Moves are being made

Advertisement
He will be an option especially if MC is a no go. As I said that will be a monumental pull if they land him and that’s the stark realization. I’ll say too this is not a “bunch of old ***** at the Riv who are providing this. There will be an attempted coup of massive proportions if this wheel doesn’t keep spinning in the same direction, it’s that flammable. Again, I will reiterate, I am not mentioning his name because he’s my guy. Instead I’m passing along the information and according to those involved there’s more traction there than there has been prior to the other awful hires we’ve made.
Respectfully, if we were to sack Blake James, wouldn't it be possible to have the new AD pick his own coach as opposed to settling for Chud?

Seems like you guys are saying the same thing. I guess we'll see how the rest of 2021 plays out to see if the University truly is committed to winning or if our glory days are really in the past.
there not though. One is saying leadership doesnt care and if they start to care coaches will be interested. the other is saying leadership doesn't care and a coup of people who do care is trying to take charge and they want the guy who was only a HC for one season in the NFL almost a decade ago at one of the worst run franchises in history because he used to play at Miami. Like its a good thing smh.

Would not call 20 years of NFL experience “unproven” but it sounds not many “proven” guys are beating the door down for this job.
Misspoke. 13 years NFL. Over 20 coaching college + NFL

Advertisement
there not though. One is saying leadership doesnt care and if they start to care coaches will be interested. the other is saying leadership doesn't care and a coup of people who do care is trying to take charge and they want the guy who was only a HC for one season in the NFL almost a decade ago at one of the worst run franchises in history because he used to play at Miami. Like its a good thing smh.
ugh. reading comprehension not my strong suit today.

What’s crazy is you’d think they‘d be making a plan. But instead people in control are all about pushing their guy for the job . Instead of being on the same page and doing what’s best for the program they’re politicking . Right down to the AD , he’s politicking his *** off to save his job.

I mean just look at this thread.

Until these people figure out they don’t know what they’re doing it’ll likely end bad. Hopefully Mario makes the decision easy for them.

What’s crazy is you’d think they‘d be making a plan. But instead people in control are all about pushing their guy for the job . Instead of being on the same page and doing what’s best for the program they’re politicking . Right down to the AD , he’s politicking his *** off to save his job.

Until these people figure out they don’t know what they’re doing it’ll likely end bad. Hopefully Mario makes the decision easy for them.
It’s so Miami. Not just the school, the city as a whole. Don’t fix the problems by pulling together and making a good choice; try to get you and your people ahead, results be damned.

Advertisement

I've never been this close to throwing my hands up in the air and giving up. Utterly terrifying. Hopefully somebody has enough self awareness to turn this around.

WTF

What can BJ point to in his defence? Sports across the board is an embarrassment.

1. Manny wasn’t a lazy hire. yeah okay 👎

2. You want UM to hire Rob Chudzinski as HC. The guy was fired after one season (4-12), last place in the division and one of the worst teams in the NFL although they has 5 pro bowlers on the roster. His team ended that season on a 7 game losing streak, and averaged less than 20 points a game. He also hired the son of Jerry Sandusky after Sandusky was found guilty and committed to prison for the rest of his life. Talk about “can’t read the room”. But hey, Chud is a “Miami guy”. How about hiring the BEST GUY.

3. Too many initials in your novel. You can write our whole story but don’t have time to write out full names?

4. We only listen to Cribby. He has credibility here.
Choose not to listen that’s all good. My opinion is Manny wasn’t a lazy hire, he was a hire filled with unfulfilled promises as far as the structure of the program. And if you think CMR wasn’t blowing sunshine about Manny not only to BJ but to everyone with influence you’re severely misinformed. The culprit of the hire was BJ and his incompetence. No not everyone was on board but the wagon was filled enough to justify the hire in his eyes. If anyone was lazy it was those who took the word of BJ and just blessed his thoughts with zero oversight and constructive criticism.

I’m not for Chud, I’m for hiring the best guy that will make this program what it should be so we can agree on that point. But using anything involving the Browns prior to the last year or two is a pretty rough reference point. Enjoy your vantage point, everyone is entitled to it. Again, my view comes firsthand often times or at least passed on by reputable people who are right more times than they are wrong.

Anyone who says any group of 5 or other scolding hot next great coaching candidate is dying to take this job is wrong, I 100% can confirm that with the way the program sits at this moment. What does that leave you with?

I've never been this close to throwing my hands up in the air and giving up. Utterly terrifying. Hopefully somebody has enough self awareness to turn this around.
Dude I’ve been a fan since the 80’s and I’m in the same boat. I waste too much money and time dealing with this and all I get is frustrated. Why be a fan when the people in control don’t want the program to be great? Because they’re intimidated by being known for football. It’s sad.

Advertisement
Choose not to listen that’s all good. My opinion is Manny wasn’t a lazy hire, he was a hire filled with unfulfilled promises as far as the structure of the program. And if you think CMR wasn’t blowing sunshine about Manny not only to BJ but to everyone with influence you’re severely misinformed. The culprit of the hire was BJ and his incompetence. No not everyone was on board but the wagon was filled enough to justify the hire in his eyes. If anyone was lazy it was those who took the word of BJ and just blessed his thoughts with zero oversight and constructive criticism.

I’m not for Chud, I’m for hiring the best guy that will make this program what it should be so we can agree on that point. But using anything involving the Browns prior to the last year or two is a pretty rough reference point. Enjoy your vantage point, everyone is entitled to it. Again, my view comes firsthand often times or at least passed on by reputable people who are right more times than they are wrong.

Anyone who says any group of 5 or other scolding hot next great coaching candidate is dying to take this job is wrong, I 100% can confirm that with the way the program sits at this moment. What does that leave you with?
Then why not sack Blake James and show coaching prospects that you are serious. He's had 8 years. Again, I don't understand.

Advertisement
And for god’s sakes man, being a Miami guy or having Miami ties DOESN’T MEAN ****, AND I COULD GIVE TWO ***** ABOUT THAT. Who have been our best coaches, honestly? They’ve been outsiders. Schnelly, Jimmy, Erickson…came in with a set of fresh eyes and won big because of it. Personally, gimme a southern savage coach with absolutely zero Miami ties, watch them completely change this “me first, all flash and no substance” culture we have, and we’ll be back consistently as a top 15 program in the span of a year or two. Sometimes as fans man, wow, we really overcomplicate things. Hire all former players to run the whole football program?? Lmao stop with these dumbass suggestions, for real. It really does make our fan base look dumb as fuqq.

He is quite literally the definition of an unproven HC. One year of HC experience total between college and NFL. He was fired from that job less than 12 months after being hired.
Cleveland is where football careers seem to die. Belichek couldn’t win there either. Would not look at 1 year at Cleveland as indicative of anyone’s career failures.

I am going to that game just to witness the bloodbath
ridley scott gladiator GIF

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Advertisement
Back