Most talented RB/WR/TE group in the ACC for 2022?

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
I was looking through some projected ACC depth charts and began to wonder if our 2022 projected offense includes the best RB/WR/TE group in the ACC. And, who on our schedule is well-suited to slow them down.

We already have the ACC's likely best QB.

RB: Adding Parrish and Citizen make our RB room as deep as almost any program in the country. It's as complementary a unit as you can have, too. Speed, some power, pass catching, and lots of hungry players.

Our WR room may lack that supposed clear-cut #1, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that George, Smith or Brinson grow into high volume targets. Taken from a well-constructed post in the depth chart thread, this is what we're looking at for WR/TE:

WR: Brinson - Ladson - Redding
WR: K. Smith - George – Horton
WR: Restropo - B. Smith
TE: Mallory - Arroyo - Skinner

How many ACC teams have guys like Arroyo (maybe, if not Mallory), George, and B Smith on their second units?

Obviously, the success of the skill positions and QB partly rely on the success of our OL and playcalling. But, talent for talent, we're a leap at WR away from being the best in the ACC already by this season.

Maybe some of you with deeper knowledge of ACC units can chime in and compare.

Advertisement
no, not you too! DMoney is CIS' professional slurper. The mopes cannot handle Dmoney and LuCane
Ha. I'm not even sure if considering our group the most talented is correct. It's phrased as a question because I've only skimmed UNC, Clemson, and a few others' groupings. You know I'm cautious with my Canes optimism.

Advertisement
I was looking through some projected ACC depth charts and began to wonder if our 2022 projected offense includes the best RB/WR/TE group in the ACC. And, who on our schedule is well-suited to slow them down.

We already have the ACC's likely best QB.

RB: Adding Parrish and Citizen make our RB room as deep as almost any program in the country. It's as complementary a unit as you can have, too. Speed, some power, pass catching, and lots of hungry players.

Our WR room may lack that supposed clear-cut #1, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that George, Smith or Brinson grow into high volume targets. Taken from a well-constructed post in the depth chart thread, this is what we're looking at for WR/TE:

WR: Brinson - Ladson - Redding
WR: K. Smith - George – Horton
WR: Restropo - B. Smith
TE: Mallory - Arroyo - Skinner

How many ACC teams have guys like Arroyo (maybe, if not Mallory), George, and B Smith on their second units?

Obviously, the success of the skill positions and QB partly rely on the success of our OL and playcalling. But, talent for talent, we're a leap at WR away from being the best in the ACC already by this season.

Maybe some of you with deeper knowledge of ACC units can chime in and compare.
I agree with this premise. We are talented, but it's really more of an indictment of the ACC. But, this is why there is no reason why the Canes shouldn't win the Coastal and seriously challenge for the whole ACC.

Everyone drones on about how we need to be realistic in Mario's first year, but I think they are not looking at who we have and who the ACC has.

I would also add, who in the ACC will have a better DC than the Canes? Now that Dabo's boy is at OK, there's no one who. will come in with a better DC than Steele.

OP, you are correct and I raise you a 1st or 2nd best team in the ACC!

I believe we always had an advantage over most of the ACC when comes to skill position players (except maybe QB until recently) What we were lacking is coaching and culture.
I agree with you @LuCane. Your thread won't generate much traffic though. It doesn't have that negativity that gets the CIS crowd going lol

are we talking rankings?

we're behind behind clemson but I do think it's close

I mean clemson got the #1 TE last year in the country and Will Shipley the #2 RB. a bunch of top WR's sprinkled in that rank higher than our guys

I believe in our players though and think we can compete with Clemson. I think after the '23 recruiting class it'll be more evident we take the leap

Advertisement
Its the best unit and it will play out on the field. Cristobal and Mirabal will fix the OL. And depending on the OC we pick, could become one of the best offense we have ever seen here. Van Dyke didn't really have a consistent run game and he was still lighting man up.

Depth wise I love it

However someone needs to step up and replace Rambo (spring portal could be huge) and we need a clear cut #1 back to emerge

Not saying we can’t but Mallory/Arroyo is probably our biggest “advantage” if Mallory can hang on to the ball

We have the best QB in the game next year. You can have el Gordo coach Moe out there and we still ballin. But we have talent everywhere so we dropping 40 on everybody next year. Except for Am and Clemson we dropping 35 on them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson likes their RB room a lot. Shipley, Pace, and Mafa. Their WRs stayed injured last year, and even though I don't see a round 1 STUD like years past, they have some good talent there. They just signed 2 they really like too.

Piitaburgh has a solid RB group and the best WR group in ACC.

Clemson likes their RB room a lot. Shipley, Pace, and Mafa. Their WRs stayed injured last year, and even though I don't see a round 1 STUD like years past, they have some good talent there. They just signed 2 they really like too.

Piitaburgh has a solid RB group and the best WR group in ACC.

I would say Virginia with Billy Kemp, Dontayvion Wicks, and Keytaon Thompson have us topped at WR easily. The 3 of them combined for basically 3,000 yards this year

Don't know enough about their WRs, and you guys both know what you're talking about. Our WR unit looks good potential wise but has a lot to prove productoin wise. Overall across skill positions, do UVA or Pitt stack up to our guys?

Advertisement
Back