MOST WANTED RECRUITS (2020 Summer)

Sorry but claiming Walker is a better OT NFL prospect is way off. Rivers is 6’5 with an 84 inch wingspan. Walker is 6’3 and nowhere near that wide. NFL prospect wise there’s no comparison for an NFL OT. Rivers wins that battle all day long. Walker would be considered a tweener OG/OT in the NFL. Zion, the new commit, and Rivers will play OT per Barry. I believe Barry would eventually slide Walker inside even if he hasn’t said it.
Do you know how many tall kids with long arms there are who arent great nfl prospects? No knock on rivers who I like a lot, but simply pointing to measurables is silly.

And im not sure why anyone cares about nfl blah blah. We’re trying to build a cfb team, and walker can be a great OL for us, inside or outside. He might be better at both og and ot than anyone else we are recruiting. The fun thing is, if barry keeps it up, we can finally play guys where they belong rather than where we are desperate.

Advertisement
Do you know how many tall kids with long arms there are who arent great nfl prospects? No knock on rivers who I like a lot, but simply pointing to measurables is silly.

And im not sure why anyone cares about nfl blah blah. We’re trying to build a cfb team, and walker can be a great OL for us, inside or outside. He might be better at both og and ot than anyone else we are recruiting. The fun thing is, if barry keeps it up, we can finally play guys where they belong rather than where we are desperate.
I agree with this completely. I’m not knocking anyone. I’m simply stating who’s a better NFL prospect at OT. Go back and look at the original claim. The guy said Walker is a 1st round OT all day long and said I’m being a homer saying Rivers is the better OT prospect. Rivers is the better OT prospect for the NFL.
Of course I hope we get both these guys dude.

I agree with this completely. I’m not knocking anyone. I’m simply stating who’s a better NFL prospect at OT. Go back and look at the original claim. The guy said Walker is a 1st round OT all day long and said I’m being a homer saying Rivers is the better OT prospect. Rivers is the better OT prospect for the NFL.
Of course I hope we get both these guys dude.
I dont want to get into the nfl debate but the guy could be a nfl RT at 6-4, his feet, balance, punch and lateral movement are great for a HS kid, he has core size and power. If his arms are long enough, he can play tackle in nfl. I wouldnt expect he could be a LT below 6-5”. But the biggest reason for the height assumption is because how it correlates to arm length. Reach is what it is really about.

As for whether rivers is a better nfl prospect, you cant say so based on measurables without reference to ability. Many here think rivers will end up inside. He doesnt look to me to have walker’s level of lateral mobility and footwork.

But again, whatever to nfl discussion at this point.

No chance is Walker a tweener or is Barry planning to slide him inside. He has ELITE athleticism that you want from your LT. His movements at his size are special. That's without a real S&C program even touching him yet.

The writing is on the wall with who’s been offered scholarships. Barry has a plan. The long lean guys like Zion, Washington, and McLaughlin are never playing OG. They are not cross players (better long term OG prospects) like the previous two staffs went after. Barry is trying to get more athletic OL’s across the board. He’s going to turn big TE’s into LT’s and heavier, shorter OT’s into OG’s. Even though Barry said Rivers will play LT, I’m not so sure that’s where he ends up. I see him at RT. I see Walker ending up inside. LT will end up being one of the long lean guys.

Sorry but claiming Walker is a better OT NFL prospect is way off. Rivers is 6’5 with an 84 inch wingspan. Walker is 6’3 and nowhere near that wide. NFL prospect wise there’s no comparison for an NFL OT. Rivers wins that battle all day long. Walker would be considered a tweener OG/OT in the NFL. Zion, the new commit, and Rivers will play OT per Barry. I believe Barry would eventually slide Walker inside even if he hasn’t said it.
I’ve seen walker in person the man is legit 6”4 and with the flat top he’s 6”7

Advertisement
I'm basing my list on talent and need. You have to recruit needs in CFB. I have the over under at landing 3 of these guys.

1) Justin Flowe
2) Donell Harris
3) Darnell Washington
4) Issaih Walker
5) Austin-Cave
6) Avantae Williams
7) Keyshawn Lawrence
8) Jones Bell
9) Ladarius Tennison
10) Romello Height
Very good list. Would take all. Would like to get Walker and one additional OT,

I'm basing my list on talent and need. You have to recruit needs in CFB. I have the over under at landing 3 of these guys.

1) Justin Flowe
2) Donell Harris
3) Darnell Washington
4) Issaih Walker
5) Austin-Cave
6) Avantae Williams
7) Keyshawn Lawrence
8) Jones Bell
9) Ladarius Tennison
10) Romello Height
I can see us having a legit shot at 7 of these players.

Advertisement
Walker and Tennison. Two realistic options that will be huge wins. We are really going to figure out who has the biggest d*ck in the state with Walker. Bidding war.

We will process some over the lower committed guys for upgrades after we have this 10+ win season. Couple Christian Williams' will come into the picture late and guys like Flagg, Hodges and Washington are all suspect.

Walker and Tennison. Two realistic options that will be huge wins. We are really going to figure out who has the biggest d*ck in the state with Walker. Bidding war.

We will process some over the lower committed guys for upgrades after we have this 10+ win season. Couple Christian Williams' will come into the picture late and guys like Flagg, Hodges and Washington are all suspect.
Flagg isnt suspect. the other two are most definitely, throw riggins in there also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Flagg actually is a pipeline take more than anything else. I dont see Blake pushing him out, even if we get interest from better prospects.

He and Manny are determined to get back into Texas.
I can agree with that. That was one of the thoughts as I was saying he will be pushed out.

1) Justin Flowe
2) Donell Harris
3) Darnell Washington
4) Issaih Walker
5) Austin-Cave
6) Avantae Williams
7) Keyshawn Lawrence
8) Jones Bell
9) Ladarius Tennison
10) Romello Height

What grade do you guys give our summer recruiting? before and after we land Daz,Dennis, Chantz and would you guys say we have 11 guys committed this summer counting our may commits or not?

What grade do you guys give our summer recruiting? before and after we land Daz,Dennis, Chantz and would you guys say we have 11 guys committed this summer counting our may commits or not?
It’s picking up more than I thought. The staff is killing it this summer. To the point I expect we exceed the 3 over/under. I’m not adding Chantz since we had the decommit. Although he’s an upgrade over the kid that left. The class needs a safety like Avante or Tennison.
Dennis and Daz are great but not glaring needs like Flowe or the safeties. That’s no disrespect to them either. They will be welcome additions to a top 5ish class regardless of any rankings by “experts.”

Advertisement
Back