Moves are being made

Was gonna say I wonder if they can pull year over year numbers and correlate it to 2017. I'm sure there was some kind of uptick but they'll say it was from their extended effort of the IPF fundraising, etc

Heard someone talking about how a family member did a work study or GA in admissions in 2016 and 2017 and was adamant that after the ND game the number of applications they received went up significantly. Don't know if they care enough or pay enough attention to that correlation.
They did. I had two kids enrolled then. Applications went up so much they over-enrolled. Had to house more kids than normal across the street in the Holiday Inn. also started offering Fall semester abroad to incoming freshmen to alleviate the housing issue.

Advertisement
Was gonna say I wonder if they can pull year over year numbers and correlate it to 2017. I'm sure there was some kind of uptick but they'll say it was from their extended effort of the IPF fundraising, etc

Heard someone talking about how a family member did a work study or GA in admissions in 2016 and 2017 and was adamant that after the ND game the number of applications they received went up significantly. Don't know if they care enough or pay enough attention to that correlation.
Its true, how ironic ?

I don't know about the ND game specifically but there's a lot of data nationwide correlating positive athletic performance (mostly the football team) with increased applications.

Then you get more kids with higher GPA's/test scores and the schools ranking goes up.

Advertisement
This is who I picture every time i think of Strawley
angry girl GIF by South Park

View attachment 157715
She has beautiful eyes. I would - to save the program!

I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Advertisement
So let me break this down.
Big Changes coming: Ok, and they are ....
I dont have any names: How convenient, but more to the point, names in relation to what ?
They are being kept secret: If they are being kept secret, how would you know there are any names to begin with ?

My cousin Jose, who works at the auto shop that his barber goes to, who get his lunch at Jersy Mikes, which just happened to have the janitor from the Hecht Center came in for lunch and said........
Read between the lines. Giving the exact details of what is happening behind the scenes is not the way things are done for a lot of reasons.

I have absolutely zero sources inside Miami, but I do have a few in the college football coaching circles. And there are some good coaches reaching out about the job.
This is interesting on so many levels, not the least of the behind the scenes actions & communications which wouldn’t be happening if it already wasn’t know that the job will become available at some point in the near future.

Advertisement
With early signing day, firing a coach at the very end of the season is crazy and a disaster for recruiting
Eh, not really. The NCAA grants waivers to kids when there is a coaching change. If a guy who signs early wants out after Manny is fired, chances are, the NCAA will grant him a waiver to do so anyway.

Imma be honest;

This is part of the problem. Blake James is a grown a$$ man who made grown @&& decisions! If he’s the AD, let him be the AD, MEANING, let him be culpable for the grown *** decisions he’s made, IN ATHLETICS. Stop micromanaging this chit. If he’s not “allowed” to talk football, then obviously u have zero confidence in his leadership abilities. If u have no confidence in that, then why is he still collecting a 7 figure check from this institution?!

Like stop baby sitting this dweeb! Get him the fck outta here! He’s not an AD, and he’s being treated as such; being told to be frustrated, not allowed to talk football or be involved in future hiring processes. No competent school would keep a guy who’s incompetent at their job, just b/c he fund raises. He fund raises while losing funds.

I digress.

1634143426890.gif

Advertisement
As long as the conversations are not going through Blake….any chance Alonzo is fielding the calls??

I don't know about the ND game specifically but there's a lot of data nationwide correlating positive athletic performance (mostly the football team) with increased applications.

Then you get more kids with higher GPA's/test scores and the schools ranking goes up.
Absolutely. I was in school in '01. If I recall correctly, admissions went up 30% the following year.

Eh, not really. The NCAA grants waivers to kids when there is a coaching change. If a guy who signs early wants out after Manny is fired, chances are, the NCAA will grant him a waiver to do so anyway.

This. Plus, you NEVER not fire a coach that deserves to be gone because you’re worried about preserving some commitments.

Advertisement
Back