Morris officially done.

Although we will win as many post-season games this year as we did in 2012, so I guess it's possible to make a regional and have the same result.

See?

Snark for something that wouldn't have made a difference or changed your stance one bit.

Miami making the postseason in Stetson's place wouldn't have mattered one iota to you. It would have been met with negativity.

Advertisement
But when Miami made it in it wasn't an accomplishment and certainly wasn't good enough.

Stetson doing it is worthy of mention, though.

Just like how Mike Martin's career was a joke 18 months ago among out fans, but now is worthy of jealously according to some (like you).

Stetson being a host and in the top 8 national seed discussion is absolutely a story. You must hate Stetson for some reason.

Mike Martin only gets criticism for not winning the whole thing. But he never let the program fall apart after a loaded group.

Stetson being a host and in the top 8 national seed discussion is absolutely a story. You must hate Stetson for some reason.

No, I just don't care and their success of lack thereof doesn't affect my view of Miami baseball.

It does for a lot of people though which is silly.

See?

Snark for something that wouldn't have made a difference or changed your stance one bit.

Miami making the postseason in Stetson's place wouldn't have mattered one iota to you. It would have been met with negativity.

Facts, not snark. It is a fact that we won zero postseason games in 2012, same as 2017 and 2018.

No, I just don't care and their success of lack thereof doesn't affect my view of Miami baseball.

It does for a lot of people though which is silly.

We would love to talk Miami baseball, but there's already a 2019 roster thread. Not much to discuss until draft day. Other than that, we're stuck talking about the NCAA baseball tournament which starts this week.

Advertisement
Facts, not snark. It is a fact that we won zero postseason games in 2012, same as 2017 and 2018.

Facts and snark are not mutually exclusive.

Winning 6 postseason games was a failure to you, as well. There's no circumstance in which you wouldn't have killed the team/staff short of winning the championship.

Somehow Stetson merely hosting (which they'll almost certainly fail to advance to Omaha) is a smashing success but put Miami in their place and it's nothing.

We would love to talk Miami baseball, but there's already a 2019 roster thread. Not much to discuss until draft day. Other than that, we're stuck talking about the NCAA baseball tournament which starts this week.

When there was postseason baseball to discuss, all you wanted to discuss was how what was being done wasn't good enough and was a failure.

Mike Martin, though, is lauded for accomplishment that wouldn't mean anything if it was Miami.

Since Miami's program has fallen apart (last two years) this is their ACC record:

Miami: 32-26
FSU: 30-27

Large conclusions will be drawn, though.

Unfortunately for us, there are other games that count. Florida State was a host in both years since 2016.

Advertisement
Facts and snark are not mutually exclusive.

Winning 6 postseason games was a failure to you, as well. There's no circumstance in which you wouldn't have killed the team/staff short of winning the championship.

Somehow Stetson merely hosting (which they'll almost certainly fail to advance to Omaha) is a smashing success but put Miami in their place and it's nothing.

You're putting words in peoples' mouths. No one has praised Stetson. It was mentioned that they made it and they are hosting.

Unfortunately for us, there are other games that count. Florida State was a host in both years since 2016.

But one program has "fallen apart" and the other is excelling, right?

Florida State being a national seed this year is a joke. They claimed that UCF was left out because of conference standing but then they give Florida State a national seed after finishing 6th in the ACC.

When there was postseason baseball to discuss, all you wanted to discuss was how what was being done wasn't good enough and was a failure.

Mike Martin, though, is lauded for accomplishment that wouldn't mean anything if it was Miami.

You brought up Mike Martin. He isn't being lauded by anyone. He might be lauded during the telecasts this week. We'll see. But I don't control the media.

Stay focused on the thread. This is about 2018. Some of us will probably talk about things that happen over the next few weeks.

You're putting words in peoples' mouths. No one has praised Stetson. It was mentioned that they made it and they are hosting.

This.

That is embarrassing what the **** has happened to the Canes baseball team which at one point would make it to Omaha every season.

You can always count on some clown to show up and use some one-time event at an obscure school to **** on a Miami athletic team.

It's stupid but we have stupid fans.

Advertisement
But one program has "fallen apart" and the other is excelling, right?

Florida State being a national seed this year is a joke. They claimed that UCF was left out because of conference standing but then they give Florida State a national seed after finishing 6th in the ACC.

Miami did fall apart, and FSU is excelling. Yes, I would say that is accurate.

Advertisement
Lord almighty I'm barely on here right now but I can still smell you from a mile away.

Could you imagine our fanbase if we would have had Martin and FSU had Fraser/Morris?

Yes, they've been better than us the last 2 years. We still have 4 CWS titles, they have 0.

Thank god Morris is done. But I'll take Miami baseball over the past few decades vs what Martin has accomplished

The timing of Piccolo's white knighting is just weird. We knew half way through the season that this wasn't a postseason team, again. There's nothing to argue about right now. Morris and DiMare mangled the roster, tried to patch it with ill-advised JUCO transfers, and then had to put a team full of freshmen out there. That's how you miss the postseason two years in a row. I don't know what the controversy is.

Advertisement
Back