More former Canes have made $$$ contributions to new IPF

if i won the powerball um wuold have a great football complex and utk would have a great business building

If you win a $500M powerball you're gunna want to take the lump some and put it in a bank/dividends/stock, but when you take the lump some you only get like $400M of that. Then after all the taxes you'd have like $200M left.
Then im sure you'll want to buy a new house in a good area and a new car or two if you are married, along with furnature, wardrobe, and whatever other crazy **** you decide to buy... Over estimate how much all that'll cost so you have $180M left.
Then you need to set aside $1M per child to pay for their education (hs, miami undergrad tuition, grad school...). So $176M left.
Now what about your family? You just gained 800 new cousins. Maybe you want to pay for your parents house? Maybe help out your siblings?
If i won lotto, id donate like a million. More important for me would be setting up an annual scholarship so one more student with no money can attend.

Advertisement
if i won the powerball um wuold have a great football complex and utk would have a great business building

If you win a $500M powerball you're gunna want to take the lump some and put it in a bank/dividends/stock, but when you take the lump some you only get like $400M of that. Then after all the taxes you'd have like $200M left.
Then im sure you'll want to buy a new house in a good area and a new car or two if you are married, along with furnature, wardrobe, and whatever other crazy **** you decide to buy... Over estimate how much all that'll cost so you have $180M left.
Then you need to set aside $1M per child to pay for their education (hs, miami undergrad tuition, grad school...). So $176M left.
Now what about your family? You just gained 800 new cousins. Maybe you want to pay for your parents house? Maybe help out your siblings?
If i won lotto, id donate like a million. More important for me would be setting up an annual scholarship so one more student with no money can attend.

$200 million apparently isn't what it used to be.

It really isn't.
Anyways paying for a football complex and new business building for a school would be ******* expensive. If you have $200M are you going to be willing to give up 25% of all your money?

I see where you're going, but you overestimated the lump sum. No way you get 80% of the advertised value with lump sum. More like 50%. Basically you can figure you will end up with about 25% of the advertised value. 50 % lump sum and then another 50% of what is left to taxes.

With that said, you always take the lump sum. A bird in hand is as good as 2 in the bush. Or something like that

Advertisement

Just nitpicking here, but after taxes of 400M they wouldn't take 50%! You'd have more like 300M or so. But either way, if you can't do all that and have a couple hundred million left, and still be ok you got problems!

I take back anything bad I ever said about Andy Crosland. Hahaha! Who am I kidding? No I don't! But good for him for throwing some cash toward this.

It really isn't.
Anyways paying for a football complex and new business building for a school would be ******* expensive. If you have $200M are you going to be willing to give up 25% of all your money?

Are you really taking the time to write treatises about what a guy is going to do with his nonexistent lottery proceeds?

Advertisement
I wouldnt worry about it. My parents have a fund already set aside for me so bite my ****. I would just be happy to donate to UM over my alma mater UTK.

@calinative student

Though calinative umstudent may have wanted us to vote bernie and therefore ended most of the colleges around us

Last edited:
I wouldnt worry about it. My parents have a fund already set aside for me so bite my ****. I would just be happy to donate to UM over my alma mater UTK.

@calinative student

Though calinative umstudent may have wanted us to vote bernie and therefore ended most of the colleges around us

I would have voted for Bernie. Or Biden.

Gray Crow? That shocked me a bit. Cool to see that players who didn't really contribute anything on the field, still be a part of the movement and momentum!

As fans we obviously focus on the guys who see the field the most, but all those other dudes are putting in the same work as the starters. They live and breath Miami football just as much. Great to see them giving back.

It really isn't.

Are you really taking the time to write treatises about what a guy is going to do with his nonexistent lottery proceeds?

You've been here way too long to be surprised by this.

Advertisement

@calinative student

I would have voted for Bernie. Or Biden.

Go Hernandez yourself.

What branch did you serve in?

It really isn't.

You've been here way too long to be surprised by this.

Haha

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back