More portal guys?

Advertisement
Funny how Graves gets the a-ok to play immediately and Ole Miss doesn't even worry about it, but we're so concerned with Andre Sam and little Tulane.

Sometimes I feel as if this program lacks the ruthlessness and brash persona which it thinks it truly is.

2 different situations. Everyone gets immediate eligibility for first time or grad transfer. Sam already transferred to Tulane this off-season when Guidry was hired by them. Also, Miami let Graves enter the portal with no restrictions..Tulane was threatening us with tampering if he transferred here specifically.

Thought i remember Cribby saying Tulane threatened to pull red flags if he transferred to us.

They could threaten to do anything they wanted. The reality is, a kid from Louisiana got an offer from LSU and he stayed home.

Does anyone honestly think that LSU was his safety school because Miami got scurred of Tulane?

They could threaten to do anything they wanted. The reality is, a kid from Louisiana got an offer from LSU and he stayed home.

Does anyone honestly think that LSU was his safety school because Miami got scurred of Tulane?

To be clear, my point is that it wasn't something fans made up on the board. That's the word I'm pretty sure was given on why we had lots of traction with him then suddenly wavered our recruiting efforts.

To be clear, my point is that it wasn't something fans made up on the board. That's the word I'm pretty sure was given on why we had lots of traction with him then suddenly wavered our recruiting efforts.

Good lord, we didn't "waver on our recruiting efforts". He always had an offer. We continued to recruit him. We would have taken him.

But LSU offered. That's what happened.

Tulane could have threatened to use old Russian nukes on us. Wasn't relevant. The LSU offer was.

And, yes, while cribby can say something, there are dozens of CIS nutjobs who will magnify it into a federal case and build myths about that one time that Tulane stopped Miami from recruiting a guy. Ridiculous. Never happened.

Advertisement
He looked like a child in that game. He got absolutely destroyed. Watched the OL on the sideline and the kid was very upbeat , looking for coaching etc. nice kid. Totally over his skis out there though.

Advertisement
He looked like a child in that game. He got absolutely destroyed. Watched the OL on the sideline and the kid was very upbeat , looking for coaching etc. nice kid. Totally over his skis out there though.
Lmfao. Stop giving opinions if you thought he got destroyed.

Lmfao. Stop giving opinions if you thought he got destroyed.
I watched him closely. I was sitting next to a guy who knew the family and he was saying he was happy for the the kid but he wasn’t ready for that kind of action. He did the best he could, doesn’t mean he played well.

I watched him closely. I was sitting next to a guy who knew the family and he was saying he was happy for the the kid but he wasn’t ready for that kind of action. He did the best he could, doesn’t mean he played well.
Did he get beaten on any plays? Allow any sacks?

Advertisement
Ok.

McGlaughlin is a future first round draft pick.

I’ve never seen such white knighting for a kid who had no business seeing the field.
I never said any such things. It was a general legit question. You legit said that you watched him close and your takeaway was he “ looked like a child out there”. So my question is valid. If you “watched him closely” (I didn’t) you should be able to tell me if he got beaten on run plays or gave up sacks in the passing game. Tell me something more than “he looked like a child”. You have no observations at all but just **** on the kid smh.

I never said any such things. It was a general legit question. You legit said that you watched him close and your takeaway was he “ looked like a child out there”. So my question is valid. If you “watched him closely” (I didn’t) you should be able to tell me if he got beaten on run plays or gave up sacks in the passing game. Tell me something more than “he looked like a child”. You have no observations at all but just **** on the kid smh.
I’m not trying to bash the kid. He looks like a nice kid who is a good teammate and coachable. The simple fact is he got dog walked the majority of the game.

I’m not trying to bash the kid. He looks like a nice kid who is a good teammate and coachable. The simple fact is he got dog walked the majority of the game.
Again, you say it in different ways but don’t give any intel smh. “Dog walked” would assume he got beaten most of the game.. which you are failing to say whether he did or not. Others are saying he didn’t get beaten and your are just being dramatic

Advertisement
Again, you say it in different ways but don’t give any intel smh. “Dog walked” would assume he got beaten most of the game.. which you are failing to say whether he did or not. Others are saying he didn’t get beaten and your are just being dramatic
The whole team sucked in the Pitt game. To single out one guy isn’t really fair but because of the guy sitting next to me telling me he knew the family I watched him more than I would an o lineman. It’s been a few months so I can’t give you a play to watch but I can tell you he had zero push in the running game and in pass protection he was being pushed right back into the pocket repeatedly.

Sack number 1:

Whiff:

Pushed back into QB (happens on other plays as well):

Sack number 2:

Sack number 3 (next play):

Near sack number 4(2 plays later):
https://youtu.be/S8WgcPDQcBA?t=1211

I think you get the picture.

Thank you for bringing receipts. I remembered it exactly that way. I am not really an OL guy nor do I focus on them specifically when I watch. Which means if bad OL play jumps out at me, it is because it was noticeably, obviously bad. He was getting destroyed in those clips.

He seems like a nice enough kid but he had a rough outing that day. Anybody that says otherwise saw a different game than me.

Maybe he has a future but I did not see any evidence from it that day.

Thank you for bringing receipts. I remembered it exactly that way. I am not really an OL guy nor do I focus on them specifically when I watch. Which means if bad OL play jumps out at me, it is because it was noticeably, obviously bad. He was getting destroyed in those clips.

He seems like a nice enough kid but he had a rough outing that day. Anybody that says otherwise saw a different game than me.

Maybe he has a future but I did not see any evidence from it that day.

A good number of those plays were close to defensive hands to the face as you could see his head getting pushed back. Pretty easy to do when the DL is 6'2 and the OL is 6'7. Beyond that, he didn't have the strength against the largest DL on Pitt AND the worst series was late in the game so he clearly wore down playing more than expected. Didn't Zion have an ugly game vs UF as a freshman? The point is, I'm not throwing in the towel BUT he has two mountains to beat out.

Advertisement
Back