Moves are being made

Advertisement
CMR is loyal to a fault, we all know that just from the outside. ****, it’s what makes him so endearing to the people he has contact with. I’m no way do I think he gave the push while forsaking the program. I do think it was a naive push that ended up biting us really hard though. Endless loyalty is what gets people canned and causes problems.

Id like to think that Richt endorsed Diaz only after Diaz accepted the Temple job as Richt thought he could give him a nice letter of reference without actually wanting him to be UMs HC.

Richt: "Yes, Manny Diaz. Great guy. Temple got a good coach. Would have been great if he succeeded me, but hey, that ship has sailed. That's just how it goes in college football. "

James: "Well good news! We are going to pay his buyout at Temple and bring him back!"

Richt: "F#ck! Oh, I mean that's f#ckin great. Yeah who needs a coaching search anyways, right?“

Your take. I can 100% confirm that Mammy gave him an ultimatum from what should have been a position of limited to zero power and BJ fell for it hook, line, and sinker. All with a push from a coach who brought you back some instant credibility, fans in the seats, money from both his and other pockets, and a sense of a little stability

Fair enough, agree to disagree a bit but I understand the lazy take on it as well. I see it as crumbling under pressure and being cornered by someone who should have no business cornering him. And yes it crushed the program.
Sorry but it was lazy. And the laziness started way before Richt retired. There was pressure to crumble under because Blake was unprepared. That lack of preparation was by definition laziness.

Just because someone is given a chance to leave gracefully doesn't mean they can take as long as they want to do so. Once it's reached the point where they've been made aware to look elsewhere, the expiration date starts to count down.
Completely agree. He’ll have to move quick because there won’t be much wiggle room given once Manny is canned.

Advertisement
If a guy that hasn't been a HC in over a decade and his best attribute for the job is that he has ties to Miami from before the first Iphone was created is a serious candidate then this coup needs should not happen because nothing is being change from leadership perspective. Also as bad as the UM image maybe it's not bad enough that Chud is the only guy taking our calls. Schools with rape, child molestation, NCAA sanctions etc were all able to get better candidates for their jobs than a guy whose working off the field at a 3rd tier P5 football school.
Maybe your statement says more about the professions view of Miami than you want to admit.

CMR is loyal to a fault, we all know that just from the outside. ****, it’s what makes him so endearing to the people he has contact with. I’m no way do I think he gave the push while forsaking the program. I do think it was a naive push that ended up biting us really hard though. Endless loyalty is what gets people canned and causes problems.
Always remember that CMR did not have the leash he should have had to choose his staff within reasonable financial consideration. I will never believe that he would have chosen Manny Diaz as DC if he had alternatives where he could choose in a higher financial and experience bracket. Manny just was really never that good and retreaded at MSU because of, again, financial considerations. He was at best a safe bet to just have a defense on the field.

Those in our fanbase that were all rah rah about this guy because of his defensive accomplishments with arguably the best talent pool to choose from were either not Miami fans during the prior coaching staff or just forgot what that guy's DC did to our attacking style defense the kids grew up in. Nothing Manny did was ground breaking, we were just starving and he tossed out a saltine and it seemed like filet and lobster tail.

UM

Again the understanding is there is an understanding he is actively looking at another gig, unknown whether it’s an AD gig or what but that’s the way it will go.
Who would want this incompetent bum? Don't misunderstand my man. I appreciate you and the information and I definitely believe you. I'm just frustrated as an alum and fan and I want this nightmare over ASAP.

Advertisement
Well that makes me feel….about 1000x worse. If everything you posted is true, and they really do realize what a mess it is and how crucial this hire is, and that leads them to make Chud the leader in the clubhouse- then we are beyond the point of no return.

We lose prestige every year. The kids playing now don’t remember us being good. Each bad hire sets us back further and pushes us farther down in the pecking order. A Chud hire is a total joke. He has never done it. We cannot afford another coach getting OJT here.

