Most pleasant surprise this year...

WaterburyCane

🐳 🐳 🐳
Premium
on offense, to me, is Dallas Crawford. What a score he has been..especially considering the depth chart we were looking at this year at RB. This kid has really been an asset to the offense that I honestly didnt see coming..at least not to this level. He is running with a lot of heart and he seems to have excellent instincts at the goaline/short yardage situations. I didnt realize how shifty he could be as well as tough and not going down on 1st contact. He's shown a nose for a small crease and hits it. That last touchdown he had against GT looked crazy. That scrimmage line looked like a wall. I couldnt believe it when he shot out of that hole and found daylight to the endzone.

Kudos to DC! Keep it up.

BTW..a close second for me is O'Donnell....what a find by Golden. He's been a big help to special teams and winning field position.

Advertisement
I think he could be used a lot more too.

Just wish they would run some wildcat with him, whip it out against FSU. Show them that big arm, you know what I am talking about.

For me its been the D. There is no bigger turnaround on the team.

Next would be the OL. They've dominated the past three games. Dominated, and it was long overdue. Thought it was more of the same after FL., but they have turned it around.

If those two units keep it up, Miami is going to be a very tough team to beat the rest of the way.

Just wish they would run some wildcat with him, whip it out against FSU. Show them that big arm, you know what I am talking about.

+1

It's nice that Miami hasn't really had to try anything tricky all year. I don't even think the playbook has been partially cracked open. I also think FSU is the game we see Crawford air it out.

It's the d and one guy who has really stepped up is Tyrone Cornelius. I also like how guy stepped up when Deon bush went down.

Crawford definitely gets the nod on offense because he essentially replaced a real leader and tough nosed guy in Mike James.

Advertisement

+1

It's nice that Miami hasn't really had to try anything tricky all year. I don't even think the playbook has been partially cracked open. I also think FSU is the game we see Crawford air it out.

HE COMIN

Defense without a doubt... I for one, was hating on Coach D'Onofrio last year... He has this D playing solid cohesive football.... If it weren't for the Defense we would've lost to Florida.... This whole team has been a pleasant surprise as well, Coach Golden has this whole team thinking as One... When you listen to the interviews from the coaches, the Starter's or the backups they all have the same response, they're speaking as a team....

Score one for the fans - he's a guy we all wanted to get offered when Shannon was here. I think he was one of the first guys, along with Gionni Paul, that AG offered when he got the job. DC is a playmaker.

Advertisement
Crawford has been great. Really shocked me personally.

Hurns as well. I mean he has always had talent but injuries and inconsistency have plagued him at times. He's healthy and flourishing.

Thurston Armbrister , the kid has played his *** off this year .

I was going for offense on this thread and was gonna create another thread for the D. But since the D is getting some much deserved love, I'll chime in and say, my most pleasant surprise on D is Thurston for sure. There are a number of guys that come to mind, but as for a "holy &^..didnt see this coming from that guy"...yeah Thurston has been my biggest individual pleasant surprise on D so far this year.

Advertisement
Crawford has been great. Really shocked me personally.

Hurns as well. I mean he has always had talent but injuries and inconsistency have plagued him at times. He's healthy and flourishing.

The thing I love about Hurns is his yards after catch. He's not shifty but rarely goes down on first contact and almost always picks up the first down short of the sticks. It's lead to some big plays too. Every receiver on the roster is capable of making a big play.

I hadn't looked at our WR stats in a while but does everyone realize Hurns has almost twice as many yards and catches as everyone else?

Crazy.

And Coley is #2 in yards and catches. HE COMIN.

Sound. Sound when our defenders make tackles. The sound of pain being delivered. The sound of Welcome to THE U m.. f.. er!

Advertisement
Fact is, you can mention just about anyone on the team, and find a very pleasant surprise.

Team. Something we haven't had in a long time.

McCord deserves a nomination here. Knew he was good but hot **** he is monster off the edge

Huggybear Rodgers says quiet down haters..

246.jpg

Advertisement
Back