Most successful player who transferred out of UM?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brown, Brady and Storm Johnson.

A better question is how many transfers have left Miami and never saw the field again.

Advertisement
Considering he was a joke at Miami, I'd say he's carved out a tremendous, astonishing career in the pros.

A joke? He was in line to be the starter until he got injured and Yearby took the spot and ran with it (pun intended). I love how y'all talk down to these young men. Really reveals a lot.

A joke? He was in line to be the starter until he got injured and Yearby took the spot and ran with it (pun intended). I love how y'all talk down to these young men. Really reveals a lot.

Yes, a JOKE. As in, the entire fanbase collectively laughed at how he seemingly REFUSED to use his size while running, to the point people JOKINGLY referred to him as a scat-back.

Your accusation is also a joke, seeing as how I regularly speak up against people bashing 'Canes for no reason. But you've obviously never taken the time to read any of that and jumped to a conclusion because you went to the beach and forgot to wash the sand out of your ******.

Yes, a JOKE. As in, the entire fanbase collectively laughed at how he seemingly REFUSED to use his size while running, to the point people JOKINGLY referred to him as a scat-back.

Your accusation is also a joke, seeing as how I regularly speak up against people bashing 'Canes for no reason. But you've obviously never taken the time to read any of that and jumped to a conclusion because you went to the beach and forgot to wash the sand out of your ******.

Are you this childish in real life or this just your online persona?

The joke is that you or anyone had any basis for your criticism of Gus when all he did while at Miami was average 5.3 yards per carry. Gus is/was a bigger back with good feet and decent speed. You just saw a big kid and expected him to lower his shoulder and run over everybody. Sorry he didn't fit into your pigeon hole.

Advertisement
Arthur Brown: Brown received impermissible benefits from a Miami booster Nevin Shapiro before he transferred to Kansas State. Shapiro is serving a 20-year prison sentence for masterminding a $930 million Ponzi scheme, broke NCAA rules by providing benefits to 72 athletes in the form of cash, prostitutes, entertainment, travel, yacht trips, jewelry, televisions and other gifts.

2008 (Freshman): 11 games, 4 tackles and two solo tackles (Miami)
2009 (Sophomore): 13 games, 13 tackles, eight solo and 0.5 for loss (Miami)
2011 (Junior): 13 games, 101 tackles, 57 solo, 9.5 for loss, two sacks and one interception (Kansas State)
2012 (Senior): 13 games, 100 tackles, 65 solo, seven for loss, one sack, two interceptions and one touchdown (Kansas State)

Advertisement
Soon to be Bubba Baxa. Watch him go somewhere and start hitting from 60, over and over.
I would not be surprised. His issue was mental. For whatever reason, he was broken mentally but I wouldn't be surprised if a change of scenery got him back on track. He had no chance of ever being a good kicker at Miami again but I'd give him a 50/50 shot at being serviceable at a different school.

I would not be surprised. His issue was mental. For whatever reason, he was broken mentally but I wouldn't be surprised if a change of scenery got him back on track. He had no chance of ever being a good kicker at Miami again but I'd give him a 50/50 shot at being serviceable at a different school.
I just hope we can get touchbacks this year. The dude was roster worthy for that alone. I remember so many years when our kickers couldn't give us touchbacks, and it cost us dearly.

If he gets his mind right, which is something this coaching staff had no CLUE how to help him with, he will still do well. Manny playing tough guy with kickers was just stupid. Also, we might have the only coaching staff on the planet that didn't understand the importance of centering the ball for struggling kickers.

Advertisement
Back