More of DeeJay Dallas, please

BoxingRobes

Junior
We need to see more of him in the run game in the future.

We knew he was an athlete coming in, but he runs with an authority we have not seen here in a while. His strength and balance is special when working through trash. Good vision, too. Unfortunate that he, at times, was asked to make plays during obvious, unwinnable situations (running wildcat on consecutive plays for example).

I know we are bringing in some special backs next year, but Dallas needs to be fed more in the ground game and giving him some burn in the pass game. Would have loved to see him involved more as a receiver out of the slot, getting him into space, too. He has the ability to eat against nickels with his power and he's more athletic then linebackers he'd be matched up with in the short passing game. If we ever used motion, he's the perfect player on the roster to use in this role to catch a team off balance.

Advertisement
Yeah, he definitely needs touches. He could definitely play a Sony Michel role - sometimes at RB (or in wildcat), others in the slot. If coaches were creative, you could even put him and Homer as split backs at the same time and run some things out of that set.

I love Homer’s toughness and speed, but our run game yesterday consisted of QB runs, and Deejay.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coaches have to know how to use him.

Exactly.

Pretty mind boggling to me in a game where you have been screwed by the officials and not played your best, that you devote an entire crucial possession to wildcat football with a player you have NEVER let throw the ball. If I'm not mistaken, Deejay played some QB in high school...not sure why the coaches insist on doing exactly what the defense is predicting EVERY time the wildcat set lines up.

Sure, run a play or two here and there in various series....but just run it 3 times and punt basically when you need a drive?

If Deejay can throw like I suspect he can, that would be an extremely dangerous set to run if there was any tape demonstrating it.

UM

Advertisement
Deejay was definitely one of the few bright spots for us in last nights game. I do love Homer, I think he's a tough kid and I appreciate the plays he makes on special teams...but Deejay is just so dynamic and more explosive. He also has shown better field vision. I can see Deejay starting next season as the primary running back and being used in the slot sometimes. I would also love to see Deejay have opportunities to return punts next year.

I would love to see him get some passes on the edge. Good luck to the DBs that try and tackle him.

Coaches have to know how to use him.

Exactly.

Pretty mind boggling to me in a game where you have been screwed by the officials and not played your best, that you devote an entire crucial possession to wildcat football with a player you have NEVER let throw the ball. If I'm not mistaken, Deejay played some QB in high school...not sure why the coaches insist on doing exactly what the defense is predicting EVERY time the wildcat set lines up.

Sure, run a play or two here and there in various series....but just run it 3 times and punt basically when you need a drive?

If Deejay can throw like I suspect he can, that would be an extremely dangerous set to run if there was any tape demonstrating it.

UM

I said the same thing. When it didn’t work on first down, They did the same thing on second down. DJ could have thrown it to Rosier who was split out and easily got the first down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back