Mork would have kicked Ed Reed off the team

Advertisement
Y'all pulling out some embarrassing comparisons to push this agenda.

Not only was this dude Ed Reed a grown *** man, but he was also a joint leader of the **** defense and the whole team along side Ray Lewis. Ed Reed literally stepped into the Ravens organization as a rookie and started year 1 and was a stud since.
By the time Harbaugh got hired to coach the ravens this man had already made the Pro Bowl 4 times. Ed Reed was **** near the defensive back coach. Need I also mention the man was almost 30 years old? I could go on and on but the bottom line is that Reed was a stalemate who garnered respect across the whole organization from top to bottom. He literally earned the right to tell the coaches "That wont work boss". He also never fought with his position coach. He didn't quit on the team or showed poor effort/pouting in practice or games. The man TOLD Harbaugh he disagreed, but followed his orders and gave full effort while doing it. Plus the fact, that this was Harbaugh's first and only tenure as a head coach, after being a **** career special teams coach. If he took a breath and considered for a second about removing or replacing Ed Reed, the Ravens front office (or ****, Ray Lewis plus the whole defense) would've told Harbaugh to go fvk himself and work it out with Reed.

But y'all want to compare that to Jeff Thomas who was a got **** high school kid who already quit on his high school multiple times, committed to Mark Richt, who had been a HC for 15+ years already, along with a successful WR coach who had been coaching for multiple years. He came into THEIR situation as an 18 year old kid who has to prove that he's worth playing over the guys in front of him. Showed that he's a very talented but immature player and literally quit the team after 1 **** year after a relatively successful year, but was fondled into coming back. Very next year he argues and fights with his established position coach and quits on the team again with 2 games left into the season.

Comparing a 28 year old All-Pro safety and captain to an 18 year old All-Conference underclassman who quit on his team multiple times.

Advertisement

Not only was this dude Ed Reed a grown *** man, but he was also a joint leader of the **** defense and the whole team along side Ray Lewis. Ed Reed literally stepped into the Ravens organization as a rookie and started year 1 and was a stud since.
By the time Harbaugh got hired to coach the ravens this man had already made the Pro Bowl 4 times. Ed Reed was **** near the defensive back coach. Need I also mention the man was almost 30 years old? I could go on and on but the bottom line is that Reed was a stalemate who garnered respect across the whole organization from top to bottom. He literally earned the right to tell the coaches "That wont work boss". He also never fought with his position coach. He didn't quit on the team or showed poor effort/pouting in practice or games. The man TOLD Harbaugh he disagreed, but followed his orders and gave full effort while doing it. Plus the fact, that this was Harbaugh's first and only tenure as a head coach, after being a **** career special teams coach. If he took a breath and considered for a second about removing or replacing Ed Reed, the Ravens front office (or ****, Ray Lewis plus the whole defense) would've told Harbaugh to go fvk himself and work it out with Reed.

But y'all want to compare that to Jeff Thomas who was a got **** high school kid who already quit on his high school multiple times, committed to Mark Richt, who had been a HC for 15+ years already, along with a successful WR coach who had been coaching for multiple years. He came into THEIR situation as an 18 year old kid who has to prove that he's worth playing over the guys in front of him. Showed that he's a very talented but immature player and literally quit the team after 1 **** year after a relatively successful year, but was fondled into coming back. Very next year he argues and fights with his established position coach and quits on the team again with 2 games left into the season.

Comparing a 28 year old All-Pro safety and captain to an 18 year old All-Conference underclassman who quit on his team multiple times.
This is BIG Facts!

Did you even watch the video or did you just pump out this verbal diarrhea? First, I doubt Ed's attitude changed much whether he was 22 or 32. In fact it probably was better as he got older than his younger years. Harbaugh CLEARLY stated Ed was up and down with his emotions, when the hoody went up he knew he wouldn't even talk the coaches (ie. bad mood). How is that not what you define as "pouting"?

Also Harbaugh said he was disrespectful to him and the program. What do you think Ed was saying sweet nothing's into Harbaugh's ear that he called him being disrespectful? NO he was probably dog cussing him. He even eluded to this later saying you show your players love even when they act CRAZY.

Harbaugh coached special teams and DEFENSIVE BACKS from 1998-2007 in the NFL before coaching the Ravens, so to characterize him as some newbie that did deserve any respect is just a flat out lie.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you even watch the video or did you just pump out this verbal diarrhea? First, I doubt Ed's attitude changed much whether he was 22 or 32. In fact it probably was better as he got older than his younger years. Harbaugh CLEARLY stated Ed was up and down with his emotions, when the hoody went up he knew he wouldn't even talk the coaches (ie. bad mood). How is that not what you define as "pouting"?

Also Harbaugh said he was disrespectful to him and the program. What do you think Ed was saying sweet nothing's into Harbaugh's ear that he called him being disrespectful? NO he was probably dog cussing him.

Harbaugh coached special teams and DEFENSIVE BACKS from 1998-2007 in the NFL before coaching the Ravens, so to characterize him as some newbie that did deserve any respect is just a flat out lie.

I bet you looked that up on wiki. He didn't start coaching DBs until literally 2007 when he didn't get promoted because nobody wanted a special teams coach.

