Moves are being made

Would be interesting to see Baga's out of state applicant pool post Sabag. I'm sure they didn't start attracting actual scholars but I also know a few mongoloids from the northeast that applied there based on the football program alone that couldn't have located Tuscaloosy on a map prior.

Miami being an occasionally respectable academic institution is a different story. We did/would draw actual good students when our national profile is heightened due to sports.
Actually stumbled upon this the other day reading a Saban book (Monte Burke). Alabama’s freshmen class around 2014/15 had increased to 40% out of state which is insane for a large state school. National Merit scholars went through the roof. Admission rate went down to 65% since they were getting so many applicants which allowed them to be slightly more selective. They also gave Saban credit for setting up academic recruiters in larger southern city’s wealthier suburbs (Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville, Houston etc.)

Edit: 2019 Fall semester out of state freshman enrollees at Alabama was 56.5%. That’s more than us and we’ve always been good in that category.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Through the roof, especially women, according to my cousin who has been a fundraiser there for 20 years. I remember that campus in the 90s. The development/transformation in less than 20 is hard to believe. Saban has made that school hundreds of millions of dollars.
Just like Butch did Miami then the BOT had the nerve to lowball him on his contract and then got mad when he bounced. Them and many troglodytes among the so called fanbase.

“The athletic department is broke.”

“Blake James is a fundraising savant.”

Both can’t be true, you are correct.

I think I've figured it out. Blake James is converting all the funds he raises into DogeCoin, so whether UM is broke or rich depends on the hour. Some days the athletic department is flush with cash, other days it has a deficit of -3,432,436,730 dollars.

Advertisement
As long as the conversations are not going through Blake….any chance Alonzo is fielding the calls??
Sliding Roberto Clemente GIF

Advertisement
A group of former players working with some BOT. They’ve raised money and have a list of replacements for HC and AD.

It’s no surprise that the biggest stakeholders in Miami football (particularly financially) are grabbing the bull by the horns and forcing change.

Applying it to the business world, they are shareholders about to force the president out and replace them with a handpicked version.

Money talks. Media talks. Glad the spotlight and attention on Miami sports is finally escalated to crisis mode

Based on what I’ve heard this week about Dolphins and Brian Flores, I’ve got more trust the Canes turn things around than Fins

I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.
Do you have more information your sitting on until Sunday? JW and TY

Advertisement
James has some big money behind him who thinks he is an amazing fundraiser. I personally don’t see it - I think he is a wet blanket. More importantly, I think Athletics would sell itself if we were successful. At the end of day, it is a situation of “tomayto v. tomahto”. I believe the smartest thing the people who want change can do is to bifurcate football from the other sports. Sadly, this would cause more suffering for the other sports, one in particular, but it’s the best way to accomplish the end goal.
If he's such an amazing fundraiser make him Director of Development/Athletics and let him run with it.

I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.

curiosity-curious.gif

Advertisement

Great to hear, HOWEVER I just read that Dan Morgan is pushing for Jordan Orlovsky to be the next HC.

The former players also picked Larry Coker and Randy Shannon. I am a little terrified that they are picking the coach again. Can we kill two birds with one stone and just hire an AD with a track record of picking good coaches? (like Tom Jurich)

Great to hear, HOWEVER I just read that Dan Morgan is pushing for Jordan Orlovsky to be the next HC.

The former players also picked Larry Coker and Randy Shannon. I am a little terrified that they are picking the coach again.
No No No Bangladeshi GIF by GifGari

Would be interesting to see Baga's out of state applicant pool post Sabag. I'm sure they didn't start attracting actual scholars but I also know a few mongoloids from the northeast that applied there based on the football program alone that couldn't have located Tuscaloosy on a map prior.

Miami being an occasionally respectable academic institution is a different story. We did/would draw actual good students when our national profile is heightened due to sports.

they talk about it quite a lot during broadcasts. Applications went up a ton after they started winning. But, they'll come back to reality once he leaves and after 1-2 corching hires. Look at LSU.

Advertisement
Back