Most delusional college fan bases - this is good

1. Gaytor fans
2. Touchdown Jesus (Notre Dame)
3. Michigan football fans
4. TAMU fans
5. Tennessee Vol fans

I don't think Kansas & Kentucky BBall fans are necessarily delusional because their teams are legitimately in contention for Final Fours & championships pretty regularly based on ho well they recruit. They're definitely annoying fans, but I wouldn't say delusional.
A&M is a really good one. Have a few of those in the family. I’m always curious as to what they believe they’ve ever accomplished.

Advertisement
so stupid..ND are delusional but they have the talent to be in the mix almost annually. USC delusional? come on. they have the talent all they have to do is put it together.

Do they? They regularly get blown out by teams with "equal" talent and embarrass themselves when they make a title game. The vast majority of their rings came before 1950 and they only have one in the last 30+ years.

I don't see how you get more delusional than Notre Dame.

If we're just talking football:

1) Notre Dame and it isn't even close: One ring since 1980 and they didn't deserve it.
2) Georgia: One ring in 1980 and they think they're big boys.
3) Florida: Constantly underachieving given their resources.
4) Tennessee: It's not the 50's anymore.
5) Texas: See above.

Advertisement
We'd be on the list if people actually believed we had a fan base.
Lol. It's sad but true. There's a group of hardcore fans out there supporting the team and actially paying attention and then there's the hordes of "fans" jumping on the bandwagon screaming "THE U IS BACK, BRO!" after any big win only to disappear back into the abyss once they lose.

Sorry, but I work with mostly cultists that worship this dumpster fire school in Trashville. I hate living @ an hour a way from that place!
4da1eb44f54876a07ab142545867a977 (1).jpg

Last edited:
so stupid..ND are delusional but they have the talent to be in the mix almost annually. USC delusional? come on. they have the talent all they have to do is put it together.

That's kinda the point. All that talent and belief in themselves doesn't seem to translate on the field. Despite never putting it together, they enter most years being talked about as contenders. Sure, we're delusional, but we never get the preseason hype USC and nd get.

USC:
They started the season ranked #1 in the AP Poll, but finished unranked—the first team to do so since the 1964 Ole Miss Rebels[1] and the first to do so in the BCS-era.[2]

2012 USC Trojans football team - Wikipedia

ND:
Notre Dame has had problems in November the last five seasons. In three of the last Novembers Notre Dame opened the month as supposed national title contenders. All three times Notre Dame ended the season well outside the race after failing to close the seasons strong and losing games each year.

Notre Dame Scheduled Another November Collapse in 2018 // UHND.com

Advertisement
UF (no knowledge of football) and PSU (Paterno derangement post-Sandusky) are the most delusional I've seen.

VT would at least make my top 10, never won anything, but think their field entrance propels them to something other than a middling program in the middle of nowhere. Quick name one great VT player past or present...when your two most notible alumni are Bruce Smith and Michael Vick...well

Advertisement
VT would at least make my top 10, never won anything, but think their field entrance propels them to something other than a middling program in the middle of nowhere. Quick name one great VT player past or present...when your two most notible alumni are Bruce Smith and Michael Vick...well
Kam Chancellor....

Advertisement
That's kinda the point. All that talent and belief in themselves doesn't seem to translate on the field. Despite never putting it together, they enter most years being talked about as contenders. Sure, we're delusional, but we never get the preseason hype USC and nd get.

USC:
They started the season ranked #1 in the AP Poll, but finished unranked—the first team to do so since the 1964 Ole Miss Rebels[1] and the first to do so in the BCS-era.[2]

2012 USC Trojans football team - Wikipedia

ND:
Notre Dame has had problems in November the last five seasons. In three of the last Novembers Notre Dame opened the month as supposed national title contenders. All three times Notre Dame ended the season well outside the race after failing to close the seasons strong and losing games each year.

Notre Dame Scheduled Another November Collapse in 2018 // UHND.com

USC and ND are bluebloods and we're the orange-headed, latin stepchild. We'll always be underdogs. The 2001 AND 2002 teams started the polls at #2. But I don't see USC as delusional at all. They had an epic run, comparable to ours (though with maybe a quarter of the NFL success), more recently than ours. And USC is very comparable to us in terms of producing legendary players. I think they're actually always a step away and it's a matter of putting their back yard on lockdown. That's not delusional to me that's realistic.

Same as Miami. We know what can happen under the right circumstances. It happened with four different head coaches (and really five because that 2000 team counts). If Larry Coker can win a ring at Miami, just about anyone can.

Lol. It's sad but true. There's a group of hardcore fans out there supporting the team and actially paying attention and then there's the hordes of "fans" jumping on the bandwagon screaming "THE U IS BACK, BRO!" after any big win only to disappear back into the abyss once they lose.
Then there's the ones you ain't seen since 2003 showing up like...

what year is it.gif

If Texas A&M is not in your top three you have it wrong. They haven’t won **** but think they are top class SEC.

Advertisement
Back