Moten/Valentine

chicagocane

Recruit
Pete, D$, or any other South Fla film gurus. Can someone talk about the difference between Moten/Valentine? They both seem to be similar in size. Do they play a similar style of football? Most people always talk about Valentine because of his recent de-commitment, but couldn't Moten also be that program-changing DT that we so desperately need. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Hope this doesn't turn into a Moten is better and has a higher ceiling than Valentine thread now that Valentine has decommitted.

Pete, D$, or any other South Fla film gurus. Can someone talk about the difference between Moten/Valentine? They both seem to be similar in size. Do they play a similar style of football? Most people always talk about Valentine because of his recent de-commitment, but couldn't Moten also be that program-changing DT that we so desperately need. Thanks in advance!

No. Valentine is an absolute stud. Few people in the country can move and carry his weight like he can. The kid is 6'4" 340 pounds right now and looks like he is moves as if he is 290. I saw him at the ESS combine back in the spring at cardinal newman and the kid ran like a 4.9 forty. I talked to the guy he was with and he told me Valentine threw up 185 on the bench 25 times without breaking a sweat and set the bar down and said he was good. Like "Do you really need to see more."

His first step is deadly, has great pad level and an incredible bull rush. Once he learns to use his hands better he will be All-American type of player. No doubt if he gets here he will have an impact day 1.

Advertisement
Valentine is significantly bigger (30+ pounds) and is the better overall prospect. Both are athletic with quick first steps.

Advertisement
Once he learns to use his hands better he will be All-American type of player. No doubt if he gets here he will have an impact day 1.

No he won't, he'll be forced to read and react.

That seems like what is going to happen based on what we have seen from the d for the most part but from what I am told by his coach in Palm Bay. Coach Franklin and staff plan on Valentine playing a 3 tech and living in the backfield.

Once he learns to use his hands better he will be All-American type of player. No doubt if he gets here he will have an impact day 1.

That seems like what is going to happen based on what we have seen from the d for the most part but from what I am told by his coach in Palm Bay. Coach Franklin and staff plan on Valentine playing a 3 tech and living in the backfield.

That would be very, very nice but I'll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement

That would be very, very nice but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yea the 3 tech is when they are playing in a 4-3, when the roll to a 3-4 he will play a 0 Tech with a single gap assignment basically using his athleticism to shoot the A gap while LB'rs take on the other gaps.

Advertisement
We have to land Valentine, period, end of story. We haven't landed an elite DT in 10 years, and this is the guy to break it.

Both will get good at patty caking.....and not the underneath the covers with Jessica Rabbit type of patty caking.

Advertisement
Back