I really hope that either you are misinformed (not likely given what you wrote) or that it is early and the direction changes. A Chud hire would be tantamount to accepting that we are a mid-tier ACC team in perpetuity.
Kids we are recruiting now WEREN'T ALIVE WHEN WE WERE GOOD.

Richt was loyal to manny and other coaches in his career. Did he always pick the right coaches? Quick. Someone tell me a successful head coach from his tree?

Advertisement
Richt was loyal to manny and other coaches in his career. Did he always pick the right coaches? Quick. Someone tell me a successful head coach from his tree?

Supposedly he wanted Dave Aranda but he opted to stay with LSU (highly doubt UM would have paid him 2.5 mil to be DC anyways) . If championship rings were given out for missed opportunities, we'd fill the IPF to the roof.

Supposedly he wanted Dave Aranda but he opted to stay with LSU (highly doubt UM would have paid him 2.5 mil to be DC anyways) . If championship rings were given out for missed opportunities, we'd fill the IPF to the roof.
Would’ve been a great hire. But at the end of the day richt doesn’t have a track record or quality assistants furthering their career working for him. So why did we put so much stock in his word about manure? Was it cause we were thankful he gifted us the avoidance of his buyout? Either way the people who made it let this happen are idiots

Advertisement
Maybe your statement says more about the professions view of Miami than you want to admit.
if you want to believe that then go right ahead. Not including Richt because he was the exception because he was on the back 9 of his career when he got here and clearly didn't have the passion for coaching long term (or the health) over the last 30 years coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC. Let me say again coaches that weren't fired from Miami became NFL HC.

Those that were fired from Miami haven't had another HC(and yes I know Coker got a job at a school that was trying to start football years after the fact). Do you understand how hard it is for a HC at a P5 school to not get a second chance on some lower lever with all the rethreads that get hired. Think about this Miami has a rep as a school that doesn't give their HC enough help from the AD and above, yet NO One wants to take one of the turds we fired and polish them off to see if they are a diamond. Willie T with the advantages FSU was supposed to have failed miserably there and got another job asap, Strong with all the resources Texas has got another job asap, Shark molester with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another job asap, Muschamp with all the resources UF is supposed to have got another SEC job after his debacle at UF. Brady Hoke with all the resources Michigan has was able to eventually get another HC job. I can go on and on but you know what schools turds don't get a second chance when they get fired?

Miami with all there bad resources and leadership no one ever wants to try and put one of these turds in a better situation and see if they actually are legit. Maybe because all these coaches are trash and never should have been HC to begin with and its why no one...no one even gives them a second sniff.

The leadership here is trash but a guy that was burned out, had health issues, and wanted to focus more on his missionary work basically had us knocking on the door of relevancy. Even with the nepotism that he had going on Miami was knocking on the door of big boy football again. So miss me with the professionals and decent coach are hanging up on Miami calls. Any coach worth a **** thats trying to move up will give Miami (the school that has been a springboard to the NFL for good coaches even without the help of the higher ups) a look if they even think they'll get some real support from the leadership group here.

But he is associated and has 20+ years of experience to boot. Whether you like him or not that is a name that continually pops up in all the conversations, not just here, but with those who are either in the program or are close to it. To somehow think that a guy who played here, coached here, and has coached elsewhere including the nfl and with a clean past wouldn’t be at or near the top of the list is quite foolish in and of itself. I’m going to let it play out in hopes that a right decision is made finally after 20+ years of bad ones.
jp2344 ... Thanks for the input and feedback!

Maybe I missed it but what is the rationale of keeping Diaz as coach?

Why can't we get rid of him now and name an interim coach and at least salvage a handful of games?

jp2344 ... Thanks for the input and feedback!

Maybe I missed it but what is the rationale of keeping Diaz as coach?

Why can't we get rid of him now and name an interim coach and at least salvage a handful of games?

I'm sure it has something to do with money and/or Manny not agreeing to reduce his buyout at all. Having Manny gone would certainly allow me to be excited about UM football again this fall. Right now I just go into every game expecting to find something new to shake my head at.

Advertisement
Back