Most Overhyped group...EVER?!

Good thing we hired Patke to coach em up instead of ST coach.🤮 This group would be sub standard either way, but maybe ST wouldn’t be pathetic if we had hired a real coach.

Advertisement
We have good LBs. Fans of bad teams tend to lash out at the good players.

We have much bigger issues.

I would love to actually read you go into detail as to how Zach McCloud and Quarteeman could possibly be good. Thanks in advance.

I would love to actually read you go into detail as to how Zach McCloud and Quarteeman could possibly be good. Thanks in advance.

Dummy needs to stop protecting shaq his dad doesn’t post here anymore because he couldn’t handle all of the honest feed back he was getting on his kiddo

McCloud hasn’t done much. Quarterman is smart, powerful taking on blocks and a very good tackler. He’s not Vilma or Morgan but he’s a real good college player.

McCloud hasn’t done much. Quarterman is smart, powerful when taking on blocks and a very good tackler. He’s not Vilma or Morgan but he’s a real good college player.

Eddie “the dark one” Johnson

Shizz’s on all 3 of them

Advertisement
Ah man this is just sad, if you want to be b*tchy lil c*nts direct it at our senile HC who is getting 4mil...

Dont kid yourselves we have a good group of lbs.they get too aggressive at times problem is teams are using that against us.

these guys should have made ga tech go backwards all night long

as a LB in this scheme I would be salivating at the thought of playing a team that will allow you this many opportunities at tackles

instead shaq get's fcking exposed

Advertisement
mccloud-pinckney-quarterman-1000-linebackers-gt-week.jpg
I hear your pain like all of us but the defense isn’t the problem. Do you see how Perry missed a wide open Jordan for the TD on 3rd in the 2nd. He threw it to Thomas who was
Covered. Or how about Thomas wide open in the 3rd when Perry went to the outlet. Seriously, the defense wasn’t great but played well enough. I’m not throwing Zack under the bus when he makes more plays than anyone on offense. He single handidly kept UM in the Pitt game last year. The reason we lost is because of offense and it’s atrocious. The fact is we have no QB. Jarren is the guy but Richt hasn’t given him the reps yet. Is it because he really feels Jarren isn’t ready, can’t read talent, or that he’s afraid Weldon and Perry will Bolt? You choose who to blame. I think he’s scared AF and the fact that we’re trying to recruit Bryant proves that.

In the pecking order of being atrocious, they aren’t the top reasoning we’re in the situation we find ourselves today. There are much more glaring holes that need to be fixed over our LB corps. I’m not saying they’re playing lights out, but in the grander scheme we could do a whole lot more fixing or replacing other players on the roster.

these guys should have made ga tech go backwards all night long

as a LB in this scheme I would be salivating at the thought of playing a team that will allow you this many opportunities at tackles

instead shaq get's fcking exposed
It’s not the defense that lost the game. They’ve given up because they know the offense won’t help. It’s like watching the fing jaguars in the NFL. You can only do so much on one side and still have life.

Advertisement
We have good LBs. Fans of bad teams tend to lash out at the good players.

We have much bigger issues.

This site in particular was very kind to 55 due to his pops posting here. He's not great. I'd say "good" is a push. He's limited. All down hill (that is where he wins) and has had more bad games than good games here, but mostly been an average player. Forget Vilma or Morgan, he's more in the Daryl Sharpton conversation and I'd say that as compliment.

Mike Pinckney is in the same conversation, he just splashes a bit higher but also disappears for longer stretches.

Zach McCloud has been flat out bad. Underachiever would be nice to this point in his career.

But, you are right, we do have much bigger issues. That doesn't absolve these guys from criticism though, because there are too many games through three years where we can point to one or two of these guys and say they were downright bad and a reason the team lost a game. It is what it is, but they are fair game.

Pinckney freelances too much and often doesn't fill his gap, Shaq is too slow, and McCloud just sucks. They've started all 3 years here not because they're good, but the cupboard is so bare who else are we gonna go to? Good thing we got Mike Smith who's even slower than Shaq and then behind him we got Jennings who's slower than both of them.

Pinckney freelances too much and often doesn't fill his gap, Shaq is too slow, and McCloud just sucks. They've started all 3 years here not because they're good, but the cupboard is so bare who else are we gonna go to? Good thing we got Mike Smith who's even slower than Shaq and then behind him we got Jennings who's slower than both of them.
Someone seems fixated on calling players "slow".... shaq hasn't proved to be a difference maker but he's solid. Smith developed into a serviceable backup once he overcame his knee injury....Havent seen enough off Jennings to lable him anything yet.

Advertisement
Someone seems fixated on calling players "slow".... shaq hasn't proved to be a difference maker but he's solid. Smith developed into a serviceable backup once he overcame his knee injury....Havent seen enough off Jennings to lable him anything yet.

I'm fixated on it because they are. If you are that size as a LB you better be able to move. Gone are the days when LBs had to bulk up to play the position. You have to be able to run sideline to sideline now. Go watch the SEC and not these **** teams we're mud wrestling with every week.

the biggest issue with Pinckney and Shaq is their lack of speed. Then at times they have bad instincts.

Advertisement
Back