Morris officially done.

Should have cleaned house and bring in a new staff. Start off fresh, get the stench out of the clubhouse..

The decision to promote DiMare was announced in 2015. We made the CWS in 2015 and 2016.

There's a lot of stench coming from your uninformed comment.

Advertisement
A lot of talk about where Miami baseball sits as a program, and I think a lot of it is disregarding the landscape of CBB in general the past few years. This is a sport where not all that long ago one program won twelve rings straight (USC in the 70's). Then you have about 8 years back a regional #4 seed winning it all, which is statistically less probable than a 16 seed winning the tourney. Now you've got a program like Stetson hosting.

Baseball is a much whackier game than football. The "better" team does not always win. Even necessarily on average, over the long run. Especially in college. No one is winning 12 straight rings again. The parity has increased to the point where resources are not everything.

Morris was an amazing coach. The two rings say so little about his career at The U. Dude was a walkoff home run from a third ring, and made the CWS **** near all the time his first 15 years. Let's maybe be adults and appreciate what he did in TWENTY FIVE YEARS AT MIAMI instead of bashing him for the last two, huh?

As for the program, the question really is was Morris hindering Gino, or are we looking at more of the same? Son of a trustee or not, DiMare won't get three seasons without making it to Omaha. Blake James does not F--- around.

USC did not win 12 straight titles. That's where I stopped reading. When someone says that a program won 12 titles in one decade, there has got to be some major trolling going on.

Advertisement
Actually, with all the references to Stetson, they have never been a joke, that has long been a NCAA Tournament team. Maybe they hadn't hosted before, but they have made the tournament many, many times....I remember them frequently being in our regional all the way back to the early 1980s.

"As for the program, the question really is was Morris hindering Gino, or are we looking at more of the same? Son of a trustee or not, DiMare won't get three seasons without making it to Omaha. Blake James does not F--- around. "

I too think DiMare will be on a short leash....as well he should. I don't agree with him having been gifted the job in the first place.

Advertisement
Look at Stetson's covered batting cage guys.

deland4.jpg

They had a covered batting cage in 2017, and the result was an RPI of 157. In Steve Trimper's second year they have a top five RPI and will host for the first time ever. I wonder if it has anything to do with coaching.

FYI, #146 Virginia Tech also has an indoor baseball facility.

Advertisement
Back