chud. Or anybody here actually believing that he will be a viable candidate.

Too many knowledgeable contributors for anything that dumb to happen. I don’t ever want to see another reach like what was done with current regime.

Exactly. You know how we instantly dispel the supposed committment stigma that any potential new head coach candidate might perceive about the school and football? You lay out to them in the interview or even in sending out feelers the amount of money we're willing to spend. This will either change their mind immediately or solidify their preconceived notion. There won't be a whole lot of gray area here or guessing about what our level of commitment is or will be.
Actions count too.

Blake must be out of the selection process and a new AD in charge. This new AD needs to be highly-respected in the field. This begins to demonstrate The U is serious about rebuilding the program.

I was gone all day & just caught up on the last couple pages of this thread & good God I can’t believe it, just when I didn’t think things could get worse...

For the record, I love Coach Chuzinkski, he’s the best OC we’ve had since Bob Bratkowski & Rich Olson, but with that said hiring Chud would be the exact worst option possible, but the most Miami thing ever...

This is exactly what i been talking in these threads over the last few days with this obsession of only hiring former Canes & the delusion of trying to recreate the past, it’s at the direct core of what has plagued this program for two decades.

Hopefully it’s just speculation & rumor, but holy Fck the people in charge of this God forsaken University have got to be the dumbest rich people I’ve ever seen, it takes a considerable amount of effort to be this **** inept.

If we hire Chud, I will be in literal physical pain... This is just God damned abuse now, this ain’t even funny no more smh.
I don’t buy it that he’s high up on whatever board there is. They need to hire a real AD with juice. That AD can get a real coach on his reputation and relationships.

Advertisement
Could it be that Rob Chudzinski is the next AD? He has a Master's degree, so I think he checks that box unlike Highsmith. Perhaps Alonzo as an actual Chief of Staff? Then prioritize Mario as HC? Thats a lot of football brains right there. I know it seems too Miami alum heavy but if no one else wants the jobs... those guys ARE actually qualified.

Advertisement
Mandy and Flake are teflon

Crazy how they are still employed
I tell you, they have something on some BOT members.

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

Advertisement
You guys and your fuqqin obsession with a football AD…lmao. Just hire a god **** competent and competitive AD and watch them work. You don’t hire another person to just oversee football, that is an asinine suggestion.
You guys and your ******* obsession with NOT hiring an AD specific to football and reporting directly to the BOT is laughable.

Pro teams are set up this way, Bama is effectively set up this way, and Indiana basketball has just moved to this model but you'd rather drive your Model T Ford b/c everyone else is doing it.

Advertisement
True. The other thing is a firing, followed by playing the season out with an interim coach, at least satiates the fanbase and makes it look like you care. Letters aren’t worth the paper they are printed on unless they are backed up by actions.
Id be fine with Manny for the rest of the year if they tell us he's done. Does no harm.

I don’t buy it that he’s high up on whatever board there is. They need to hire a real AD with juice. That AD can get a real coach on his reputation and relationships.
Absolutely they should & need to...

But given what we know about how this Board of Trustees operates do you really think they will?

I mean Miami’s problems could’ve been fixed theoretically 15 years ago, but do you know why it wasn’t? Because the money men don’t have the wherewithal nor do they even care to fix it, in their mind everything’s perfectly fine, just keep hiring the nearest former Cane or whoever has some sparse connection to the city of Miami in general & that’ll solve everything.

Whoever that dope is on the BOT that keeps on mentioning former Canes as literally the first names to be presented whenever it’s time for our annual 3/4 year coaching search is more than likely a guy who has more influence in the room than any of us care to accept. I mean, just look at how things have unfolded over the last 17 years, I’m almost certain that due to the fact the majority of those guys have no idea what’s going in athletics let alone even know what a football looks like, they probably just let the goofy Billionaire who can rattle off the most amount of former Canes in the board meeting make all the decisions anyway.

You wanna know why I’m so skeptical of it & can see what’s coming from a mile away, because take a wild ****** guess who the top names that have been trotted out there for our next AD?? That’s right you guessed it, some former Canes lol! And make no mistake about it, the same guy who always offers up these God awful suggestions for the next HC is the same guy who’s campaigning to bring in Zo & Torretta, I won’t be shocked if we start hearing Michael Irvin’s name getting thrown in there...

It will take a miracle from all the Angels in Heaven to pull this potential train wreck of a decision out from the grips of quite possibly the most inept group of stooges with money that college athletics has ever seen. They’re going to fck this thing up because that’s all they know how to do, if you asked one of those f*ck sticks how to solve the city of Miami’s future sea level problem they’d probably say, “Idk, but lets hire Bill Miller & figure something out!”.

I’m sorry I’m probably come off like super whiny *** negative mf’a since I been back lol, but I’m just done with falling for false hope, there’s a Mountain of evidence that points exactly to what’s about to happen, we just have to decide if we’re gonna keep ignoring it for the 18th year in a row...

Advertisement
Back