Also, you kidding me? You just said you doubt Reed changed from 22 to 32? That's an insult to any human because you should constantly look to better yourself and mature as a person. Yes I watched the video, that's NOT Jeff's predicament. No where in this video did Reed straight up quit on Harbaugh.

YOU STILL COMPARING AN NFL VET, ALL-PRO AND CAPTAIN TO A KID 2 YEARS INTO COLLEGE.

Comparing an admittedly highly talented high school quitter who quit when he got to college even when things were going good... to a hall of Famer, possibly one of the greatest Safeties to ever play the game. Dude was already an established stud before Harbaugh got there. Like I said, that dude couldn't even think about trading Ed Reed without the organization turning on him.
In year 1 of coaching them homie?!?!!! Like I said. Jeff literally quit after year 1 and was already pulled back in from the staff. Y'all really disrespecting Ed Reed right now with this dog**** comparison.

I bet you looked that up on wiki. He didn't start coaching DBs until literally 2007 when he didn't get promoted because nobody wanted a special teams coach.

Also, you kidding me? You just said you doubt Reed changed from 22 to 32? That's an insult to any human because you should constantly look to better yourself and mature as a person. Yes I watched the video, that's NOT Jeff's predicament. No where in this video did Reed straight up quit on Harbaugh.

YOU STILL COMPARING AN NFL VET, ALL-PRO AND CAPTAIN TO A KID 2 YEARS INTO COLLEGE.

Dude you are totally missing the point. Reed was ALWAYS an emotional player, even when he was at UM (so is Thomas). Attitude (ie. the way one feels about something) don't change much over the years bc they are conditioned responses. One may change their actions to their emotions over the years through training but the emotions behind the actions rarely change.

As the saying goes "a tiger doesn't change his strips". And Ed (much like Thomas) was always a Tiger. Yes you can train a tiger and make him do tricks but at some point he may maul you.

Moreover, these are the UNTOLD stories of Ed Reed. If you think Reed didn't cuss out or have verbal conflict with his coaches through out his football career, even while at UM, I have beach front property to sell you in Kansas. Most good coaches keep these things in house and know how to manage personalities. Mork obviously does not know how to manage certain personalities.

Last edited:

Also Harbaugh said he was disrespectful to him and the program. What do you think Ed was saying sweet nothing's into Harbaugh's ear that he called him being disrespectful? NO he was probably dog cussing him. He even eluded to this later saying you show your players love even when they act CRAZY.

Common Mann everyone who watches football knows reed earned his right to give his opinion.everyone gets mad at one time or another and when you are you don't want to be bothered.but make no mistake reed never quit in fact if you've read about our great 2001 team in 98 reed and several other players came together and they were going to what it took to win

Advertisement
Dude you are totally missing the point. Reed was ALWAYS an emotional player, even when he was at UM (so is Thomas). Attitude (ie. the way one feels about something) don't change much over the years bc they are conditioned responses. One may change their actions to their emotions over the years through training but the emotions behind the actions rarely change.

As the saying goes "a tiger doesn't change his strips". And Ed (much like Thomas) was always a Tiger. Yes you can train a tiger and make him do tricks but at some point he may maul you.

Moreover, these are the UNTOLD stories of Ed Reed. If you think Reed didn't cuss out or have verbal conflict with his coaches through out his football career, even while at UM, I have beach front property to sell you in Kansas. Most good coaches keep these things in house and know how to manage personalities. Mork obviously does not know how to manage certain personalities.

At what point did I ever deny that Reed wasn't emotional or said he didn't argue with Harbaugh. What I said was it's a different situation because he didn't quit on his coaches. And dont sit here and try to backtrack on Ed Reed at UM. You brought up how a grown man and established player reacted to Harbaugh and tried to say what Richt would've done based off watching this video. Most good coaches would keep it in-house is correct but yet you portray Harbaugh as a good coach when he's literally in this documentary telling house secrets lmao. Do you hear Richt saying **** about Thomas? You also keep ignoring the fact that Thomas quit. What part of that do you not understand. You're comparing a hall of Famer to someone who quit at the 11th hour. How does this make any sense?

Advertisement

You kind of proved the point. If he was a selfish kid coming out of high school and had quit on his team in high school then:
A) WTF are you recruiting him for?
B) You better have a plan and support system other than , "It's my way or the highway!!!"

IDK, somewhere along the line you make the kid grow up without all the fallout. A good recipe for that is player lead team leadership. Could have put Willis on him to help straighten him out. If Thomas couldn't/wouldn't respect Willis, then he'd be a lost cause.

I support your arguments.

I can see both sides to this issue. Yes it could be put on the Coach for recruitment of a troubled High School kid , but from Miami we would miss out on a lot of great football players. Probably they should have put someone with him , but maybe they did. We gave him a chance to grow up. But doesn’t the young man take a lot of the responsibility here. He challenged authorities all the time he was here. In class and on the field. They did try to heal him by keeping him here a second year hoping he would grow up and learn how to respect his peers. Lastly he quit on his teammates. With just two games left he left them high and dry. I don’t care how you feel or hate our Coach but really , without you thinking I’m supporting him, it’s on the kid. He quit... Maybe we get lucky and Coach will too...

Advertisement
Back