Most frustrated/powerless you've ever felt?

we've won ten games only five times in the past twenty years.. let that sink in. its a sinking ship right now

Advertisement
Dont feel powerless just very frustrated that those in charge and that those who get paid millions are blind. I will do my best to not support this institution that I love so much with my money. I will not enable mediocrity. Tough love...Go Canes!!!

Shalalala and her lap dogs have succeeded in neutering and killing Miami football. Her job is done.

Advertisement
I got to watch the life fade from my dad's eyes as lung cancer took it...and I STILL feel more powerless/devoid of hope for this program at this moment

Randy last year we had no recruits lined up at all he completely gave up, atleast now i know we have the top class for 2016 a solid team and a top 10-15 class for 2015 i feel muchhhhhh better no even close

Add in i got a franchise qb also

Easy answer. It was mid 2007 when we made the disastrous choice to leave the Orange Bowl and align with a bland pro facility nearly an hour removed from campus.

I don't care about Bar Stool caliber fixation on the latest game or players and coaches. IMO, a wide scope overview is exponentially more valid. Once we made that decision it regulated the program for as long as we remain in that building. It certified that we have no clue what we are doing, and that's almost guaranteed to transfer to the major decisions going forward. I had sent Paul Dee and Donna Shalala the specifics regarding the Dolphins sharp decline in home field advantage in the Robbie bowl compared to Orange Bowl.

Plus I emphasized in those letters that the decision had to impact recruiting. We'll never be bad in recruiting given our location but playing in that venue allows too much natural ammunition to use against us. Kids can see and compare themselves, the awesome on-campus connection between student life and football at everywhere else they are being wooed, and a bus ride and forced "walk" in our case. No way to fully overcome it.

IMO, we'll have an ongoing series of 3-5 year cycles of failed coaches and desperate comparison to the old days when we had special guys who knew what they were doing, like Sam Jankovich scheduling byes before each of the three huge road games in 1988. As I've indicated, at least I appreciated it at the time and savored those years, taping and saving almost every game, instead of pretending we were birthrighted to remain on top forever.

Advertisement
I've seen 5 football titles. Let's get a basketball title. Football will work its self out eventually and I hope the youngins get to enjoy at least one more.

Easy answer. It was mid 2007 when we made the disastrous choice to leave the Orange Bowl and align with a bland pro facility nearly an hour removed from campus.

I don't care about Bar Stool caliber fixation on the latest game or players and coaches. IMO, a wide scope overview is exponentially more valid. Once we made that decision it regulated the program for as long as we remain in that building. It certified that we have no clue what we are doing, and that's almost guaranteed to transfer to the major decisions going forward. I had sent Paul Dee and Donna Shalala the specifics regarding the Dolphins sharp decline in home field advantage in the Robbie bowl compared to Orange Bowl.

Plus I emphasized in those letters that the decision had to impact recruiting. We'll never be bad in recruiting given our location but playing in that venue allows too much natural ammunition to use against us. Kids can see and compare themselves, the awesome on-campus connection between student life and football at everywhere else they are being wooed, and a bus ride and forced "walk" in our case. No way to fully overcome it.

IMO, we'll have an ongoing series of 3-5 year cycles of failed coaches and desperate comparison to the old days when we had special guys who knew what they were doing, like Sam Jankovich scheduling byes before each of the three huge road games in 1988. As I've indicated, at least I appreciated it at the time and savored those years, taping and saving almost every game, instead of pretending we were birthrighted to remain on top forever.

I think that the stadium is a major, major issue, and is going to adversely impact our ability to sign up a legit coach when Golden leaves or is fired. Still, we should not understate the level of incompetence we're witnessing here. Stadium or no stadium, this guy should have won 9-10 games with this team.

Advertisement
Back