Most meaningful game since????

I still think 2013 VT. Y'all must have forgotten the context. We were both 7-1 going into the game. We had just lost to FSU, but we were at home and the stadium was hyped. One of the best crowds I can remember for a non FSU/UF game. It was pouring rain. We come out the gate and Coley houses a screen for like 70 yards 3.5 minutes in. It felt like it was about to be a route. Then, the wheels completely come off. Artie fumbles a kick off. Bad snap on a punt put them at the 17. Completely **** the bed. We had a legit shot at the division that night and choked it away. In hindsight, it was probably for the best, because we were fraudulent and it probably would have given Golden more margin. I hope we have a better outcome this Saturday

I thought I t was gonna be 05 again..... If artie and Coley don't fumble who knows what happens

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;3062076 said:
2013 @ FSU

FSU 2013 when we were 7-0 and ranked 7th. The VT game the following week, at 7-1 was for the division and pretty big as well.

nah. 2013 was smoke and mirrors. anyone that watched us play up to that point knew that we were going to get smacked going into that game, and once duke was taken out, the season was over. we were only up to #7 because people ahead of us kept losing and we had a dog **** schedule up to that point.

You know that's what the whole country is saying about this year's team right? So is this week's game not meaningful for the same reason? Yes we fell off after the loss, but going INTO that game in 2013 it was certainly meaningful and in the national spotlight.

No game in 2013 was big. Miami was trash due to garbage coaching and a cake schedule

Last edited:
We play games every year that are this meaningful. if you are speaking of a marquee game nationally, Im not sure this is that game. If we win Saturday and play ND as an Undefeated playoff contender........thats that game.

Advertisement
We play games every year that are this meaningful. if you are speaking of a marquee game nationally, Im not sure this is that game. If we win Saturday and play ND as an Undefeated playoff contender........thats that game.

This is big. Miami could clinch the coastal with a win and a uva loss. Would be the first time ever in the accg. To **** with ND.

1983 East Carolina game in the OB the week before the big game at Tally. We needed it to get the Orange Bowl bid against NE for a shot at the NC. Now we need to beat VT to get to ND and stake on claim on a playoff spot. For me this team and year are like that 83 team.

All that games and years since that day are just wonderful birthday cakes we have already eaten long ago. We are so far removed from our greatness that it is not a question of being "back" but rather "again". We need to start again what we once began. That team was far from the power houses that would come latter, heck if got crushed by the gator. But it did learn how to win and was cool under pressure. Who knew what they would start.

That is where we stand again. Only the most insane of us are thinking we have a chance to win it all. The world barely notices we exist and willing dismisses us without a thought. It is all about the great powers trying to challenge the one super team. Again, nobody has any idea there might be a storm coming. I like it that way.

No game in 2013 was big. Miami was trash due to garbage coaching and a cake schedule

This is a case recency bias and "playing the result" of Al Golden........At 7-0 in 2013 with basically the same exact schedule. A lot of the same exact stuff being said today was then......It was a big meaningful game.

Advertisement
Back