Moves are being made

there not though. One is saying leadership doesnt care and if they start to care coaches will be interested. the other is saying leadership doesn't care and a coup of people who do care is trying to take charge and they want the guy who was only a HC for one season in the NFL almost a decade ago at one of the worst run franchises in history because he used to play at Miami. Like its a good thing smh.
Chud is not the first choice of everyone I speak to although many think highly of him. Their analysis of the situation is based on the “eh” response of the informal reaching out to others. And the coup is not specific to Chud or anyone else, it’s in reference to the anticipated mass of changes in the athletic admin.

Advertisement
What’s crazy is you’d think they‘d be making a plan. But instead people in control are all about pushing their guy for the job . Instead of being on the same page and doing what’s best for the program they’re politicking . Right down to the AD , he’s politicking his *** off to save his job.

I mean just look at this thread.

Until these people figure out they don’t know what they’re doing it’ll likely end bad. Hopefully Mario makes the decision easy for them.

What's striking to me is that most of these folks are or have been successful business people (maybe not?). Anyone who has had that success knows going at this without a plan is absolutely the wrong way to go about it. I've maintained that the school can be attractive to virtually ANY coach in America provided they show long range vision for the school, AD and football program and show how the program fits into that strategy. And then, show you have the money to invest in that plan. It's not hard to do.

Chud is not the first choice of everyone I speak to although many think highly of him. Their analysis of the situation is based on the “eh” response of the informal reaching out to others. And the coup is not specific to Chud or anyone else, it’s in reference to the anticipated mass of changes in the athletic admin.
What credible or competent HC would be interested in this position without knowing who the AD (leadership/supervisor) is? Sounds like we are testing waters while skipping steps. What credible AD would come here if they aren’t bringing in their HC? Seems like a mess which makes sense with this University.

Advertisement
Dude I’ve been a fan since the 80’s and I’m in the same boat. I waste too much money and time dealing with this and all I get is frustrated. Why be a fan when the people in control don’t want the program to be great? Because they’re intimidated by being known for football. It’s sad.
I went to my first game in the late 70s, been a fan ever since. I've finally had enough, I've been holding on for years, hoping the university would show the same care and passion about the program that I and others like me on this board had/have. I realize now that they don't, so I'm done caring. I'll still watch, but I'm done paying money to go watch this team play or get upset if they lose.

This has me more hopeful. Sounds like a big time power struggle going on at this point. Hopefully the good guys win out and we set ourselves back on the track of major success.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Chud would be a solid hire. If we can’t rope Cristobal, I’d rather go with Chud over any G5 coach or P5 coordinator.
Some people who I respect think highly of him. It’s an interesting choice. Hopefully, it doesn’t come down to this, though. I pray Mario is sold.

Advertisement
Serious question, what is this opinion based on?
He’s well regarded in coaching circles at the college and professional level. Yes he got canned in Cleveland, but he only got one year and that job has been a revolving door. He knows how to win at the college level and has a solid Rolodex of contacts. Not my first choice by a mile but not bad overall.

Richt 100 % pushed for Manny.

Your info definitely passes the smell test , not that you should care. I know Chud is always brought up by some Bot every time there’s an opening. The only area we disagree is why this job is viewed the way it is. I live in Sec country and have had some decent conversations with D 1 coaches. This job is viewed exactly the way I said by outsiders. Coaches won’t come until they see an effort to build an infrastructure , spend money and show a willingness to winning. The idiots running this show has caused this. Miami is always one good coach away from doing big things. The question is will we ever find anyome with the sense to find that coach?
Why do people push for Chud? He was fired after one season in his only Head coaching gig. If they want to push for a former Cane from the glory days then Chuck Pagano seems like the obvious choice but some have said his retirement is permanent.

Advertisement
Richt 100 % pushed for Manny.

Your info definitely passes the smell test , not that you should care. I know Chud is always brought up by some Bot every time there’s an opening. The only area we disagree is why this job is viewed the way it is. I live in Sec country and have had some decent conversations with D 1 coaches. This job is viewed exactly the way I said by outsiders. Coaches won’t come until they see an effort to build an infrastructure , spend money and show a willingness to winning. The idiots running this show has caused this. Miami is always one good coach away from doing big things. The question is will we ever find anyome with the sense to find that coach?
The CMR push for Manny cannot be understated. Not only with those who actually make decisions but justifications for those who were on the fence. Again, that’s a failure all the way up the chain and the issue was pressed due to him going to temple which should not have been a driver.

Why do people push for Chud? He was fired after one season in his only Head coaching gig. If they want to push for a former Cane from the glory days then Chuck Pagano seems like the obvious choice but some have said his retirement is permanent.
He only had one year there, and nobody was going to turn that around in one year. I think it’s fair to hit him for that if he’d been there for three seasons and then got canned.

Overall, he’s well respected at the college and NFL level. Has a lot of contacts he can draw from and knows what it takes to succeed at this level.

Advertisement
This has me more hopeful. Sounds like a big time power struggle going on at this point. Hopefully the good guys win out and we set ourselves back on the track of major success.
My concern here is that every 3 years we hear about this power struggle and every 3 years the wrong decision(s) are made. I have zero confidence that they are going to get this right.... or remotely close to right. I'm not even sure there is a "right" anymore. All I care about right now is hearing Blake James is packing his sh*t.

There’s people around the program and higher that always bring his name up. That’s why he’s always on the possible hires list. He’s a cane , with connections. That’s it.

The CMR push for Manny cannot be understated. Not only with those who actually make decisions but justifications for those who were on the fence. Again, that’s a failure all the way up the chain and the issue was pressed due to him going to temple which should not have been a driver.
You’re preaching to choir brother. I posted when it happened Manny played Blake like a fiddle. “ If I get on the plane I’m gone”. Well bye mfer!!

Advertisement
Back