More *****ing about the camps

‏@TheMaxFilesBlog is Max Raymond, from the looks of it.. either him or one of his friends just can't land that UM offer lol

122.jpg

123.jpg

He looks like he has something up his butt in the 1st pic. Nice Carlton vest in the 2nd.

After the FAU camp he was like:

147.gif

After the Miami camp, he was like, Whaaaaa! I aint got no offer! Whaaaaa!

148.gif

Advertisement
‏@TheMaxFilesBlog is Max Raymond, from the looks of it.. either him or one of his friends just can't land that UM offer lol

122.jpg

123.jpg

Hate to cast aspersions on high school kids, but he looks like a scrub.

Who is he anyway? From the looks of him, FAU may fit like a glove.

Dieter Kurtenbach says otherwise! He says that he covered BOTH CAMPS, and that saying FAU was the better camp, is laughable!
Clearly this MaxFilesBlog is a Troll with an agenda! Hey kid, u need to spend more time working on ur game and less time criticizing on Twitter.

What makes anyone think his comments are not accurate? Its clear that coach Golden puts more emphasis on recruiting at his camps than most D1 coaches do. Given that, it seems very plausible that the staff would spend more time evaluating the cream of the crop than working with the mid-level kids.

Different coaches use camps for different reasons. UF uses their Friday Night Lights camp as a PR tool. Not so much for talent evaluation but rather for bringing in targets that are already sighted and trying to shmoozing them. Allot of lower level programs use their camps for revenue generation. Those are the camps where mid-level HS kids can get some good instruction.

What basis, at all, do you have for your first paragraph?

By all accounts our coaches do a lot of teaching at the camps. I realize we use them as recruiting tools, but who doesn't?

Last edited:
Advertisement
A few things

1. Al Golden set the camps up to give more exposure to more kids. He did this by LOWERING the cost and setting up 5 camps. Now kids have the opportunity to get "coached" or "corched" by Al and the Staff over 5 dates (instead of 1) at a very low price.

http://algolden.com/

2. Have we not watched many kids get evaluated IN PERSON at these camps and walk away with an offer. What about our Darrell Langham or Cortel Jenkins? Lower ranked kids who come to the camps, workout and get offers. Seems like the opposite of this "SUPERSTAR" event. Also, should we not recruit more talented kids? Should we not give them attention? If you want them for the most part, you have to stroke their egos 24/7. Its the nature of the beast, so some lower ranked kids may be left out in the cold. If a lower ranked kid is not happy with the system, work harder and make it known to the coach you want an offer.

Otherwise a few years after your recruitment a random fan will make the point we should have offered this 3rd string DB at UCLA.

3. This just reeks of another South Florida POS. Also for all the people that suck off Luther Campbell, is he defending UM? He went to these camps, he is on "better terms" with the staff. What is Uncle Puke doing?

4. South Florida is a disgusting mess. This just further makes it worse. Now the unknown kids have egos.

What is next?

Chad Thomas says this guy's full of ****. So, that's cool.

The Max Files Blog ‏@TheMaxFilesBlog:

Ha UM never offer a kid from a camp but bama does.

#GUMP Rampage #GUMP Rampage ‏@F5_Chad:

@TheMaxFilesBlog that's a lie

#GUMP Rampage ‏@F5_Chad:

“@TheMaxFilesBlog: Where's the kid that got offer from UM from the camp?” ✋

Advertisement
Lower ranked kids who come to the camps, workout and get offers. Seems like the opposite of this "SUPERSTAR" event

I think this is a true statement. Look at the LB that we recently lost to concussions. I cannot think of his name, but he was from the east coast of FL, white kid, came to camp and received an offer and committed. Enrolled on campus and suffered a career ending concussion before he was able to step onto the field on Saturdays.

Edit: Just researched, the player I was referring to is Josh Witt.

'Cane On

Last edited:
From Golden's Twitter:

Colleges working camp Sat 6/22 & Sun 6/23 include: #FAMU, #FIU, #McNeeseSt, #Samford, #StetsonU, #StonyBrook, #Wesley, #Woffard

Guess someone sees value in the camp. Kids that aren't D1 caliber get a chance to showcase for many other schools.

Chad Thomas says this guy's full of ****. So, that's cool.

The Max Files Blog ‏@TheMaxFilesBlog:

Ha UM never offer a kid from a camp but bama does.

#GUMP Rampage #GUMP Rampage ‏@F5_Chad:

@TheMaxFilesBlog that's a lie

#GUMP Rampage ‏@F5_Chad:

“@TheMaxFilesBlog: Where's the kid that got offer from UM from the camp?” ✋

I am sorry Max Files but this year alone there were two

Courtel Jenkins was offered at the camp

Darrell Langham was offered as well

If you gon' hate Max, then lose OUR Michael Irvin speech. If you're whining via twatter that you didn't get an offer, then step your game up. Period.

Advertisement
Only 100 kids showed up at the FAU one day camp. More one on one time with coaches.

• One Day Camp - ($35) Registration for the One Day Camp opens at 9am. The FAU coaching staff has planned a full day where athletes will experience a variety of individual, group, and one-on-one drills. Dates: June 8th, 9th, 10th and July 22nd.

• Team Camp - ($245 / $265) Our Team Camp is a three day experience, June 14th-16th, with the option for overnight stay. Expect to participate in fast paced drills and receive helpful feedback from the coaching staff.

• LB School - ($150) At our LB, the FAU staff and other collegiate coaches share their experience with the pivotal position players. Film, drills, and coaching feedback will be focused toward Linebackers. The dates for these camps are June 18th and 19th.

Question is; is this guy credible or not?

The man is a quality journalist with a mastery of the English language........

The Max Files Blog ‏@TheMaxFilesBlog 7h
@MiramarSports it depends on how much quality players they've got attended at their camp. But 3 though? Can't believe it

...with apparently no malice or bias against The U:

@MiramarSports yeah I understand that but UM don't develop players good anyway So why ? Would I want a kid that I like.... Go there.

The Max Files Blog ‏@TheMaxFilesBlog 8h
Tracy wasn't the best corner but lord he made a mistake going to the U. He should had choose a real program

126.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is a reason those kids don't have offers. You want Miami to offer kids that not even FAU or FIU wants come on... all those kids want and feel they can play at Miami and the high school coaches think there kids are the best anyway. Some of thise kids need a D3 offer or go to JUCO before they can play at Miami or the major programs... Miami wants the elite players in Miami and around the country.

@MiramarSports it depends on how much quality players they've got attended at their camp. But 3 though? Can't believe it

@MiramarSports yeah I understand that but UM don't develop players good anyway So why ? Would I want a kid that I like.... Go there.

Tracy wasn't the best corner but lord he made a mistake going to the U. He should had choose a real program

126.jpg

Once you tweet the part in bold you enter a land of logic. If you think we suck then why go, why discuss it, why waste your time? He sounds like he just got rammed without any lube.

126.jpg

What a *****.

If you want an offer from Miami shut the F@#k up and work harder.

You really think b!tching about the local team on twitter is helping your cause.

Kids these days are just too f@#king stupid and soft as ****.

My future children will def never have twitter, SMH at this generation of soft a$$ football recruits.

Quick question: Does anybody have this kids stats from last year since he thinks so highly of himself?

He doesn't believe UM put out 3 offers at one of it's camps. Over the 3 camp days we've had we have probably given out about 15 offers from class of 14-16

Advertisement
Back