Most destructive class in school history - who ya got?

Yes, that was his first full class and it was signed one month after we won the Rose Bowl.

Advertisement
2008 or 2004?

Rhyan Anderson
Charlie Jones
Bobby Washington
Tyler McMeans
Andrew Johnson
James Bryant
Willie Williams
Lance Leggett
Kirby Freeman
Romeo Davis
Chris Rutledge
Jon St Pierre
Carlos Armour
Joe Joseph
Anthony Reddick
Dwayne Hendricks
Chris Zellner
Khalil Jones
Josh Kerr
Lovon Ponder
Rashaun Jones
George Timmons
Derron Thomas
Tyrone Byrd
Calais Campbell

I'm guessing some of Erickson's classes are right up here but I can't find them online.
Calais had one good season as a junior (soph) and a terrible last year when he played for his NFL paycheck the following year. That class was a hot disaster. Only about 6 or 7 Dade kids as well.

LOL.. I still remember Lavon Ponder getting stiffed arm all the way to the endzone by that louisville wr... **** that was embarrassing...

I would say 2004 started the slide, unfortunately. The 2008 class was just over-rated and couldn't get us out of the gutter that the 2004 class put us in.

thumbnail.aspx

Advertisement
I'm going with 2008.

2004 cost Coker his job, but if UM had hired a decent coach after Coker, UM would be back right now, so the damage would be limited. I mean, seriously, in is 2011 and we'd be in the hunt if we'd hired a good coach and 2004 would be ancient history.

Instead, UM hired an imbecile (one who I supported for far too long) and a few bad years with Coker morphed into a decade. And it was that 2009 class that just wrecked UM. And with 9 or so of the 2008 kids being all up Shapiro's ***, it makes it the worst, ever.

According to Jacory, the 2008 class left as "champions," so by that definition 2004 must have been a lot worse.

Coker turned away good running backs because he wanted JR Mounts. With Butch gone, the evaluations suffered as did the discipline.

Advertisement
I'm going with 2008.

2004 cost Coker his job, but if UM had hired a decent coach after Coker, UM would be back right now, so the damage would be limited. I mean, seriously, in is 2011 and we'd be in the hunt if we'd hired a good coach and 2004 would be ancient history.

Instead, UM hired an imbecile (one who I supported for far too long) and a few bad years with Coker morphed into a decade. And it was that 2009 class that just wrecked UM. And with 9 or so of the 2008 kids being all up Shapiro's ***, it makes it the worst, ever.

Non sense. The 2008 class had all-acc performers, an all american, some frosh AA's and as bad as Harris was he's still became Miami's #2 all-time passer nnumbers wise. The 2004 class had Campbell.

2004 was the start of the slide IMO, that was th country club class. The kds that thought by putting on the U jersey you were going in the 1st round and would be millionaires after ther Junior year, so I give them that distinction.

The 08 kids were weak minded and couldn't handle adversity.

This.

2004 was the start of the slide IMO, that was th country club class. The kds that thought by putting on the U jersey you were going in the 1st round and would be millionaires after ther Junior year, so I give them that distinction.

This.

Yep. It's pretty obvious about the 08 class - they had been fluffed by the hangers-on their entire lives and assumed they were destined for greatness. Never had to face adversity until they got to big-boy football, and when they did they folded up like a cheap tent.

Advertisement

This.

Yep. It's pretty obvious about the 08 class - they had been fluffed by the hangers-on their entire lives and assumed they were destined for greatness. Never had to face adversity until they got to big-boy football, and when they did they folded up like a cheap tent.

The 2008 group accomplished more as players than the 2004 group. The 2004 may have been better as a team but they had some butch davis players mixed in.

2008 gets the edge for being a group that never won anything...not even a bowl and then they **** us with the NCAA.

Advertisement
2008 gets the edge for being a group that never won anything...not even a bowl and then they **** us with the NCAA.

Who from the 2004 group started on a team that did anything? 1 guy? LMFAO
+1

Other than Calais, who was bad in his last year at UM, that class had nothing. Mostly non-players, no all conference. ****, the 2008 class will have some dudes in the league, 2004 didn't.

2008 hurt us but its not like its totally devoid of talent like 2004 was

2008 or 2004?

Rhyan Anderson TRANSFER
Charlie Jones GARBAGE
Bobby Washington TRANSFER
Tyler McMeans GARBAGE
Andrew Johnson TRANSFER
James Bryant TRANSFER
Willie Williams TRANSFER
Lance Leggett SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Kirby Freeman GARBAGE/TRANSFER
Romeo Davis SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Chris Rutledge GARBAGE
Jon St Pierre TRANSFER
Carlos Armour SERVICEABLE
Joe Joseph SERVICEABLE
Anthony Reddick GOOD PLAYER, CAREER RUINED BY INJURY
Dwayne Hendricks ?? SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Chris Zellner SERVICE AT BEST
Khalil Jones GARBAGE
Josh Kerr TRANSFER
Lovon Ponder SERVICEABLE
Rashaun Jones ?? TRANSFER?
George Timmons?? TRANSFER?
Derron Thomas SERVICEABLE
Tyrone Byrd GARBAGE
Calais Campbell GOOD PLAYER

I'm guessing some of Erickson's classes are right up here but I can't find them online.
At least 8 of the guys transferred and 5 or 6 were serviceable at best. The rest were garbage

2008 or 2004?

Rhyan Anderson TRANSFER
Charlie Jones GARBAGE
Bobby Washington TRANSFER
Tyler McMeans GARBAGE
Andrew Johnson TRANSFER
James Bryant TRANSFER
Willie Williams TRANSFER
Lance Leggett SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Kirby Freeman GARBAGE/TRANSFER
Romeo Davis SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Chris Rutledge GARBAGE
Jon St Pierre TRANSFER
Carlos Armour SERVICEABLE
Joe Joseph SERVICEABLE
Anthony Reddick GOOD PLAYER, CAREER RUINED BY INJURY
Dwayne Hendricks ?? SERVICEABLE AT BEST
Chris Zellner SERVICE AT BEST
Khalil Jones GARBAGE
Josh Kerr TRANSFER
Lovon Ponder SERVICEABLE
Rashaun Jones ?? TRANSFER?
George Timmons?? TRANSFER?
Derron Thomas SERVICEABLE
Tyrone Byrd GARBAGE
Calais Campbell GOOD PLAYER

At least 8 of the guys transferred and 5 or 6 were serviceable at best. The rest were garbage

Well if you look it that way, ****, 04 was worse that I gave them credit for. And I can a say it 1 more time out loud, I hate Larry ****n Coker as much, if not more, than Corch Shannon. They both ran this program into the abyss.

+1 The 2004 class started the downfall and it was expedited by the thrashing against LSU in the Peach Bowl their freshman year.

Advertisement
Back