Moten taking things slowly

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
St. Thomas Aquinas defensive tackle Anthony Moten committed to UF in early April before de-committing last month. With the dawn of his senior season upon him, Moten has tried to put recruiting on the back burner.

"I've just been basically focusing on football, that's what my goal is. My coaches have been telling me college will come, but the season is here right now. I have big goals this season so there's no point in me worrying about college right now," said Moten.

After learning from two division-1 defensive linemen, the reigns are now Moten's at Aquinas.

"Joey (Bosa) left me a lot of weight on my shoulders and then Jelani (Hamilton) before that so I feel like I have a lot to prove."

His de-commitment from Florida hasn't stopped him from considering the Gators.

"I'm definitely considering Florida still, but I like Florida State, Miami, South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Michigan State."

The hometown Hurricanes have been rumored to be Moten's leader and he commented on that.

"I don't really have a top school, but I feel like Miami will always be there. I'll be out there tomorrow (senior day) with Jelani. I just want to have a great time, talk to the coaches, and see them scrimmage. It's close to home and my family likes them a lot."

What will be the deciding factor for the 6-4, 285-pound defensive lineman?

"My parents being able to come see me, academics, and somewhere that I can go and play early."

**Moten says he is targeting a decision for after the season, but I caught up with STA Head Coach Rocco Casullo and he told me that Moten was "starting to realize he can play early at Miami" and that he would like to see his players end their recruitment before the season started. That full interview with Casullo will be posted later this week.

Advertisement
What scares me about Moten is even though UM makes all the sense in the world UM will start to really look at other guys so they dont get left behind with Moten. If I was Motenid decide early so I can focus on the season because teams will hit him up more and more not less

I doubt um would look at other guys he's the type of guy like lane and dalvin we will still recruit until the ink is dry

Motens most important characteristics of his future school: Parents can see him play, academics, and somewhere he can play early...

/Moten chooses University of Beijing Anchorage, Alaska campus.

I doubt um would look at other guys he's the type of guy like lane and dalvin we will still recruit until the ink is dry
They will recruit him till the end but the longer this goes they don't want to be left at the alter like last signing day with the other recruits (tired of saying their names)

Advertisement
He better quit fuucking around and pick a side.
Schools are filling up quick.
We are almost done and when the music stops and you are sitting there with only your **** in your hand well that's the way it goes.
We have a saying in my family when it comes to women: "he who hesitates, jacks off."

i respect the fact that hes taking his time focusing on football and i think the staff will hold a spot for him he knows Miami is the spot for him but some kids want to make sure... future cane

Last edited:
I think he's an automatic take for the staff, but for him to believe Miami "will always be there"... He isn't paying attention.

Moten is a quality prospect at a position of need, but he is nowhere the prospect that lane or Cook are.....

There are others out there like Moten, very few like lane and especially Cook.

Advertisement
I think the days of this staff waiting for players is over. Sure if they have a ship left a late commit can get it, but the Gold train's wheels are already spinning on the track. Art said it best, get on and lean forward, if your leg is hanging out it will get chopped off. Come on, eat the bbb and punch your train ticket before Al finds some 6'3" 345lb Nigerian who has been tackling lions the last four years and eating them raw.

The comment he said regarding his parents being able to see him play sold me to where he is leaning.

Advertisement
I think you guys are putting too much into the "class filling up" thing. The coaches aren't dumb and they know they have a very realistic shot with him. If he wants to take his time, there will be a spot for him.

Kid sounds like he's trying to big time us all the time, with his "Miami is that school that will be there", ****. Oh, well.

Advertisement
Pretty obvious we have told him there's a scholarship for him as long as he wants one

Edit: didn't see Pete's post. 1000% agreed.

Advertisement
Back