More on NIL Super deals and NIL Collectives

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol; tried to tell ya’ll before this chit happened. Somehow u thought this would even the playing field & would be a good thing to bring back the proverbial “parity.”

When there’s no structure, all u have is interpretation which leads to chaos. I’m sure something will give, eventually; but when, who knows. The worst thing that could’ve happened was not having set guidelines regarding NIL, namely, players ONLY can get compensated for the use of their name, image, or likeness regarding any University published materials including merchandise, commercials, memorabilia, gaming, promotions, posters.

This chit is literally the Wild, Wild West. But, for some this is what u wanted b/c u thought it was a benefit. All this did was empower boosters to come out from the dark & be flagrant, while also stopping kids from taking paper bags & dipping.

But kids are getting paid and I am happy as **** they are. **** the old ways that have kept college athletes down.

Advertisement
SMU despite being a small private school has a vast North Dallas Booster group with DEEP pockets.

Sh*t ton of Millionaires & Billionaires in
Pony express might be up and running sooner than ppl think. Surprised B12 hasn't already tried to add them.

Last edited:
But kids are getting paid and I am happy as **** they are. **** the old ways that have kept college athletes down.

Oh most definitely; I have no problems w/ NIL, in general. I’ve been advocating for NIL b4 this was even a topic.

W/ that being said, the construct of it now, or lack thereof, is not conducive to a healthy atmosphere. I don’t even care that one kid is getting X & and another is getting Y (b/c in the real world, that’s life). On one hand, it helps eliminate the shady, under the table antics, but on the other hand, it allows such shadiness to be proliferated.

I do care, that HS kids are being shopped to highest bidder. I’ve always cared about that, legally or under the table. It’s the established college student, whether they an early enrolled TF or RS-Sr that should be entitled to NIL, while the HS kid should be allowed to create content or find other source of income and not be penalized or deemed ineligible. Jmo

I love it because many poor kids will now have an opportunity lift their immediate family out of poverty. Like the man said, find a credible NIL Attorney to assist to avoid the potholes unscrupulous Collectives and Companies that will surely come calling.

Advertisement
You knew that SMU would eventually go all in on NIL, they've been waiting for this day for 40 years. Good for them, kids are getting paid, I have no problem with that. I have no problem with kids getting paid legally, without having to risk their eligibility merely because the NCAA feels like enforcing the rules that particular day.

I find it hilarious that some on this board are complaining about "Kids being bought", when KIDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BOUGHT. The ONLY difference is that now, kids have an actual marketplace to hawk their wares. Every institution can now participate, when in previous generations, only specific schools could compete, with those outside the "In Group" always looking over their shoulder for the NCAA. We've learned from the deals being signed that these kids have been woefully undervalued for decades. The day of the 100 dollar handshake, and some pocket change for rent are over, these kids should be getting more and they are getting it.

Always remember the following: No one has a **** problem with assistant coaches making more than University Presidents, or athletic directors. No one has a problem with a football or basketball coach being the highest paid state employee in most states. I have never seen a think piece on the Cavinder Twins or Paige Bueckers securing the bag. A lot of this "I don't know about NIL" concern trolling is just that, trolling. The concept of the field hands getting paid bothers a lot of people in this country, because economic freedom is the ultimate middle finger to a society that still doesn't value certain groups.

I love it because many poor kids will now have an opportunity lift their immediate family out of poverty. Like the man said, find a credible NIL Attorney to assist to avoid the potholes unscrupulous Collectives and Companies that will surely come calling.
These kids need to learn how to manage their money, they need to learn how to identify good representation. Pop stars and other young, wealthy people figure this stuff out, athletes can too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back