Moten

Advertisement
Advertisement
BEAVERTON, Ore. --- Rumors circulated early this week that defensive tackle Anthony Moten (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) had decommitted from Florida.

People should be realizing about now that there is a different philosophy at STA. I'm not condemning the coaches or saying they are doing anything wrong by any stretch, just saying things are a bit different.

Can you give a summary for those without insider?

He's looking at other schools. Impressed by the Miami coaches, "told them if anything ever happened that Miami would be there." Is also looking at FSU and MSU. Still considers himself very solid to UF. Thinks him and Clark can do well together up there.

Advertisement
- he is solid to UF
-talks to Miami coaches all the time
- still talking to Miami and FSU
-looking at Michigan State because of Madre
- 85 percent commited
- going to UF for Friday night lights

another article on Cook
-Cook says Moten was scared because UF was looking at JUCO's

If he does go to FNL's or keeps on looking after FNL's we will just see how long he is in the class. UF is going to take a JUCO DT or DE if Moten likes it or not. They are not going to worry about his feelings

Here you go guys

BEAVERTON, Ore. --- Rumors circulated early this week that defensive tackle Anthony Moten (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) had decommitted from Florida.

The 6-foot-4, 292-pound ESPN 300 member denied those claims Tuesday but admitted there is still interest in other schools.

"It's very solid," he said. "I talked to Khairi [Clark]. I said I feel like we are going to go up there and do our thing. Me and Khairi are going to go up there and be beasts. That's how I feel."

The Opening on ESPNU
All the top prospects are at The Opening and ESPNU is the place to see the action. Roster | Elite 11

TV Schedule
Wednesday, July 3: 9 p.m. ET, ESPNU

Recently, Moten took a visit to Miami and said he came away impressed with the Canes coaching staff.

"It went pretty good," Moten said. "I talked to all the coaches and stuff, and I told them if anything ever happened that Miami would be there."

In addition to Miami, Moten is also considering Florida State and Michigan State.

"I'm still looking at FSU for sure, and I see a lot of people are committed to MSU, so I'll start looking at them a lot," Moten said. "My sister goes to FAMU, so I have family up there, and I looked at their depth chart and they are kind of low on the D-line. I feel like I could go up there and play."

Moten's teammate, running back Madre London, has high interest in the Spartans and has put the idea of playing in East Lansing together in Moten's head.

"My boy Madre London really likes Michigan State," he said. "If I go up there with him, he feels like we would change things around, and I like that."

Moten will make a return trip to Florida later this month.

"I'm about 85 percent with my commitment," he said, "and I'll be at Florida July 26 for Friday Night Lights."

- he is solid to UF
- 85 percent commited

another article on Cook

If he does go to FNL's or keeps on looking after FNL's we will just see how long he is in the class. UF is going to take a JUCO DT or DE if Moten likes it or not. They are not going to worry about his feelings

Yep

- he is solid to UF
- 85 percent commited

another article on Cook

I would be concerned about his attitude if he was a Cane commit and UiF should be as well. He has been a drama queen for some time now and the JUCO thing doesn't surprise me one bit. Honestly I could care less if we got him at this point. I know that will sound like sour grapes but oh well.

Advertisement
- he is solid to UF
- 85 percent commited

another article on Cook

I would be concerned about his attitude if he was a Cane commit and UiF should be as well. He has been a drama queen for some time now and the JUCO thing doesn't surprise me one bit. Honestly I could care less if we got him at this point. I know that will sound like sour grapes but oh well.
I dont really care if he stick with UF. I dont think he is a drama queen I just think a lot of people are in his ear and he also made a decision too soon. Now if he doesn't want to compete then UF is not the place for him. UF took 4 high school Dt's last year all better than him so he is going to have to wait to play anyways. A DT thinking he is going to step in and play significant minutes as a freshmen is in for a rude awakening. That being said he did look better than expected at the opening and will be a nice pick up for UF or Miami if he flips.

- he is solid to UF
- 85 percent commited

another article on Cook

I dont really care if he stick with UF. I dont think he is a drama queen I just think a lot of people are in his ear and he also made a decision too soon. Now if he doesn't want to compete then UF is not the place for him. UF took 4 high school Dt's last year all better than him so he is going to have to wait to play anyways. A DT thinking he is going to step in and play significant minutes as a freshmen is in for a rude awakening. That being said he did look better than expected at the opening and will be a nice pick up for UF or Miami if he flips.

I shrugged my shoulders about him when he started tweeting back and forth with Jelanie Hamilton. He does have a ton of upside though, no doubt.

Advertisement
If they took 4 Dt's better than him last year, I doubt they would be looking for more than one JUCO. I doubt very much they were better, maybe one or two, but certainly not all 4. They should all be playing quite a bit this year if you're right. I'd imagine your upper class Dt's are trash if they are looking for a few JUCO's.

- he is solid to UF
- 85 percent commited

another article on Cook

The 6-foot-4, 292-pound ESPN 300 member denied those claims Tuesday but admitted there is still interest in other schools.

"It's very solid," he said. "I talked to Khairi [Clark]. I said I feel like we are going to go up there and do our thing. Me and Khairi are going to go up there and be beasts. That's how I feel."

The Opening on ESPNU
All the top prospects are at The Opening and ESPNU is the place to see the action. Roster | Elite 11

TV Schedule
Wednesday, July 3: 9 p.m. ET, ESPNU

Recently, Moten took a visit to Miami and said he came away impressed with the Canes coaching staff.

"It went pretty good," Moten said. "I talked to all the coaches and stuff, and I told them if anything ever happened that Miami would be there."

In addition to Miami, Moten is also considering Florida State and Michigan State.

"I'm still looking at FSU for sure, and I see a lot of people are committed to MSU, so I'll start looking at them a lot," Moten said. "My sister goes to FAMU, so I have family up there, and I looked at their depth chart and they are kind of low on the D-line. I feel like I could go up there and play."

Moten's teammate, running back Madre London, has high interest in the Spartans and has put the idea of playing in East Lansing together in Moten's head.

"My boy Madre London really likes Michigan State," he said. "If I go up there with him, he feels like we would change things around, and I like that."

Moten will make a return trip to Florida later this month.

"I'm about 85 percent with my commitment," he said, "and I'll be at Florida July 26 for Friday Night Lights."

If they took 4 Dt's better than him last year, I doubt they would be looking for more than one JUCO. I doubt very much they were better, maybe one or two, but certainly not all 4. They should all be playing quite a bit this year if you're right. I'd imagine your upper class Dt's are trash if they are looking for a few JUCO's.

Bostwick Brantly and Ivey are better than Moten. Riles and Moten are about the same. The upper class DT's are certainly not trash. At the end of the season UF will be losing two DT's. That means UF will only have 2 upper classmen DT's the next year. UF also didn't pick up a strong side DE last year so they would like a replacement for that position. As a result UF wants Lambert a JUCO DT/DE he is more important than Moten. Another JUCO didnt make it in because he didnt have enough credits like Bond so they are thinking about taking him at the mid year.

Advertisement
Back