Moves are being made

Problem with what I said?

D$ echoed the samething in this thread... my info comes from someone we tailgate with whose a GoldenCane and is more fed up than we are. Especially when your giving big $$$ to the school every year and seeing 0 results

If it were up to me Diaz would have been fired last week. Hes done and he knows it... Blake is done as well.
Thanks for the info man!

Holding out hope

Advertisement
I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.
Imagine being the coach that brings back the U?

I agree it’s not for everyone for sure but I gotta believe it’s still a very attractive proposal

I’ve never understood the “Blake James is the Jordan Belfort of fundraising” mantra. Is he? I’ve had season tickets over a decade and hardly ever get a phone call regarding fundraising for athletics. My wife went to UC-Davis and the effort they put into fundraising for athletics, engaging with alumni/fans is at least 25x the effort of UM. And when they call they know who you are and are genuinely excited for all of the projects for which they are fundraising. When I get a call from UM it’s a typical spoiled UM brat that’s above making phone calls.

The department has to be gutted at this point. Everyone. Must. Go. Starting with Blake James.
The people who support Blake say he’s a good fundraiser, the ones who aren’t fans say that’s total bs lol.

Advertisement
I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.

Thanks for sharing, whether or not this comes to fruition. It jives with what a number of people are hearing/saying. I am not certain that only big name means they've learned their lesson. It is about finding the right name. Mark Richt was a, "big name," but at the wrong point in his career, and when he wanted to bend the rules to hire his son and call his own plays, none of the right questions were asked, at all. I would say any coach who is worried about the fanbase, needs to reexamine their career, not just this job.

The people who support Blake say he’s a good fundraiser, the ones who aren’t fans say that’s total bs lol.
I think I know where you stand on this, but is there anything to back up his supposed success? That's something that should be somewhat quantifiable. Or is this all in reference to the Richt hire, IPF, and 2017 magic? We were all throwing money at the back then.

Speaking of Blake James rumors...

Was anyone at the Virginia game? Did they cut off alcohol sales at the beginning of the third quarter? Did they give a reason?

Advertisement
I think I know where you stand on this, but is there anything to back up his supposed success? That's something that should be somewhat quantifiable. Or is this all in reference to the Richt hire, IPF, and 2017 magic? We were all throwing money at the back then.
People I trust say he’s the ****s even at fundraising. Maybe he’s just so awful at being an Ad it makes his fundraising look ok.

No **** if results continue to stay the same Manny will be fired. What's the administration going to do, back a 2-10 coach??? Trust me, they'd love to but their hand will be forced.

What I'd like to know is if all this is being done behind Bake Sale Blake's back... WTF is the point in keeping him?

Speaking of Blake James rumors...

Was anyone at the Virginia game? Did they cut off alcohol sales at the beginning of the third quarter? Did they give a reason?
100 and 300 levels stop selling at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. 200 level and suites and all that serve an hour after the game ends.

People I trust say he’s the ****s even at fundraising. Maybe he’s just so awful at being an Ad it makes his fundraising look ok.
Yep.. They don't know what good fundraising actually looks like because football has been **** for so long. If they would win a couple years in a row and show promise I think they'd be surprised at what it could be.

Advertisement

Please keep vilma away from the search. Didn't he lobby hard for either Manny or Alf, IIRC?

As for Blake and fundraising, from what I understand, fundraising at a major school is NOT that difficult (especially if your football program is really good)..

Yep.. They don't know what good fundraising actually looks like because football has been **** for so long. If they would win a couple years in a row and show promise I think they'd be surprised at what it could be.
That’s how scary their ineptness is , you got a small dose in 2017 what we can be. Everyone wants Miami back, I just wonder if the administration is the one group who doesn’t.

Ok I'll bite

Any word on Mario?

Advertisement
Also I don't buy the "Miami fans are terrible"

Any storied program with our history/success + descent into Bolivia would be similar.

Guess the only extra spice is the Miami sub-culture/intensity of the city and its people that adds an extra layer.

Thanks for sharing, whether or not this comes to fruition. It jives with what a number of people are hearing/saying. I am not certain that only big name means they've learned their lesson. It is about finding the right name. Mark Richt was a, "big name," but at the wrong point in his career, and when he wanted to bend the rules to hire his son and call his own plays, none of the right questions were asked, at all. I would say any coach who is worried about the fanbase, needs to reexamine their career, not just this job.
As if the Miami fanbase is bad. Eddie O. is a season and a half removed from his national championship and Tiger fans want his head. You think SEC fanbase tolerates bad football? Tennessee goes through coaches every 3 years. Same at South Carolina. Look at Ole Miss or Arkansas.

Advertisement
Back