Happy to see him possibly get some increased reps / exposure with Luck out
aa0f8f2d95f10932335636f69bebe283.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
.....ok

Luck will be plugged right back in when he returns

.....ok

Luck will be plugged right back in when he returns

Nobody saying he better than Luck...but it's a good chance for him to showcase himself in a league devoid of quality quarterbacks with a few more about to retire in the coming years

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime you better"

Exactly. Most don't get the opportunity. I'm not suggesting for a moment that he's replacing Luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
He definitely has been playing the best of the quarterbacks available (Luck is injured). Sure he is playing against 2nd and 3rd team defenses, but he is also playing with 2nd and 3rd team offense. He really has thrown nice passes that none of the other quarterbacks have been close to making. I'll be watching I hope he wins that back-up spot for when Luck is back.

Good for the kid. He looked decent in an earlier preseason game. Like the poster above said, there's a shortage of even decent QBs in the league right now.

good luck to him, still bothers me though he went to the NFL combine and ran the fastest 40 yard dash among QB's including manziel and it seems he never used his mobility to pick up easy yards or scramble to frustrate the opposing defenses at miami

Advertisement
good luck to him, still bothers me though he went to the NFL combine and ran the fastest 40 yard dash among QB's including manziel and it seems he never used his mobility to pick up easy yards or scramble to frustrate the opposing defenses at miami

You must've not been paying too much attention his senior year.

He had a bum wheel.

Advertisement
Morris severely injured his leg against Savanna State during his senior year. He never ran after that game.

I hope he succeeds, he's a good kid. I just don't think he's ever going to be NFL accurate enough to be a regular starter in the league. He misses on too many easy throws. I still think he can carve out a nice Matt Moore-like NFL career as a backup. He's the kind of guy who won't kill you for a game or two if your starter goes down but I don't think he's quite good enough to be a full time starter.

Scott Covington Part 2? A deceptively long NFL career with a few starts sprinkled in? Had my occasional issues with his demeanor here but any success and exposure for a Cane at the position is good for us. The Quarterback U reputation needs to be rebuilt piece by piece.

Advertisement

You must've not been paying too much attention his senior year.

He had a bum wheel.

even before then i dont rememeber him using his mobility much, i remember a specific play against fsu in 2013 he had a clear lane to pick up a first down with his legs and he just throws an incompletion and killed the drive.

Glad he's getting an opportunity. Last time his number was going to get called they ran out and signed Clipboard Jesus.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Scott Covington Part 2? A deceptively long NFL career with a few starts sprinkled in? Had my occasional issues with his demeanor here but any success and exposure for a Cane at the position is good for us. The Quarterback U reputation needs to be rebuilt piece by piece.

I remember rooting for Brock Berlin when QB injuries allowed him to start for the Rams against the Bengals (allowing me to see the game) in 2007. My wife (a Bengal fan) was even pulling for him because he was a 'Cane.

He would actually have the best stats for the back ups if those sorry mutha ******* wrs wouldn't drop every pass.

Advertisement
Back