Moves are being made

Your take. I can 100% confirm that Mammy gave him an ultimatum from what should have been a position of limited to zero power and BJ fell for it hook, line, and sinker. All with a push from a coach who brought you back some instant credibility, fans in the seats, money from both his and other pockets, and a sense of a little stability

Fair enough, agree to disagree a bit but I understand the lazy take on it as well. I see it as crumbling under pressure and being cornered by someone who should have no business cornering him. And yes it crushed the program.
You’re also leaving out how Daddy stepped in to go after his son..

Advertisement
Chud
With the University of Miami football you can be sure of three things….death , taxes and Chudzinski will be on the possible candidates list. If that guy wasn’t affiliated with Miami these twits wouldn’t even know who he is , just like the rest of cfb. At least Mario has created a resume and reputation.
Chud would be amazing in operations not as Head Coach

Chud

Chud would be amazing in operations not as Head Coach

Yes. Chud or Highsmith. Highsmith has all the hype on the site, but Chud sounds like a competent administrator. No issue with that. But as HC? Like I said, if he's really the main HC option, then UM should just give Butch Davis another whirl. At least the fans could revel in nostalgia during the offseasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s so Miami. Not just the school, the city as a whole. Don’t fix the problems by pulling together and making a good choice; try to get you and your people ahead, results be damned.
It’s always been that way. Going back to the 40’s when my family first got there. Everything is bull**** politicians, graft, cronyism and essentially a 2nd rate Mickey Mouse Republic dressed up with lipstick.

@423Hurricane

This program is tethering on the brink of extinction and these idiots float the idea of bringing in Chud, who hasn't coached at all in 4 years and is alleged to not like recruiting to revive the program? Even if we agree Chud is a good coach he's not going to excite any top talent to come here for a good 2-3 seasons and most importantly the majority of our young talent will hit the portal. He better be an unheard of program and talent developer because he's going to have to pull off a miracle with inferior talent. This suggestion is infuriating. Of all the coaches who have been discussed on our board there isn't one that I like less than Chud for the current situation we are in.

if you want to believe that then go right ahead. Not including Richt because he was the exception because he was on the back 9 of his career when he got here and clearly didn't have the passion for coaching long term (or the health) over the last 30 years coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC. Let me say again coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC.

Those that were fired from Miami haven't had another HC(and yes I know Coker got a job at a school that was trying to start football years after the fact). Do you understand how hard it is for a HC at a P5 school to not get a second chance on some lower lever with all the rethreads that get hired. Think about this Miami has a rep as a school that doesn't give their HC enough help from the AD and above, yet NO One wants to take one of the turds we fired and polish them off to see if they are a diamond. Willie T with the advantages FSU was supposed to have failed miserably there and got another job asap, Strong with all the resources Texas has got another job asap, Shark molester with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another job asap, Muschamp with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another SEC job after his debacle at UF. Brady Hoke with all the resources Michigan has was able to eventually get another HC job. I can go on and on but you know what schools turds don't get a second chance when they get fired?

Miami with all there bad resources and leadership no one ever wants to try and put one of these turds in a better situation and see if they actually are legit. Maybe because all these coaches are trash and never should have been HC to begin with and its why no one...no one even gives them a second sniff.

The leadership here is trash but a guy that was burned out, had health issues, and wanted to focus more on his missionary work basically had us knocking on the door of relevancy. Even with the nepotism that he had going on Miami was knocking on the door of big boy football again. So miss me with the professionals and decent coach are hanging up on Miami calls. Any coach worth a **** thats trying to move up will give Miami (the school that has been a springboard to the NFL for good coaches even without the help of the higher ups) a look if they even think they'll get some real support from the leadership group here.
All excellent points but I don't know about big boy football. I know I know ND and VT. Malik Rosier though? That pitt game will forever haunt me.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Chud would be a solid hire. If we can’t rope Cristobal, I’d rather go with Chud over any G5 coach or P5 coordinator.
Chud would be a disaster. He has no head coaching experience (why do we do this?) and is a poor recruiter. What top tier college assistants would be willing to work for that? The answer is none. We’ll be cancelling the football team 3 years after his hire.

Advertisement

Chud would be a disaster. He has no head coaching experience (why do we do this?) and is a poor recruiter. What top tier college assistants would be willing to work for that? The answer is none. We’ll be cancelling the football team 3 years after his hire.
Agreed. It's such a stupid idea that it's probably exactly what this school will do. Par for the course. I don't know why I even bother to get my hopes up anymore with the coaching searches. They just keep finding new ways completely ***** it up.

There are other coaches that have no ties to UM from the past…. They are probably pretty good too

Advertisement
This program is tethering on the brink of extinction and these idiots float the idea of bringing in Chud, who hasn't coached at all in 4 years and is alleged to not like recruiting to revive the program? Even if we agree Chud is a good coach he's not going to excite any top talent to come here for a good 2-3 seasons and most importantly the majority of our young talent will hit the portal. He better be an unheard of program and talent developer because he's going to have to pull off a miracle with inferior talent. This suggestion is infuriating. Of all the coaches who have been discussed on our board there isn't one that I like less than Chud for the current situation we are in.
Because these old heads think that a 17-18 year old knows who Chud is. HS prospects have no idea who he is. Hiring Chud would be a complete disaster and probably be the final nail in the coffin.

Understand where you are coming from on the interest but I understand that has changed. The gist I got was at that time being more pro game minded. To my understanding that has changed based on experience. We will see.
jp

Chud was out of football from 2015-17 and has been nothing more than a consultant to the HC at BC since 1/20. That is a huge gap in being a HC or even an OC. I don't see how anybody can consider him a good candidate for the job.

Plus, he hasn't recruited in forever either. Probably doesn't like recruiting.

Last edited:
Sorry but it was lazy. And the laziness started way before Richt retired. There was pressure to crumble under because Blake was unprepared. That lack of preparation was by definition laziness.
He was too busy collecting quarters and dollars in his little red kettle at the Publix to do a search ….

Advertisement
Back