Most important 18 days in a decade

407cane

All-ACC
(I'll leave out 2013 season when we were 7-0 then dropped three straight becuase I still have nightmares about that epic collapse)

On October 20th We're either 7-0 with playoff aspirations and a top 5 ranking

Or potentially taking a back seat in the acc coastal race

Gonna be a wild three weeks. Let's all be excited we're relevant and low key wish for an injury to mitch tribinsky

Advertisement
Advertisement
(I'll leave out 2013 season when we were 7-0 then dropped three straight becuase I still have nightmares about that epic collapse)

On October 20th We're either 7-0 with playoff aspirations and a top 5 ranking

Or potentially taking a back seat in the acc coastal race

Gonna be a wild three weeks. Let's all be excited we're relevant and low key wish for an injury to mitch tribinsky

That 2013 team was one of the worst 7-0 teams ever. Signature win was against what ended up being a terrible Florida team. Had to win a shoot out against gt and barely hung on to beat a terrible wake Forrest team.

Not to side track your point but the 2016 is trending up and 2013 team was hanging on for dear life

This UNC game is starting to worry me more and more as time goes by. They are an absolute force on offense. Hopefully Manny comes up with a good aggressive game plan to slow them down by disrupting the timing.

Advertisement
2013 team was a very overrated 7-0 team heading into FSU. That team would hardly slip by teams that we should have been crushing.

North Carolina looks like a rough game. Their QB has 13 touchdowns, 0 int's, and completing 76%. But low-key, I don't even care about the coastal. Don't see us as a playoff team. But if we can get 11-1 with wins over FSU, VT, and ND I'll be ecstatic.

Advertisement
North Carolina looks like a rough game. Their QB has 13 touchdowns, 0 int's, and completing 76%. But low-key, I don't even care about the coastal. Don't see us as a playoff team. But if we can get 11-1 with wins over FSU, VT, and ND I'll be ecstatic.

I agree to an extent , I think winning the coastal is a big deal for us as we have never done it, but of course 11-1 is **** awesome season and would rather have that too

I just want to badly embarrass FSU in front of everyone. I mean something similar to what UL did to them....but this time shutting them out and getting Cook injured.

Do that, and I almost don't care what happens the rest of the season.

I just want to badly embarrass FSU in front of everyone. I mean something similar to what UL did to them....but this time shutting them out and getting Cook injured.

Do that, and I almost don't care what happens the rest of the season.

You won't care what happens for the rest of the season, is because when we beat fswho, deep in the back of your mind you KNOW we have a team to be reckoned with!

PS: I see what you did there... (almost) LOL.. I'm ready for Saturday night!! Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Just take it one game at a time. Our boys will be ready.

North Carolina is THE game looking at it pragmatically and that's the one win I hope we pull off. We haven't won a do or die, everything on the line type game since 2004?

After we beat the criminoles, and if they beat VT this week, a win there would be a taste we haven't had in a long time and would allow for us to drop one game and still get in to the ACCCG. And yes, winning the coastal is YUGE. It let's us: A. play Louisville and see where we're at B. Get to watch more Canes football and C. Finally win the fcvking Coastal

This UNC game is starting to worry me more and more as time goes by. They are an absolute force on offense. Hopefully Manny comes up with a good aggressive game plan to slow them down by disrupting the timing.
I don't worry about the UNC game. They will probably move the ball......but pressure,pressure makes every offense worse. I'm today's college football there won't be any dominant defenses every game. I want a play making D, just like we did against GT. Coming into our place and throwing the ball so much could be a recipe for disaster. And I won't judge them off going up against FSU defense which might be the second worst in the country behind ND. It will tell alot about how they do against VT's D that's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I think how we do and where we go after this year will determine how important this stretch is, but I get your point. We're about to learn some things. And that 2013 team was obviously overrated, while this one just hasn't been tested much.

Advertisement
Back