Most Impressive Thing I Saw Today

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Jacory confidently stepped *into* the pocket with his eyes downfield on multiple occasions. That's the Jacory Harris that went up to Tally a couple years ago, stepped into the pocket and threw a strike to Travis Benjamin on a deep corner route at the end of the game.

We have an incredible challenge next week. Jacory cannot "drift" - literally (as in when he drifts back away from the pocket) or figuratively (as in any focus lost after things don't go perfectly).

Rock and Roll. It's FSU week now.

Advertisement
One play that sticks out was on the last TD drive of the first half. Jacory was looking at Streeter but LB was sitting underneath route, Jacory looked off to the RB in the flat, moved the LB and came right back to Streeter for a 1st down gain. Was very technically sound and something I don't remember seeing JAcory do very often if at all in the past

Most impressive thing I saw was Tompkins catching a ball in the flat and running for a first down. This guy has been a GT all-star for years and perpetual member of the ShanDoghouse. Nice to seem him make a play for positive yardage. And when he got the sideline Golden was banging him on the helmet like he scored a touchdown. Those little things go A LONG way towards team unity.

Advertisement
Any chance we rotate Qb's like we did today? I was pretty surprised by that.

I would be very surprised. I was very impressed with some of the looks they gave today. Not because we will show them again, but because they were essentially part of a broader strategy. FSU will be forced to prepare for things previously unseen. I don't know if we'll win next week, but it sure seems Golden and his coaching staff are loading up for that game. It's not that different than what we saw on offense against VTech.

There are also a few plays I saw early in the season I haven't seen again. I expect to see them next week.

The most impressive thing I saw today was the offense taking advantage of the weakness of the Duke defense in the short outside area of the field. We did a lot to exploit weakness with short throws and motion that gave our WRs the ball with room to make a move and get some positive yards. I just enjoyed seeing us find and exploit a weakness like that.

I saw our Kickoff coverage dominate once again. That unit has to be the best 11 players to take the field on a consistant basis. It's amazing how great they've been all year.

The most impressive thing I saw today was the offense taking advantage of the weakness of the Duke defense in the short outside area of the field. We did a lot to exploit weakness with short throws and motion that gave our WRs the ball with room to make a move and get some positive yards. I just enjoyed seeing us find and exploit a weakness like that.

Agreed. Fisch is very clever...sometimes too clever.

Advertisement
Harris is on an 18 TD and 1 INT roll right now since halftime of the KSU game I believe. He's playing at an All American level.

Anyone else see #16 on kickoff coverage during our last kickoff? Swear I saw him near the pile at the end.

Harris is on an 18 TD and 1 INT roll right now since halftime of the KSU game I believe. He's playing at an All American level.

I think that if we're gonna win next weekend it will be because of Jacory. FSU will score. J12 is gonna have to put the team on his back and the coaches are gonna have to let him do it

Advertisement
How about that throw to Chase Ford in the 4th quarter (maybe the end of the 3rd)? I think Ford actually toe tapped that for a TD but we were out of challenges.

What a 180 turnaround for the kid, happy for him.

YES. Great call - those short yardage roll outs to Mike James to start the game were brilliant!

Fisch was on fire and we're going to need a great offensive turnout to compete with F$U considering our defense is depleted and not very good right now.

I would be very surprised. I was very impressed with some of the looks they gave today. Not because we will show them again, but because they were essentially part of a broader strategy. FSU will be forced to prepare for things previously unseen. I don't know if we'll win next week, but it sure seems Golden and his coaching staff are loading up for that game. It's not that different than what we saw on offense against VTech.

There are also a few plays I saw early in the season I haven't seen again. I expect to see them next week.

It also seems that Golden's message was well received as that was the most complete performance I have seen all year. Granted it was Duke, but a few weeks ago that would have been a 10 point game IMO.

Instead the offense never took their foot off the pedal which was great to see.

Advertisement
I've watched a good deal of CFB the past few weeks. We have one of the best QBs in the nation. Top 5? Nah. Top 15? Probably.

Most impressive thing i saw was that a Team that was by far superior dominate a game from the start and keeping the foot on the gas. Doing what the very good teams do. NOT PLAYING DOWN TO YOUR COMPETITION. This game was no doubt.

JC

Advertisement
Back