Off-Topic Mountain Biking

Advertisement
Not a mountain bike rider, but if you broke ribs, there is not a whole lot you can do for them. Prepare to be in pain for a few weeks. Get well soon!
Yeah that was my understanding. I may go to the ortho urgent care today just to know for sure if they're bruised or if I have any fractures. It's painful to breathe.

Advertisement
HUGE Mountain Bike rider for many yrs...
Nice. What are you riding? I'm on a Specialized Stumpjumper that I'm trying to retire as my skills seem to have grown beyond it's capability. I know that's ironic considering what I posted in the OP, LOL.

Unfortunately it's impossible to get a bike right now. Had a Specialized SJ Evo on order but after 120 days they still couldn't tell me if / when it would actually come in.

Nice. What are you riding? I'm on a Specialized Stumpjumper that I'm trying to retire as my skills seem to have grown beyond it's capability. I know that's ironic considering what I posted in the OP, LOL.

Unfortunately it's impossible to get a bike right now. Had a Specialized SJ Evo on order but after 120 days they still couldn't tell me if / when it would actually come in.
I have a 26 Nishiki...

Advertisement
I rode for a while on and off before covid closed the parks.... I would hit Markham, Oleta and Amelia... I had a 2016 Scott Spark 27.5... After Covid hit I ended up converting my bike into a overly capable beach cruiser ... Just made it easier to ride on the road... For the most part now I either ride to Dania Beach or down to South Beach... They finished building the bike/walk path behind the hotels by Foutainbleau so the path now runs from the North end of Bal Harbour ( Harbour House/Ritz Carlton) all the way down to South Point Pier.... At no point do you have to be on the street with cars the whole way down...

Like mentioned in the thread I'd like to get a better MTB but getting bikes right now is almost impossible. Was looking at just buying parts and building it myself but lots of stuff is still on backorder....
Anyway hope you get better soon... Taking falls sucks but it happens... I've wiped out plenty... lol

I rode for a while on and off before covid closed the parks.... I would hit Markham, Oleta and Amelia... I had a 2016 Scott Spark 27.5... After Covid hit I ended up converting my bike into a overly capable beach cruiser ... Just made it easier to ride on the road... For the most part now I either ride to Dania Beach or down to South Beach... They finished building the bike/walk path behind the hotels by Foutainbleau so the path now runs from the North end of Bal Harbour ( Harbour House/Ritz Carlton) all the way down to South Point Pier.... At no point do you have to be on the street with cars the whole way down...

Like mentioned in the thread I'd like to get a better MTB but getting bikes right now is almost impossible. Was looking at just buying parts and building it myself but lots of stuff is still on backorder....
Anyway hope you get better soon... Taking falls sucks but it happens... I've wiped out plenty... lol
Thanks man, I'm just glad I didn't test my helmet on this giant rock. Helmets are great but I imagine the rock would have claimed a decisive victory and I'd be concussed.

Scott Spark's a nice ride. Pretty cool that you switched it up to ride around town.

I'm looking to up my aggression, with new bike geo being so long and slack and considering the aggressive way I ride, it's probably best for me to upgrade. I'm looking in the vein of a Santa Cruz Megatower / Specialized Enduro / Pivot Firebird / Yeti SB150 (160+ travel generally) but I ran into dead ends with every dealer I called or emailed.

Advertisement
Thanks man, I'm just glad I didn't test my helmet on this giant rock. Helmets are great but I imagine the rock would have claimed a decisive victory and I'd be concussed.

Scott Spark's a nice ride. Pretty cool that you switched it up to ride around town.

I'm looking to up my aggression, with new bike geo being so long and slack and considering the aggressive way I ride, it's probably best for me to upgrade. I'm looking in the vein of a Santa Cruz Megatower / Specialized Enduro / Pivot Firebird / Yeti SB150 (160+ travel generally) but I ran into dead ends with every dealer I called or emailed.
Theres a fb group for South Florida mtb sales...these come up pretty regularly.

Where in FL are you??.. For the bikes you're looking at I'm assuming you hit Alifia or Santos ... I mean Markham is good but it really doesn't require a heavy duty Enduro bike... But I mean if that's what you want by all means get it... I myself want to build up a Knolly.. But as I said it's kinda overkill for riding down south...

Advertisement

Marin Rift Zone and also have a Trek X-Caliber 9.

F'ing IMPOSSIBLE to get a bike these days in the $1k-$3k range. Just tops and bottoms.

Getting back into BMX. Got a vintage 1984 Haro Sport in excellent shape and preordered a Haro Lineage Master due to ship in December. Flatland and some skate park sessions.

Where in FL are you??.. For the bikes you're looking at I'm assuming you hit Alifia or Santos ... I mean Markham is good but it really doesn't require a heavy duty Enduro bike... But I mean if that's what you want by all means get it... I myself want to build up a Knolly.. But as I said it's kinda overkill for riding down south...
I’m actually in Pennsylvania, brother. Terrain can be pretty intense up here. My local tracks are really rocky.

Advertisement
Back