Off-Topic Mountain Biking

Advertisement
Update: got some imaging done on the elbow and the ribs. No fractures. So basically I'm just a *****

So to reclaim my manhood I will be back on the bike tonight. Hoping to keep the rubber side down this time.

I just realized the opportunity you teed up for me on this (see my caption thingie under my name), and I completely whiffed. Not sure if it was intentional on your part but well played if so

Update: got some imaging done on the elbow and the ribs. No fractures. So basically I'm just a *****

So to reclaim my manhood I will be back on the bike tonight. Hoping to keep the rubber side down this time.
bruised ribs suck. don't feel a whole lot different than cracked ribs.

I just realized the opportunity you teed up for me on this (see my caption thingie under my name), and I completely whiffed. Not sure if it was intentional on your part but well played if so
lol completely unintentional but that is awesome

Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Pre-ordered a 2022 YT Capra 29er today. At this point I figure it’s no big deal to wait until March…
Was tempted to go with the mullet version but decided against it as I don’t ride bike parks all that often and it seems to be more geared to younger dudes who are hucking their bikes off every sweet jump, bro

At the store I work at, we have been getting constant deliveries from Specialized, Santa Cruz, Pívot, Cannondale and BMC. Waiting for allocation on the new Scott Spark. You should talk to your dealer since bikes are slowly making their way into the shops

Still riding my 06’ specialized rock hopper. Was thinking of up grading many years ago, but then kids came and now it has turned into a neighborhood cruiser with the kids. Just get it tuned up every year and replace what’s needed. No need to drop a couple grand on a bike I would never get to use to it’s potential, and Father Time is kind of starting to rule it out as well.

Pre-ordered a 2022 YT Capra 29er today. At this point I figure it’s no big deal to wait until March…
Was tempted to go with the mullet version but decided against it as I don’t ride bike parks all that often and it seems to be more geared to younger dudes who are hucking their bikes off every sweet jump, bro

Nice. Which one?

Advertisement
At the store I work at, we have been getting constant deliveries from Specialized, Santa Cruz, Pívot, Cannondale and BMC. Waiting for allocation on the new Scott Spark. You should talk to your dealer since bikes are slowly making their way into the shops
Not knowing the bike dealer business model - are you receiving standard dealer stock allocations or are these custom orders for customers? You guys carry a lot of high end stuff obviously

Regardless - it’s great to see that the manufacturers are starting to make some headway. From what little I had heard through the grapevine the holdups weren’t necessarily frame related but mostly components. No idea if that is actually accurate though.

if i just wanted to start biking more and was looking for something that can kind of do it all what would you suggest?

Advertisement
if i just wanted to start biking more and was looking for something that can kind of do it all what would you suggest?
A MTB is versatile, for example Specialized Rockhopper, you can take it anywhere, I would go to your local dealer and get some advice. Don’t buy it without testing your options first.

Still riding my 06’ specialized rock hopper. Was thinking of up grading many years ago, but then kids came and now it has turned into a neighborhood cruiser with the kids. Just get it tuned up every year and replace what’s needed. No need to drop a couple grand on a bike I would never get to use to it’s potential, and Father Time is kind of starting to rule it out as well.
i got a 2019 rock hopper and i love it...if i can't get out on a trail i do the same thing and ride the neighborhood, just try to incorporate as many hills as i can.

Advertisement
Back