More portal action!!!!

Advertisement
I think he's better than Tito showed to be last year. So, I expect him to start unless Ford or Bethel make a tremendous leap, in which case we're good either way. This was really big.

Now, we need a DE to fit into the Garvin/Rousseau/Patchan crew.

Do you like the Phillips kid?

I’m with you man, I am a firm believer that you should be required to watch certain classic movies... and that’s why I wanted to know that movie since didn’t immediately recognize... I think you can tell a lot about someone, and If you will like them based on their top 5 movies lol...
Haha! There might be sonne truth to that.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory"

Talent-wise? Sure. No idea how reliable he can be. I say bring in every-*******-body and let greentree sort it out. Whoever doesn't like it can bounce.
phillips would need to sit out a year, no? which is to say, yes, bring in hill, bring in everyone.

Advertisement
Why do people assume this dude will start

He's a below average DT Based on stats and history
Because he was a fish out of water in UCLA’s defensive scheme last year. He has the potential to flourish in our agressive, attacking system.

Why do people assume this dude will start

He's a below average DT Based on stats and history
The thing is it doesn't matter if he starts or not. He's not going to be Gerald Willis. We needed a 4th guy to go with Ford, Bethel and Nesta. I think Nesta should win the #1 role. Ideally, anyway. Then, whoever is #2 will at least be a competent player. We'd have relatively decent depth ala 2017.

Advertisement
Nesta and Ford are in the system another year. I think we got some dudes on our roster that aren't going to lie down for a grad transfer who couldn't get PT on a bad team

I sound like a hater but I just don't get the excitement. Sure for depth reasons it's a win.but it's not like landing Phillips or Hill imo
Nesta, yes. The other spot is open, though. Ford and Bethel could hold it down, but I think this guy beats them both out.

hes not below average, please do some research before you start typing stuff thats not true.
I've stated that he will be great for depth reasons.
I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm saying his results are below average and he couldn't find playing time on a BAD DL

That's a legitimate question to ask. Obviously never a bad thing getting a grad transfer DT but I'm not as certain as some other posters that this is a "huge" pickup and will be a starter guaranteed

Advertisement
I've stated that he will be great for depth reasons.
I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm saying his results are below average and he couldn't find playing time on a BAD DL

That's a legitimate question to ask. Obviously never a bad thing getting a grad transfer DT but I'm not as certain as some other posters that this is a "huge" pickup and will be a starter guaranteed
like I said hes not here for depth, he's here to start had. First year in college had 46 tackles 8 for loss in a 4-3 defense, his playing time dropped due chip kelley changing the scheme to 3-4. He is not a 3-4 Dt he is a 4-3 Dt. those aren't below average, I'm here for depth numbers.

like I said hes not here for depth, he's here to start had. First year in college had 46 tackles 8 for loss in a 4-3 defense, his playing time dropped due chip kelley changing the scheme to 3-4. He is not a 3-4 Dt he is a 4-3 Dt. those aren't below average, I'm here for depth numbers.
That was his 3rd year in college

He went to a JUCO
Then didn't play his first year at UCLA
Then had 48 tackles in 2017
then had a reserve role last year

So yes he's serviceable. All I'm saying is we have Ford and bethel who both could stake their claim for the other starting spot with another year in our system. I don't get the bonafide "he's the starter" talk

I mean I hope so. I just don't get it

Advertisement
That was his 3rd year in college

He went to a JUCO
Then didn't play his first year at UCLA
Then had 48 tackles in 2017
then had a reserve role last year

So yes he's serviceable. All I'm saying is we have Ford and bethel who both could stake their claim for the other starting spot with another year in our system. I don't get the bonafide "he's the starter" talk

I mean I hope so. I just don't get it
hes better than ford and bethel. He has put up better 3 than both of them so what makes u think he wont start. and when i mean first year in college i mean against real competition.

D40C54B1-6401-42E6-8CC5-A38C45E3F011.gif

Advertisement
Back