Most frustrated/powerless you've ever felt?

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
This has to be the worst I have ever felt about this program. Feels like there is no hope, like we are being held hostage, like we are powerless. Kinda like one of those dreams where you see something terrible happening but can't make any sound and everyone else is clueless.

Is this the most frustrated you've ever been? Can we actually do anything???

Advertisement
all we can do is ***** and moan, dont mean that in a negative way, just saying thats all we can really do, keep the pressure going and MAYBE that will make a difference

Advertisement
This is definitely the worst I've ever felt about the program. I've come into games "expecting a loss", "thinking we would lose or get blown out", "hoping, praying, wanting a W so bad I couldn't stand it", but I've never went through the indifference and nothingness that I have these past few weeks with this team. I would never go the 'pick a new favorite team route', but I am about to the point that I really just don't care anymore and may not watch or support this team anymore (or any college football for that matter).

not really. Had this same feeling 4 yrs ago

Calling total BS. Randy was fired in a matter of HOURS after his FIFTH loss in that fourth year. This dude is still kicking three whole DAYS after his 6th loss. No chance that was as frustrating.

It's not even close. I can't think of a time period I felt more concerned.

Advertisement
not really. Had this same feeling 4 yrs ago

Negative. Because they fired Randy within an hour of the horn sounding after we lost to USF. So we had hope. These mofos havent even given us any hope that there will be staff changes LET ALONE firing Al Golden a$$. There is nothing. Just coach speak and silence. Now Al will go back into his hole until Bowl time and then come back up for more BS. We wont hear anything from the administration. They assume that the "holiday season" will make us forget about things and things will die down. We cant be mad forever right? Smh.

So to answer your question..this is the worst I have felt about this program since the horn sounded after FSU clobbered us 47-0 back in 1997.

This is so different from 4 years ago. You could feel it coming as circumstances were different. With Donna leaving and "the cloud" on top of having the master hoodwinker having all the leverage it makes me feel helpless. I watched games this year not even yelling and screaming at the TV as I have for decades. I genuinely went into every game expecting to lose and even made a thread almost a year ago calling for us to lose to Arkansas State. Sure I was wrong but was it really that poor of judgement to raise a concern that it could happen? Not 6-6 a year later with better players in my opinion.

The only game I really got into was FSU as I found myself cheering for FSU to lose more than Miami to win out of respect to our 34 game win streak. As a successful professional I've always lived by the "adapt or die" mentality and Miami is so far from it that it has completely taken all the wind out of my sails. I get mad every time on come onto CIS 30 times a day as it is depressing to know the direction we are headed and what is being accepted. I can't stop from coming on here as the Hurricanes are truly a huge part of my life so my love for the program continues to drag me here on the hour.

To make things the worst, the two schools that we compete with the most are doing it right and that is what hurts the most. Watching and listening to all of my Noles and Gator fans who have been riding the wave or have been rejuvenated makes me sick to my stomach. When you grow up watching a dominant team and Saturdays were fun to this dumpster is hard to live with. My wife who I've been with for going on 9 years doesn't get my frustration as she has only witnessed our Canes on a downward spiral. The only thing that helps her understand are the 30 for 30's. If UM doesn't care anymore then that is fine but don't act like you do when you really don't. Come out and say it instead of lying to thousands of people or care more about the school than the people running it. We all know where we are headed and the frugalness and ego of UM is truly despicable. Saying my nighttime prayers again tonight...........

I'm simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I'm saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.

It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad,” you have already jumped onto the thought process.

It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.

And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.

That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being.

Advertisement
Having the cuffs on way too tight in the back of a cruiser. Ohhhhhh, you were talking about football. Yeah, this is that moment. Carry on.

Definitely is...Golden is a huge problem for us...but it's the attitude of the administration toward our football program that really keeps me up at night...

its a god **** football team for christs sake...

move on...enjoy life dont let little **** bring you down...

Advertisement
I wasn't able to make it to any games this season. I had already started looking forward to next year and getting to most of the home games. Now I don't want 2015 to even get here.

its a god **** football team for christs sake...

move on...enjoy life dont let little **** bring you down...

Clearly reading is not your strong suit. The question was is this the most frustrated youve felt about the program. I'm sure people have real life frustrations; this is a football board, I think we are allowed to be frustrated with our **** team.

I have come to the point where im just accepting us being an average team and not elite. Al has too my Cane soul man. first was the Louisville bowl game and now this season as a whole. I love my Hurricanes and i will represent till i die but **** Golden has hurt me so much i can only imagine from the players POV

feels worse than shannon. 3 straight failures at HC makes me unable to believe they can stop this trend

Advertisement
Back