Moves are being made

This is what I’ve been saying and linking it to Mario because you take this and add that he’s a native son, alumni, football alumni, that also won championships and played under two of our Mount Rushmore coaches. It would be poetic at the very least.

But it also applies to anyone else that does it. None of our coaches that won championships are from here. Football is a passion and emotion sport as much as it is physical. Probably more even. There has to be a competent coach out there, hopefully Mario, that would say “f#ck it” and want to accept that challenge to bring the program back. I know I would if I was a coach. But I’m not.
The money will be there for the coach that wants it. He has to make it a point to have the support of the school and layout a plan for what he needs.
I’d be shocked if this isn’t part of the interview process.

Anyone that has ever played a sport or competed knows that is the sweetest feeling. Take something that’s in the dumps and be the guy to bring it back to prominence.
Give Theo and Tito a buzz…

Advertisement
I don't know what you guys are really expecting. You already know the shortlist for LSU and USC are going to look a lot more similar to each other than they do to ours, and that won't be because miami can't pay the same, it will be by design. The same apathetic design that we've become far too familiar with as canes fans for the past 2 decades.
Miami’s list

Mario Cristobal
Rob Chudzinski
Greg Shiano
Butch Davis
Kenard Lang
Joel Rodriguez
Kenny Holmes

I like that Stoops has done well in the SEC with a perennial underdog team at a basketball school. I haven't paid very close attention, but his overall record is good, compared to what Kentucky was doing before. He also has coached at Miami. I don't know if he'd even be interested. He's making good money, and for coaching in the SEC, he doesn't have a ton of pressure, since it's Kentucky.

I think the dude legitimately got this info from someone involved but like @RightSaidFred alluded to this is a ballon being floated by the admin/BOT which OP may or may not be a willing active participant in.
This exactly, dude comes out of the wood work with “first hand knowledge” and throws a specific name out to the board that he doesn’t even participate in...

I don’t think we have a fake insider here.... but I do believe these new insider posts are being done with intent.

The thing that counts in favor of Mario coming here has always been the limited effectiveness of Oregon's program in the face of any revival of Trojan Football. It is only a matter of time until the Board of Trustees at that university decide to get SC's act together and begin to bring that school's program back to national prominence.

Yes, Mario has full support out there and Phil Knight has money that our board simply won't spend on the Ducks' team and program, but once Southern Cal gets going again, it won't matter what Oregon has. Savages want to play in L.A., not Eugene.

Advertisement
This is one of the most depressing threads in CIS history. The incompetence of the leadership of this university is mind blowing. What really cooks my grits is the apparent lack of will to want to win by some. That real in your gut and balls will to win. It’s just not there for sports. But what this administration may be miscalculating this time is how truly fed up even the diehards of the diehards are that continue to show up, pay for season tickets and donate. This could hit them harder than they’ve ever been hit if they half *** this eminent change.

Chud, like Alex Jones said, is just the name that always gets thrown around.

I think we all overreacted a bit to the initial news. Let it play out. In the end, it will not be Chud.
Overreact as much as possible. Scream your overreactions from the rooftop. Make it known, through every possible medium, that Chud and his ilk are unacceptable.

Advertisement
This exactly, dude comes out of the wood work with “first hand knowledge” and throws a specific name out to the board that he doesn’t even participate in...

I don’t think we have a fake insider here.... but I do believe these new insider posts are being done with intent.
I won’t bash and I am appreciative of the info shared.

In many instances, when info is shared, you process it and in the end, I always come back to one question? Whom does the leak benefit & why?

In this instance, since the info seems to be similar to what Alex Jones is hearing, I will give it the benefit of the doubt as someone whom is fed up with what is happening like the rest of us until proven otherwise. I don’t see how his info benefits Blake or Manny.

It could perhaps benefit the board & admin in terms of tempering expectations. “We are going to try for Mario but if we fail, we want you to know that we really, really, Weelly, welly tried and he turned us down so we had no choice but to go with X.”

The last part is the one that has to play out & the one that could be the scary part.

Lmao. His name has been around for the longest time. We’re such a **** show that our coaching search rumors can’t even have anyone exciting on the list. We can’t even enjoy a coaching search cause names like Chud, Trestman are always bandied about.
The inevitable "Hire Butch as CEO" rumors are sure to get started....

The guys with the big checks are contacting Chud? Honestly? That's the best we can do? He hasn't been a Head Coach anywhere in almost 10 years. Who would he fill out his staff with? Does he even have guys who would come with him?

I mean, if you hire someone like Lane, he's bringing Lebby. He's bringing Chris Partridge. He's bringing DJ Durkin. The Head Coach is NOT the end all issue. Who is he surrounding himself with? Does Chud even have a network of people he could bring here with him? Again, I don't even think he coached anywhere in the late 2010's and then the last 2 years has been in an admin role in Chestnut Hill. He's poaching BC coaches? NFL guys he coached with are leaving the league to be position coaches here? This is embarrassing.
I was gone all day & just caught up on the last couple pages of this thread & good God I can’t believe it, just when I didn’t think things could get worse...

For the record, I love Coach Chuzinkski, he’s the best OC we’ve had since Bob Bratkowski & Rich Olson, but with that said hiring Chud would be the exact worst option possible, but the most Miami thing ever...

This is exactly what i been talking in these threads over the last few days with this obsession of only hiring former Canes & the delusion of trying to recreate the past, it’s at the direct core of what has plagued this program for two decades.

Hopefully it’s just speculation & rumor, but holy Fck the people in charge of this God forsaken University have got to be the dumbest rich people I’ve ever seen, it takes a considerable amount of effort to be this **** inept.

If we hire Chud, I will be in literal physical pain... This is just God damned abuse now, this ain’t even funny no more smh.

Overreact as much as possible. Scream your overreactions from the rooftop. Make it known, through every possible medium, that Chud and his ilk are unacceptable.
Ok, yea, you are right!!! LOL

Fvk no to Chud

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was gone all day & just caught up on the last couple pages of this thread & good God I can’t believe it, just when I didn’t think things could get worse...

For the record, I love Coach Chuzinkski, he’s the best OC we’ve had since Bob Bratkowski & Rich Olson, but with that said hiring Chud would be the exact worst option possible, but the most Miami thing ever...

This is exactly what i been talking in these threads over the last few days with this obsession of only hiring former Canes & the delusion of trying to recreate the past, it’s at the direct core of what has plagued this program for two decades.

Hopefully it’s just speculation & rumor, but holy Fck the people in charge of this God forsaken University have got to be the dumbest rich people I’ve ever seen, it takes a considerable amount of effort to be this **** inept.

If we hire Chud, I will be in literal physical pain... This is just God damned abuse now, this ain’t even funny no more smh.
Feel the same way. I’m a huge fan of Chud. **** even in his short stint in the NFL he overachieved for a god awful organization

But there’s no way that can be our choice. It can’t be possible

Advertisement
Back