Most unappreciated Canes

SouthCak Cane

Recruit
Not to say that we don’t acknowledge them but who is a cane that don’t get as much love but was a great player/contributor to the team. Willis Mcgahee is one that come to mind for me.He was the truth but we rarely mention him when we talk other running backs or compare prospects to our other greats.

Advertisement
No one mentions him because he didn't do anything in the league. Still, had a great year, Heisman finalist, 1st round draft pick knowing he'd have to sit a year. Very impressive.

When you say unappreciated I think of players like Quad Hill, Mo Sikes, ect.
I’d say he had a solid career. Not HOF type like a lot of guys or even like a Portis but McGahee was pretty good in the NFL.

I think of guys like Chris Campbell, RIP, Andre King, Scott Covington, and guys that were **** good as the Canes started to slide like Eric Winston and Brandon Meriweather.

No one mentions him because he didn't do anything in the league. Still, had a great year, Heisman finalist, 1st round draft pick knowing he'd have to sit a year. Very impressive.

What? Are you kidding?
Played 10 seasons, a 2 time Probowler, had like 5 1,000 yard plus seasons.....had over a 4.0 ypc, 8500 rushing yards, and made $33 mill just on NFL salary excluding promos and endorsements.
But didn't do anything....SMH

Advertisement
Disagree with the premise, ask most on this board who the best RB's in school history is & McGahee is always mentioned.

He's arguably one of the most dominant RB's in Dade county history, and had literally the single greatest season of any RB at The U. Still holds the records for most yards & TD's in a season.

Had McGahee not been injured he probably would of had a HOF career & even so still had great years in Buffalo & his first year for the Ravens.

When he was in school, I'd say Reggie Wayne. In his Cane days, he played in Santana Moss's shadow. He was loved, but IMHO not in proportion to what he did on the field, and his pro career showed just how great a WR he really was. I think it was simply because of how electric Santana was, adding in the fact that he was an incredible kick returner.

The ones that stood out to me only from when I starting watching and being able to know what I was looking at around 98 or so and in no particular order:

Leonard Myers
Sean Spence
Brandon Harris
Kevin Beard
Jerome Mcdougle
James Jackson
Graig Cooper
Brad kaaya
Darnell Jenkins
Phillip Buchanon (yeah i said it)
Erik Moncur
Marcus Robinson

Advertisement
Disagree with the premise, ask most on this board who the best RB's in school history is & McGahee is always mentioned.

He's arguably one of the most dominant RB's in Dade county history, and had literally the single greatest season of any RB at The U. Still holds the records for most yards & TD's in a season.

Had McGahee not been injured he probably would of had a HOF career & even so still had great years in Buffalo & his first year for the Ravens.
His injury still hurt me to this day! I glad it didn’t end his career like Marcus Lattimore from usc

Willis McGahee rushed for 8,474 yards during his 10 year NFL career, including 4 - 1,000+ yards/year and 65 TDs. What do you mean that "...he didn't do anything in the league"?

Advertisement
Willis McGahee rushed for 8,474 yards during his 10 year NFL career, including 4 - 1,000+ yards/year and 65 TDs. What do you mean that "...he didn't do anything in the league"?

I stopped trying to understand a significant portion of our fanbase a long time ago. To some of these clowns, unless you're a first ballot HOF, you didn't do ****.

Advertisement
When he was in school, I'd say Reggie Wayne. In his Cane days, he played in Santana Moss's shadow. He was loved, but IMHO not in proportion to what he did on the field, and his pro career showed just how great a WR he really was. I think it was simply because of how electric Santana was, adding in the fact that he was an incredible kick returner.
you could argue that the same exact thing happened to him in the NFL prior to Marvin Harrison retiring.

The ones that stood out to me only from when I starting watching and being able to know what I was looking at around 98 or so and in no particular order:

Leonard Myers
Sean Spence
Brandon Harris
Kevin Beard
Jerome Mcdougle
James Jackson
Graig Cooper
Brad kaaya
Darnell Jenkins
Phillip Buchanon (yeah i said it)
Erik Moncur
Marcus Robinson

D. Jenkins. He’s the first one that came to my mind.

Advertisement
Back